No announcement yet.

Official Wichita State versus Louisiana Tech Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75% is 8 more pts. I was away tonight due to family. But why cant I find a box score anywhere. I thought we were in a more important conference.
    I see occasional score updates on major sports news sites, but no stats, no box nothing anywhere, just a crappy score.
    Phi Alpha

Comment

• Stevenson laying on the floor while his teammates walk past him not helping him up is pathetic

Comment

• Stevenson clearly looked on his offensive game tonight and I'm not sure Jones even looked at him in the 2nd half. Of course, I don't think Jones ever looked away from the rim all night either.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Fwiw, I didn't think we would win so I am not too mad about the outcome. McDuffie, however...
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
            Stevenson laying on the floor while his teammates walk past him not helping him up is pathetic
            There were chemistry issues last year...I was hoping that all graduated and left the team. Hate this kind of garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              Fwiw, I didn't think we would win so I am not too mad about the outcome. McDuffie, however...
              I didn't either. That's why I pocketed an easy $100 with that ridiculous line tonight. But please don't excuse SHJ either. He was just as bad.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• BOBB
                BOBB commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not. I just never had high expectations for him.

• Give Stevenson all SHJ's minutes

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
                75% is 8 more pts. I was away tonight due to family. But why cant I find a box score anywhere. I thought we were in a more important conference.
                I see occasional score updates on major sports news sites, but no stats, no box nothing anywhere, just a crappy score.
                This is the 3rd time I have posted this tonight:

Generally, you can always get live stats from the either the pre-game notes or the schedule at goShockers.com

Comment

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We should include that link at the top of every game thread. Along with the link to Yurview.

• Leadership not coming from SHJ, Torres, or MM. Pretty obvious that future leaders are Burton and Stevenson.

Comment

• TheShocktocles
                  TheShocktocles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Torres has been a major diappointment. How can a 1st team juco all American be nonexistent? Really I don't understand. Maybe you guys can explain it.

• Got destroyed on the boards by a team that was worried about size and athleticism.

P.S. Remember when FcDuffie played team ball and crashed the glass like an animal?

Comment

• TheShocktocles
                  TheShocktocles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Our guys did not even go to the boards. They stood and watched. Why do we play Mitgord. He 7 ft can't win a jump ball, blows layups, and the other team players do not fear taking the ball to the rim against. The experiment needs to end. He should not be on the team next year. He is Div 2.

• Seniors and AM looked awful. Torres was a non factor. Chance Moore looks out of place. Rod, Udeze, and Poor Bear all were meh. Erik, Dex, Burton, and Jaime played pretty well.

Comment

• IndianaShocker
                  IndianaShocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like Burton a lot. But if him playing well is 4 turnovers and 6 points on only three shots his ceiling is low. Jamie was impressive. Erik showed up. I can't say someone who was 0-4 from two and 4-9 from the line played well, but if you meant DD had a pulse I can give you that.

Please no more AM in starting line-up, SHJ needs to play about 12 min off the bench. Sit FcDuffie against Providence and maybe you get his attention. Or maybe he quits. Either would be win at this point.

• There is no such thing as a stupid PG. If your so-called PG is not the best when it comes to making decisions, you find another place for him on the floor where he can contribute.
                SHJ is not a PG. He makes JuCo level player decisions with the ball.
                There is a reason he was relegated to the end of the bench for the last 10 games last year. Those reasons have not changed.

McDuffie has never stopped auditioning for The League since his Sophomore year. Too many parasites yapping in his ear that he was "The next KD" poisoned his focus and outlook.

A few more nights like this and it will be time to cash it in and play the youth at all times. This season may end up looking a whole lot like what is going on in Oakland right now.

That is all.
                Last edited by ShockRef; November 6, 2018, 09:44 PM.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• JVShocker
                  JVShocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agree with these statements 99%. The other 1% says start playing the young kids now and give a redshirt to a couple of seniors.

• BOBB
                  BOBB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hate it when I agree with you

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I need my "safe space"...

https://media.giphy.com/media/1HPjAvlXox1le/giphy.gif

• Marshall pinning this one on free throws and rebounding. While true, there were other more glaring factors that played into the loss that didn't get a mention.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• IndianaShocker
                  IndianaShocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If 3G is who I think he is, he will nip this senioritis **** from FcDuffie & his side kick. But I thought he would fix the chemistry issues last year too. Let's be real, ANYONE looks like a great coach when you have Ron & FVV.

• Would rather the Shocks do less sight seeing in DC and spend more time focusing and fixing things.

Comment

• pie n eye
                  pie n eye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There are things in life more important than basketball.

• Stevenson outscored MM/SHJ combined on 15 less shots. Dennis was able to play 28 minutes tonight with only 1 foul after after so much trouble the other night. 42% from the ft line seems almost impossible, even if you only let the big guys take them.

Bench 35
                Starters 23

Comment

• TheShocktocles
                  TheShocktocles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Every time the shocks had a chance to cut the lead down Dennis and McDuffie would go to the free throw line and miss. And then it became contagious for the rest of the team. WTF is that. How does a senior play that bad. Smj and McDuffie were 1-12 for 3 pointers.
              Working...
              X