[Pre-season] WSU vs. OSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Researching before One makes statements can be a good idea. Does Unanimous mean that all say that? I looked to the Top 144 College Madness publication (I didn’t need to look at USA Today, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, Athlon, Street and Smith, etc. ) and they picked OSU #6 in the Big 12. OSU was nowhere close to their door mat. It’s definitely not unanimous and OSU may end up a Top 50 Team yet. I’m not saying for sure but maybe.
    I think he's meaning in the Big 12 preseason poll. They got the lowest number of points possible in it. So every coach voted them last.

Comment

Clip below was posted by OSU so obviously it’s all they’re highlights.

ShockerFever is going to yell “told you so” at the :27 mark...

Comment

• Slykryck
        Slykryck commented
        Editing a comment
        Shout out to AndShock. I first missed, then completely copied his post.

Cowboy Basketball‏Verified account @OSUMBB

Thanks to @GoShockersMBB for hosting us today. Iron sharpens iron. Best of luck this season. #c2e #okstate

4:13 PM - 21 Oct 2018

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Someone on The Shocker Faithful said the score was 57-43.
        And these are full 40-minute scrimmages?

Yikes.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shocker Mama
          Shocker Mama commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a lot of defense, if so.

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        https://twitter.com/osumbb/status/10...474427393?s=21

I’m sure Fever has something to say about the :25 mark. ;)
        lol

I mean, is that predictable or what? Seriously, I don't hate SHJ or anything, but that play happens about 10 times a game against mediocre to good competition and people are excited about the kid scoring 20 in pickup games.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

By the way, how come we're getting highlight clips and pictures and more of a recap from an Oklahoma State twitter account than anything from WSU.. and it was on our home court?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Researching before One makes statements can be a good idea. Does Unanimous mean that all say that? I looked to the Top 144 College Madness publication (I didn’t need to look at USA Today, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, Athlon, Street and Smith, etc. ) and they picked OSU #6 in the Big 12. OSU was nowhere close to their door mat. It’s definitely not unanimous and OSU may end up a Top 50 Team yet. I’m not saying for sure but maybe.
            As Stickboy alluded to, I'm talking about the official Big 12 preseason poll, not some ragtag rating system put together by a couple dweebs in Massachusetts.

So yah, make sure you do some research before you do any preaching to the established people on this forum, nub.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think he's meaning in the Big 12 preseason poll. They got the lowest number of points possible in it. So every coach voted them last.
              That makes more sense. However, I’m not sure they are a bad team which “door mat” implies. I appreciate a OSU and think that their coaches respect our program. Former Shocker “Coop” is on their staff. OU, OSU, and Baylor show us respect, unlike our state universities. Boston’s comment “Iron sharpens iron” is a complement.
              Last edited by Shockm; October 21, 2018, 11:06 PM.

Comment

The season can’t start soon enough when our scrimmage thread turns into a dance critique lol. I came away glad that this is largely a brand new team already playing at a decent level. I’m thrilled.

Comment

complain.jpg
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I listen to the comments from Oklahoma State, I see photos of our coach interacting with OSU's coach in pure alpha male form, I see our players matching up physically and athletically against a team in one of the best bball conferences in the country and I have only one thing to say... It's a GREAT DAY to be a Shocker.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by shoxplode View Post
                      I’m sure Coach Marshall thought that was a pretty cool video too. Maybe I’m looking into it too far. Having fun is one thing, but to throw up that garbage on social media for everyone to see puts a bad face on themselves and the university. Ron and Fred would have never allowed that to get into the public eye.
                      You are talking about the Fred that would imitate holding two boulder size nuts ("letting 'em hang") when someone, himself included, would show some spark on the court? Whatever, man. Get a life.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Wonder if the teams and staffs went out for dinner after the game. All for cultivating the relationships with the Oklahoma schools. At least they will play WSU... the D-1 Kansas schools either won't play or like KSU will only play when they think they have a distinct advantage.
                      Last edited by N Crestway; October 22, 2018, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• Topshock
                        Topshock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Perhaps, WSU doesn't want to play a team as dirty as KU apparently is.

• N Crestway
                        N Crestway commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Is KU really that evil and dirty? Thirty seven years ago the talk nationally was about the dirty WSU basketball program, but as we knew at the time it was mostly hype generated by the Kansas City Star and a certain Wichita doctor. We'll see what sticks in the case of KU, but so far there is very little real evidence of direct KU involvement in recruiting violations..

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Are you shitting me? You've got be shitting me.

KU has one of the filthiest, most cheating scumbag in the history of sports living on the same cul du sac as Wild Bill. He cheated 35 years ago when they paid players cash. He did it then, he's doing it now BIGLY. First hand knowledge. And that has NOTHING to do with the obvious cheating they are doing now with Adidas. Ignoring it makes you look more stupid than you clearly are.

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

You are talking about the Fred that would imitate holding two boulder size nuts ("letting 'em hang") when someone, himself included, would show some spark on the court? Whatever, man. Get a life.

Comment

Glad to hear Dexter Dennis not only played but looked good in the scrimmage. Sounds like the “injury scare” is behind him.

Comment

Working...
                        X