• Show
Clear All

• Four-Year Series with Oklahoma State

Starting next year in Stillwater...

2019: Gallagher-Iba
    2020: Intrust
    2021: Gallagher-Iba
    2022: In Wichita (arena TBD)

Wichita State and Oklahoma State will start a new four-year series next season. OSU comes to Wichita in December of 2020 and 2022. The Shockers visit Gallagher-Iba Arena in December, 2019 and 2021.
    78-65

Comment

Nice! Good regional match-up for both programs!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

At least we don't have to bellyache about the Intrust opponent in 2020. :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Interestingly, both games in Stillwater are on a Sunday. I am guessing that it was done to avoid a potential conflict with a Big 12 Championship football game.
            78-65

Comment

So that means IBA in 2019 is OU and 2020 is OSU. I'm ok with that. Hopefully the 2022 is CKA.

Either way, these are great series to keep going. Easy Travel and power opponents.

Comment

So, we have 2 series set for next year? Or am I missing some.

I know Oklahoma State and Oklahoma, but what about Baylor, and maybe Kansas State if they want one?

Comment

• tayloreldridge
                  tayloreldridge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OU and VCU both coming to VCU next season on top of road trip to Stillwater. Those are the only 2019 nc games so far.

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Speaking of VCU, did anyone else notice that Moe Allie-Cox is in the NFL and making spectacular one handed catches?

• TheShocktocles
                  TheShocktocles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I could care less if we ever scheduled KState or KU. Eff them. I like what Coach Marshall is currently doing. We have played Utah, Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, VCU, Seton Hall, Colorado State, Southern Mississippi and others. The two in state schools have made it clear for many years for a variety of bullsht reasons that it is not in their best interest to schedule us. Kstate only wants to schedule the shocks when they have a distinct advantage.

In the meantime the Shocks have won games against Iowa, Indiana, Ohio State, Nebraska, LSU, Tennessee, Alabama, Vanderbilt, Washington State, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Kansas, Colorado State, Seton Hall, UNLV, VCU, BYU, Gonzaga, Virginia Tech, Virgina, Marquette, and some teams I have probably forgotten.

When I was young and naive I rooted for all Kansas schools. But when you grow up and see how the Northeastern part of the state treats Wichita and Wichita State I can never support KU or Kstate. The only time I want to play them is in the NCAA tournament.
                  Last edited by TheShocktocles; October 29, 2018, 06:53 PM.

Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

I have had a lot of respect for OSU for scheduling WSU many years when others refused. They weren't afraid to come here 20 years ago and they still aren't. They deserve a lot of credit, and I hope it benefits both programs. As it should. Love the series!

Comment

How many more years does the OU series run for? Just two?

Would be nice to keep those twi going long term. I'd be happy adding Baylor and KSU to that mix as well.

OU, OSU, BU, KSU. Would be a great 4 games to pencil in every season.
                    The Assman

Comment

• FadedCrown
                      FadedCrown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      NM

• C0|dB|00ded
                      C0|dB|00ded commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Definitely! 3 Big 12 schools that are a very short flight/drive away makes a difference in travel costs and time students are away from class/studying. Silo Tech would be another annual no-brainer, but they have turned into bigger chickenshits than the original king of the ChicKUnshits.

T

...:cool:

Next, we need to add Creighton to the mix. Makes too much sense.
                    The Assman

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                      C0|dB|00ded commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I kinda forgot about that school. Now we hear they are paying tens of thousands for players... they're beneath us frankly. If we're going to schedule some cheaters lets schedule the K|Uckers. Much more satisfying to beat a cheater that actually has some success than a perennially failing cheater.

T

This series is not really fair but oh well. The final TBD game is determined on how good we are compared to them at the time. If we are clearly superior, no way do they come to Koch. This will be an uphill battle from day one. The OU series was fair. They know a game at Koch is a automatic loss. A game at Gallagher-Iba should be a near-automatic loss. The way I look at it they are up 2-0 before the series even starts.

T

Comment

It is tremendous to see this increase in Home and Away series with quality teams. Certainly takes a little load off of the annual OOC scheduling.

Comment

It appears Coach Marshall and Coach Boynton have developed a pretty good relationship and both are smart enough to know when they have a win-win opportunity.

:encouragement:

Comment

Working...
                      X