2018-19 Annual "Redshirt" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-19 Annual "Redshirt" Guess-a-thon

Who is most likely to get red-shirted for the 2018-19 season?
    (Who may choose more then one)
    Burton, Jamarius - Freshman Guard
    5.00%
    Busse, Tate - Freshman Guard
    60.00%
    Chandler, Isaiah "Poor Bear" - Freshman Forward/Center
    15.00%
    Dennis, Dexter - Freshman Guard
    1.67%
    Moore, Chance - Freshman Center
    13.33%
    Stevenson, Erik - Freshman Guard
    20.00%
    Udeze, Morris - Freshman Forward/Center
    1.67%
    Some One Else (specify)
    5.00%
    No One
    15.00%

The poll is expired.

Are Stevenson and Busse the only ones on that list that didn’t take a post-grad prep year?

Comment

No one redshirts.

This season is a Hunger Games-like competition for minutes and spots.

The ones who miss out, will leave the program with their RS year in hand to sit out before being eligible to play somewhere else.
      The Assman

Comment

I'd rather speculate on the 11/6 starting line up. I'll guess Jones, ES, DD. MM and AM.

Comment

• FadedCrown
          FadedCrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Haynes-Jones, Dennis, Brown, McDuffie and Udeze.

I'll be the Negative Nancy here and say someone else, specifically Teddy Allen. Don't like the delay and fear we are in the appeals process.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        No one redshirts.

This season is a Hunger Games-like competition for minutes and spots.

The ones who miss out, will leave the program with their RS year in hand to sit out before being eligible to play somewhere else.
        Unless near guaranteed to be an impact player, no Freshman should ever redshirt. Having that year in a transfer situation is golden and having a full year in system to make a decision is also golden.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• jdshock
          jdshock commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, and even then, we're at a level where our near-guaranteed impact players are a risk to leave early anyway. It should basically only be a situation where we think they're going to be a great player, they'll be around four years, and a red shirt year as a sophomore is off the table because we think other personnel are going to create too much of a gap in talent to allow for it.

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, BOBB, with waivers being handed out like junk mail -- to everyone except Teddy, that is -- the redshirt year has lost some of its value. Lots of guys are finding they can transfer without having to sit a year these days.

I would be surprised if Tate Busse did not redshirt. Not sure about anyone else. Teddy's status could impact this. Probalby would have been better to poll this after tomorrow's exhibition game. That may shed a little light on this question.

I assume everyone will play against Catawba except Teddy unless his waiver is approved between now and 7:00 pm tomorrow.

Comment

I voted for someone else: Teddy Allen

Comment

stevenson

Comment

Whoever voted for Jamarius Burton is wrong. I don’t think he is redshirting. :)

He may be one of our best players.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                stevenson
                No way

Comment

Why do we think a Freshman walk-on will redshirt?

Comment

If Teddy gets to play, it will be Chance Moore. I like Chance, but he’d be fighting for minutes.

Comment

• Shockm
                      Shockm commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Chance Moore won't redshirt,whether Teddy plays or not. I don't see anyone redshirting.

Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post
                    Why do we think a Freshman walk-on will redshirt?
                    For one thing 3G said he would be in last night's pregame show. I believe this was pretty much anticipated to be the case from the time Tate committed to WSU.

Comment

After last night, I'll stick with my original Teddy Allen or no one answer. Already have three committed for two spots next year and we may not be done. A few guys won't be back and not taking a redshirt means they won't waste a year of eligibility.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not necessarily, Art -- as I mentioned to BOBB, that's where the ever-expanding waiver process comes in these days.
                    Working...
                    X