Jamarius Burton Defensive Focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamarius Burton Defensive Focus

This kid sounds like he is going to get some major playing time as a defender. Has made it a focus of his game for a long time. Comes from a family of high level athletes as well.

TC2.0

Comment

Love this. I wasn't particularly worried about offense with this group. Great to hear there's a defense-first stud in the stable.
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Ooooh man. Quality kid. Love the grandpa title. There's never anything wrong with being mentally mature for your age. Lots of success in store for this dude's future.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
          TC2.0
          This might be more true than you realize (or maybe you do know this, and if so, my bad...).

I seem to remember reading about how Tekele's mom was a basketball coach and pounded a defense-first mentality into him.
          78-65

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            Can't be TC 2.0 as TC was bulletproof. Did he EVER have an injury in his life? Anybody ever check if he was born on Krypton?

T

...:cool:

This kid is off to a fast start...

Comment

Actually Tekele had an injury in high school that affected his recruiting. Some sort of leg injury as I recall....
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I thought after the free public scrimmage this dude was possibly the most impressive Freshman I've seen in the GM era. Did not disappoint after last night. Kid is going to be good real good.

Comment

I think it all starts with Jamarius this season. I think he's the building block at PG that gets this team in position to score. He's got the talent, mindset and toughness to emerge as the floor general and leader of this team.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                I think it all starts with Jamarius this season. I think he's the building block at PG that gets this team in position to score. He's got the talent, mindset and toughness to emerge as the floor general and leader of this team.
                I’m all in on JB! I think he might be more effective as a 3 this season; working as a second PG to Torres, with SHJ working as a third PG. We need two plus PGs on the floor this year. Dennis and Stevenson as the other two guys playing the 1-3 so long as Allen is out.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Reminds me of Toure a little bit.

Comment

Reminded me of Ben Smith

Comment

Reminds me of Tekele with a little better handles.

Comment

One day we will say “reminds me of Jamarius Burton.”
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I would take a Randy Burns type freshman year.

Comment

Working...
                          X