WSU vs Catawba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who the hell is Talan Shinn?
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      That's Darron's personal account, not is AD account, for what it's worth. That being said, what's wrong with responding? My daughter said she liked it, just the sound needed to get better. Not like we haven't heard that every season for 20 years after game 1. Adjusting the settings for 10K for a new video isn't like turning the volume up on your Walkman. Was it my favorite video in the last 10 or so? No. Do I think they have old white guy in mind when making it? No.

I just don't see what's wrong with "hitting back". I don't think Darron was out of line at all. We've become this society where some people are allowed to say or criticize whatever they want, and others must be polite, contrite and humble in response. I don't get it. Nothing wrong with what Darron said, in fact I applaud him for saying it.

• ShockerFever
      ShockerFever commented
      Editing a comment
      So because it’s his personal account, the standards expected of a high figure of authority in the athletic department are magically wiped away?

His response is typical. The athletic dept can do no wrong and the fans are the bad guys here. He talks more on twitter than with his mouth. And I can understand why.

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, personal account or not, you know who he is and what he represents. Mounting a personal attack when someone posted a valid criticism and then hiding it behind "professionalism" isn't very professional in itself.

• I disagree with the consensus on Midtgaard.

He looked like an Ox surrounded by a bunch of swarming flies last night because, well ... he's an Ox, and Catawba is a bunch of hard working, well coached, pesky flies. It's the exact type of game where you would expect a large Hurculean player to look slower compared with everyone on the floor. But under the basket he was clearly dominant, even without a Van Vleet delivering leading passes to the open side of his body.

Offensively AM will be as good as our guards will allow him to be by getting him the ball on the unguarded side of his body, in a position where he can take it straight to the rack. That will take time to sort out this year. I anticipate that AM will be a huge factor in our lineup next year -- both figuratively and literally. If by the end of the year, our guards become good at getting our bigs the ball in the right space, with the right timing, then he might have a strong finish to this season as well. Hard to say if that will happen this year or not with only one NCAA D1 game on 75% of our player's resumes.
    Last edited by Kung Wu; October 31, 2018, 01:50 PM.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• asiseeit
      asiseeit commented
      Editing a comment
      our guards or forwards - none seemed to be looking to deliver to a well positioned big and
      much of their success depends on perimeter players with court vision / passing ability

• Good Kid. was a manager for the team his entire college time.

Comment

• Stats converted into per 40 minute (I know some on here dislike the 40 minute, but that is the length of a game, so it makes comparison to team totals much easier).

The bottom line is the four centers combined.

Exhibitionstats.png
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        I disagree with the consensus on Midtgaard.

He looked like an Ox surrounded by a bunch of swarming flies last night because, well ... he's an Ox, and Catawba is a bunch of hard working, well coached, pesky flies. It's the exact type of game where you would expect a large Hurculean player to look slower compared with everyone on the floor. But under the basket he was clearly dominant, even without a Van Vleet delivering leading passes to the open side of his body.

Offensively AM will be as good as our guards will allow him to be by getting him the ball on the unguarded side of his body, in a position where he can take it straight to the rack. That will take time to sort out this year. I anticipate that AM will be a huge factor in our lineup next year -- both figuratively and literally. If by the end of the year, our guards become good at getting our bigs the ball in the right space, with the right right timing, then he might have a strong finish to this season as well. Hard to say if that will happen this year or not with only one NCAA D1 game on 75% of our player's resumes.
        I’m buying stock in Midtgaard. Just need him to develop an attitude...

c8b167a99ff645561fb2bcdd266ebd6089af32950e71bd8009b01cf42999f2b6.jpg
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Lol, my apologies people. WiFi was crappy.
          WiFi was the absolute worst. I accessed yurview and got a frozen picture of Hull and Dennis. The commericials ran smmothly, however............almost!
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Paging forevershockerfan. We need your wisdom and positive vibes.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Boatright calling someone out on Twitter for being unprofessional, how ironic.
              Maybe one of our resident pollsters can put this up on a thread for those that saw the intro (I was late). LOL that Talan telling ADDB personally, not publicly, would have gotten a second thought by him.

By the way, any comments on this years men's poster. We've got at least 18 men's basketball posters (among other Shocker sports posters and memorabilia) hanging in our "Shocker Room". This poster will not be one of them. I am tired of the senior only posters. I was under the impression that we play as a team and all should be honored.

Comment

• Boatright should be embarrassed by his tweet. I assumed it was someone else of the same name or a parody account when I first saw it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Maybe one of our resident pollsters can put this up on a thread for those that saw the intro (I was late). LOL that Talan telling ADDB personally, not publicly, would have gotten a second thought by him.

By the way, any comments on this years men's poster. We've got at least 18 men's basketball posters (among other Shocker sports posters and memorabilia) hanging in our "Shocker Room". This poster will not be one of them. I am tired of the senior only posters. I was under the impression that we play as a team and all should be honored.
                  Here is a link to it on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/74146548833...1249797678649/
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• The new shocker page does not have the box score. Does anyone have the link to the blog score?

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    Boatright should be embarrassed by his tweet. I assumed it was someone else of the same name or a parody account when I first saw it.
                    Plenty of lessons to go around here. While DB may need to handle this differently, this young man shouldn’t bite the hand that may feed him. In other words, If he wants help finding a good job and needs references, he needs to be mindful of social media not being on his side but the Athletic Department could possibly help him. Just saying.

Comment

• Shockm
                      Shockm commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Then Boatright should be able to call him out too. It really doesn't matter what you or I think. Only what the boss thinks. I'm a boss and don't come to me for help later on if you choose to call me out. Private call outs are ok but not public. If someone chooses to not consider the future, that is ok too.

• Kung Wu
                      Kung Wu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think it's perfectly okay to call out your former boss on the most public media possible, as long as you are independently wealthy and don't need a reference.

• Stickboy46
                      Stickboy46 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If I had a boss that wouldn't give a good reference solely because I challenged that they didn't put their best effort forward... I probably wouldn't be asking them for a reference anyways Because they most likely were a crappy boss.

• Also, the scoreboard no longer shows player #s in the game, scoring or fouls. Hopefully that gets remedied. Kennedy even made note of it during the game.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                      Stickboy46 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There were times when it would pop up the structure for "Player Number / Pts / Fouls" without any data. So it's capable of it.

• Shockm
                      Shockm commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That was extremely irritating. I would have thought they would work out the bugs during the closed scrimmage with OSU.

• To wear #12 at WSU, you are required to wear a shoulder brace.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Coach was exasperated on the radio afterwards, said, "well, Samajie has to play, and Marcus has to play....".

Comment

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They need to refile Teddy's hardship waiver and point out how much hardship Marshall will go through if he's not cleared lol
                    Working...
                    X