No announcement yet.

WSU vs Catawba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they really reviewing possession with one minute left in an exhibition?

Comment

• Stevenson trying to be this teams Wessel. Lots of hustle.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I haven't seen Torres for a while. Did he go all Ant-Man subatomic?

T

...:cool:

Comment

• I'm gonna give Catawba some credit. They played WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY above their pay grade. Good practice against a stingy defense.

T

Comment

• Exhibition game for the announcers too. “This game ain’t over yet, shockers up by only 8 points...oh wait, 12 points” *awkward silence* “ let’s sneak in a break”.

Comment

• Lots of learning moments. The guys like to learn from film, well this game is gonna give them hours of studying lol.

Just gonna be a rough start and gonna take time. Shouldn't be a surprise. There are definitely pieces. Just gonna have to see how quickly it all comes together
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Burton and Poor Bear were the only two I didn't get to see this Summer. They are solid players indeed.

Burton is MTXE personified.

T

Comment

• Burton, Poor Bear, Udeze and Stevenson all had decent to good first outings in various ways

Comment

• Biggest disappointments for me were Dennis, Torres and Mitgaard. Only and exhibition but all 3 of these guys started and were outplayed by the rest of their teammates.

Comment

• XManCometh
                      XManCometh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I predict that by the time conference play starts, the only time Mitgaard gets in the game is when our other bigs get in foul trouble or when the opposition has a 7+ foot plodder on the court as well.

He's far too slow for this level of basketball in 95% of cases.

• Lots and lots of upside on this team, but I'd be very surprised if we finish above .500 and make any sort of post-season tournament. I almost hope Teddy doesn't become available this year so we don't waste a year of him while 90% of the team figures out how to play D1 basketball.

Poor Bear is going to be a 1st team all-conference guy by the end of his 4 years.

Comment

• Hope we can just chalk this up to shellshock like Gregg said.

Comment

• There are definitely some pieces.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Definitely dialing back my expectations but I think it will come together eventually this season. Especially if we’re fortunate enough to have Teddy Allen. Burton...glad we have that dude.

Comment

• As I’ve been saying...super excited for Burton’s Shocker career to get started!

SHJ looked good as SHJ looks against 2nd tier competition.

MM had a much better second half. He was bad in the first half.

I really liked Rod Brown and Morris Udeze. I think those guys will make winning plays this year.

Moore and Chandler have some offensive skill. They will need to develop.

Stevenson showed some hustle. I didn’t see much out of Torres, Dennis, Echenique, or Midtgaard.

Livin the dream

Comment

• pie n eye
                              pie n eye commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I figured I would see comments like this about Samaje. Maybe you’re right but I didn’t think the way he scored his points and played in this game was the same as his big outings last year. Seems like most of that was just extreme quickness down the court and a bunch of poor defense for easy layups. Tonight was a nice mix of drives, mid range, and threes. Catawba seemed well coached and fairly athletic with some decent guards. We’ll see.

• 3G says he needs to slow them down on offense and speed them up on defense.

He said a bunch of youngsters seemed to be shell-shocked by the environment. Hard to say how much that had to do with the performance. Markis shouldn't have been shell-shocked. I don't know if Markis will ever figure out he is much better when he doesn't force the action. Maybe he is just trying too hard to carry the team.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 30, 2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
                              Shocktoberfest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              When he took a couple of open shots late in the game rather than try to dribble and create he looked good. That's what he has to do. Forget forcing it dude! After 4 years have you figured out you are not a creator of shots? Seriously. Just slow the bleep down. Take open looks and play in your face D. That will do wonders for us and for your confidence.

• 1972Shocker
                              1972Shocker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The other thing he did as a sophomore was rebound and he scored quite a bit on offensive rebound put-backs or getting fouled on a put-back attempt.
                          Working...
                          X