No announcement yet.

YURVIEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing sucks like being in the Cox service area, when Cox won’t provide service in your neighborhood ( not enough houses in the neighborhood to justify the infrastructure costs so they say). So our last year in the MVC I couldn’t see half the conference games due to ESPN3 blackout, yet my son in Kentucky could see all the games, both home and away. So glad to be in the AAC and no more Cox!

Comment

Cox's internet and service suck ... so being forced to watch on Cox is especially irritating because you are forced onto one of the lowest quality Internet providers in the area. Their TV guide and interface is one of the best though, but it is very pricey over time if you are constantly negotiating with them.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Does ESPN3 even exist anymore? I know you can still watch ABC/ESPN/U/2 things online but all of the “Ocho” stuff might be $4.99 a month now. If it’s $4.99 a month maybe that will mean no more blackouts.

Comment

• Jhook89
          Jhook89 commented
          Editing a comment
          It does. They split off some content to their espn + platform, but espn3 still plays the games you actually care about.

Haha, 10 minutes after posting this, I get a phone call from the Goddard school system indicating that the school district's phone system is down and COX is trying to figure it out. Too freakin funny.
        Last edited by Kung Wu; October 25, 2018, 08:06 AM.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Wonder if they are trying to workout a deal with ESPN+ to carry this season's Cox games. Tuesday's game isn't listed on ESPN3 or ESPN+ so far.

Comment

If you don't have Cox at your house, and would like a work-around I have found success in. Here it is:

Grab a smart phone or tablet (if it has a date plan without wifi) and turn the wifi off. Login to Watch ESPN with the wifi off using credentials. Find the game and select it to watch. When the game starts up on the screen, turn the wifi back on. The game should then work. The reason why this works is because blackout determinations use IP addresses, which don't apply to streaming via your mobile data plan.

I've done this several times with success.
            "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

• shock-it-to-me
              shock-it-to-me commented
              Editing a comment
              This is exactly what I always do. Works great.

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
            Wonder if they are trying to workout a deal with ESPN+ to carry this season's Cox games. Tuesday's game isn't listed on ESPN3 or ESPN+ so far.

Comment

• AndShock
              AndShock commented
              Editing a comment
              5 = every Cox game, I think

New YurView (Cox) seasonal promotional video...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              New YurView (Cox) seasonal promotional video...

LMFAO!!!
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

How can I get this game in Atlanra Ga. I don't see it on ESPN3?

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
                  How can I get this game in Atlanra Ga. I don't see it on ESPN3?
                  The game will air statewide on Yurview Kansas, available to Cox subscribers on HD 2022 and to fans in all 50 states at YurView.com/Kansas.

Comment

• atlwsu
                    atlwsu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks much

Should probably wait to confirm it works but for now this is awesome.

Comment

Stupid question, and I apologize if this has already been answered, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Do you have to be a Cox subscriber to watch it online?

Comment

• FadedCrown
                      FadedCrown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looks like you could just watch it, though you might have to login with a TV Provider (DirecTV, Dish, etc.)

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    Should probably wait to confirm it works but for now this is awesome.
                    Absolutely. About 10 years too late but still.

The volleyball livestreams work well. I assume it'll work here just the same.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                    X