No announcement yet.

Rice arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've heard of this story, it was a dumb thing to do and the system is handling it. They are still college kids and college kids still make some mistakes. Not a big deal.

Comment

A thief is a thief. Who knows what kind of suspension a thief will get, but remember Clevin Hannah got 4 games for a clerical error that was not his own.
      Phi Alpha

Comment

I'm curious to see how Drake handles this.

It's petty theft, just two packs of socks, but he is a public face of the University. Not that serious of a crime, but they need to send a message to the athletes and the public and the NCAA that this will not be tolerated.

You go too soft you are not sending a message, too hard you are punishing the whole team not just the two sock thiefs. Too bad for Drake that it was their top player that exercised such horrendously bad judgement.

Comment

Socks lol?
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Too bad student athletes don't have enough time to do laundry. (Sarcasism). Its kind of worse that he's so pathetic that he thinks stealing socks will make his life better.
            Phi Alpha

Comment

Now we can add battery of our center to his rap sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Now we can add battery of our center to his rap sheet.
                Did you think that was funny enough to dredge up this ancient thread? REALLY?

--'85.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                  Did you think that was funny enough to dredge up this ancient thread? REALLY?

--'85.
                  Yes, I did.

Actually I am more pissed off about the play than anything. I watched the replay several times. It had such an effect on me that Cold made some sense in another thread.
                  Last edited by shoxlax; February 26, 2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

you guys do realize this happened last September? old news....
                    " There's a difference between a good team and a great team "

Comment

Originally posted by shock4life View Post
                      you guys do realize this happened last September? old news....
                      Of course I do.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Yes, I did.

Actually I am more pissed off about the play than anything. I watched the replay several times. It had such an effect on me that Cold made some sense in another thread.
                        Take the rose colored glasses off. Have you not ever played sports in your life. Believe it or not, playing basketball at this level is scary with the speed, strength and athleticism of players. I watched the play as well (although apparently not to the disturbing level you did) and it was one of those plays where momentum dictated the contact. I didn't see Rice lined up like Jared Allen and cut Stutz's legs. It's basketball...things happen...get over it and move on. Some posters are being paranoid about this injury thing and taking a dive in the MVC tourny to stay healthy. Get a grip people and enjoy the ride and leave the paranoia to they Psych's at Comcare.

Comment

Wow, nice personal attack.

Played many sports. It wasn't a leg cut, it was a full body clear out that was not warranted.

So what's your resume pal? Check your PM too while your at it.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                            Take the rose colored glasses off. Have you not ever played sports in your life. Believe it or not, playing basketball at this level is scary with the speed, strength and athleticism of players. I watched the play as well (although apparently not to the disturbing level you did) and it was one of those plays where momentum dictated the contact. I didn't see Rice lined up like Jared Allen and cut Stutz's legs. It's basketball...things happen...get over it and move on. Some posters are being paranoid about this injury thing and taking a dive in the MVC tourny to stay healthy. Get a grip people and enjoy the ride and leave the paranoia to they Psych's at Comcare.
                            For what it's worth, it looked to me like Rice thought that Stutz had a rebound and 2 points and was going to do anything he could to stop it. I don't know if he rolled him on purpose, but he was going to stop him from rebounding and scoring the putback for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                              You're a condescending douche and I haven't played any sports. What's your handle mean, that you blow the MVC and all of teams and players in it?

This isn't the first time your posts hit below the belt and I'm tired of it.
                              Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. John Wooden

Comment

Come on people. Get a grip.

But, for what its worth, Rice rolling over Stutz's leg has nothing to do with his prior arrest.

Comment

Working...
                                X