Coach’s Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach’s Show

I don’t see a thread for this year on the front page, so I will will start one. in order of importance:

Is there a show tonight?

What channel? Still 1330 KFH?

How to access? I’ve used TuneIn Radio for several years and never had a problem. However, neither KFH or KEYN are coming up on a station search on the app.

Edit: After refining the search, both stations got a result of “not available”.

Originally posted by Good News View Post
    I don’t see a thread for this year on the front page, so I will will start one. in order of importance:

Is there a show tonight?

How to access? I’ve used TuneIn Radio for several years and never had a problem. However, neither KFH or KEYN are coming up on a station search on the app.
    The Gregg Marshall Radio Show returns to the airwaves, Monday, Nov. 5. Join Coach Marshall LIVE from 6-7 p.m. every Monday at AJ's Sports Grill at The Alley, or listen to the show on KFH (98.7 FM / 1330 AM). The show is rebroadcast in a television format Mondays at 9 p.m. on YurView Kansas (Cox 2022). Date Time Link

Comment

Who is the 4-star guy Gregg talked about getting a commitment from next Tuesday?

Comment

Is there a show tonight?

KNSS

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
          Who is the 4-star guy Gregg talked about getting a commitment from next Tuesday?
          I believe that would be Tyson Etienne.

Comment

Is there a show tonight?

Edit: After refining the search, both stations got a result of “not available”.
            Those stations switched to the radio.com app.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Markis has to learn to lead himself but he wants to be a team leader. Teddy Allen also is willing and 3G thinks able to provide some leadership.

Comment

No dice on KNSS or KFH being available on TuneIn. I’ll do some research but If any out of towners have figured out alternatives please share.

Comment

No dice on KNSS or KFH being available on TuneIn. I’ll do some research but If any out of towners have figured out alternatives please share.
                  As Fever alluded to. Radio.com app
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

As Fever alluded to. Radio.com app
                    I guess he has me on ignore.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I was/am on a small iPad and didn’t refresh the screen before posting the reply while continuing to search and research on my phone. Nobody is on ignore (a small miracle after more than a decade on SN). Radio.com app worked quickly and efficiently for both KNSS and KEYN.

As far as the show:

1. In a normal situation coach would be inclined to redshirt several current contributors. Referenced needing to play Stutz and win so,e games so he didn’t get sent back to the East coast.

2. I didn’t hear anything to mitigate the “buckle your seat belt it’s gonna be bumpy” scenario. But:

3. I did like Coach definitively stating the not if but when they will be a good team sentiment.

Ready for the season.

Comment

Basics:

Tomorrow night should be interesting. They are a good team who is in a good, underrated conference. If we don’t play well not only will they beat us they could blow us out

Not used to really focusing on whether we are improving from game to game vs over our record, but he has to do that this year or he will stroke out (my words not his)

Had three or four new players last game that had bad nerves to the point they literally did almost nothing positive

Still spoke very highly of Dex as well as JB and Erik.
                        Said Morris was playing through shoulder problems but liked his attitude and toughness.

Busse redshirts, probably no one else will

He said team spent a lot of time together this offseason bonding and doing character building exercises with Steve Dickey. Thinks it will pay off eventually.

Comment

Teddy is very vocal and will be a leader. Has no idea on his waiver.

Will shrink his rotation (compared to what was played in the exhibition), but players will get opportunities.

He talked about the "first" that happened last year. One was a player who "flunked out" - which was a first (and eventually transferred) - Keyser?

He said he has some players who "should" redshirt but will have to figure out a way to play them unless they come to him and ask to be redshirted. Too many unknowns this year impact this decision.

La. Tech will be very tough. Hopes the team plays well and has a chance to win at the end.

SJH has had a marvelous summer. He is healthy. He is a do it the right way type of guy. Needs to play D, expects good things from him.

Coach is wondering when the FBI investigation will ever move to football - if it ever does then pandora box will be open.
                          Last edited by SB Shock; November 5, 2018, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Gregg reiterated (he has said this multiple times after the last game) how much we need Samajae this year. We need him to make the one on one moves but we need him to do it toward the end of the 30 second time clock and try to get a better shot early said Gregg.

Anyone who fails to see the importance of SHJs scoring on this team doesn’t see how this teams biggest Achilles heel will probably be a lack of players with Div. 1 offensive experience/confidence.

Comment

What a great listen! Coach Marshall once again (as always) is in the right mindset. This upcoming season will be magical!!! Go Shocks!!!
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                              X