Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans Day/Kansas Honor Flights watch party event

Shocker Watch Party!

Friday, Nov. 9, 2018: Doors open at 3:30 p.m.; tip-off is at 5 p.m.
    Entry fee is $10, and food will be provided.

Come watch the Wichita State Shocker men’s basketball team take on the Providence Friars — while raising funds for the Kansas Honor Flight organization. For Veterans Day weekend, we’re throwing a Shocker Watch Party on Friday, Nov. 9. Your donation to our worthy cause will net you entry into a drawing for great prizes, including:
    • Airline tickets/vouchers on Frontier Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and Allegiant Air
    • 5 certificates for 5 days of free airport parking
    • Tickets to three Wichita State basketball home games
    • Passes to the Wichita Art Museum
    • And more

Funds raised will help pay the cost to fly World War II, Korean and Vietnam War veterans to Washington, D.C. to visit their war memorials and receive the thanks and honor that many never received. During the event, we will salute the Veterans and show pictures of past Kansas Honor Flights. And members of the Wichita State dance team will join us during half-time.

We want to thank our sponsors for making this happen:
    • The Hudson
    • WSU Alumni Association
    • XClusive Events
    • Bluestem Rentals
    • WagonMasters

I will be out of town on this particular day but obviously love the concept. Is there a chance that similar events will happen throughout the season?
    78-65

Comment

Yes, there will be other similar events during the season. I will post details here on Shockernet when they are available.

Comment

Great idea but not sure you are charging enough. Heck, they charge you $10 at Koch Arena for nachos or a burrito. Of course, I am sure I would have the oppourtunity to donate a few extra bucks voluntarily.

Comment

Bumping this for a reminder. This is a great cause, would love to see people come out to watch the game and support our vets.

Comment

Bump it once a day at least. It's worth it.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
            X