[Pre-season] WSU vs. OSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    Can't read too much into a controlled scrimmage, but it looks like Teddy (street clothes) and Dexter (?) probably didn't play so that result somewhat surprises me.
    Dexter according to Taylor played

I also hear freshman Dexter Dennis was a beast on the defensive end with his length+athleticism. Mo Udeze had moments on the low block as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxplode View Post
      Post celebratory video was poor taste.
      BREAKING: Old Man Yells at Cloud.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Having fun is one thing, but to throw up that garbage on social media for everyone to see puts a bad face on themselves and the university.
        The University is upset and hopes that no recruits are lost by these video hyjinks.

C'mon. You talk about over reacting. If Marshall thinks his extremely young team is getting ahead of itself and that this is going to hurt them, he will deal with it during practices and it could be that no one here will hear about it. Social media has never been a big problem for the basketball Shockers and there is most likely one reason (or person) that is the reason for that. There is a fine line between a team being confident and being over confidant.

Comment

I’m sure Coach Marshall thought that was a pretty cool video too. Maybe I’m looking into it too far. Having fun is one thing, but to throw up that garbage on social media for everyone to see puts a bad face on themselves and the university. Ron and Fred would have never allowed that to get into the public eye.
          He posted it to Instagram... You have to follow him to see it. Sooooo if you don't want to see a basketball player celebrating, don't follow him on Instagram. This is the wrong hill to die on here.

This would do nothing but help recruiting. They looked like they are having a hell of a good time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He posted it to Instagram... You have to follow him to see it. Sooooo if you don't want to see a basketball player celebrating, don't follow him on Instagram. This is the wrong hill to die on here.

This would do nothing but help recruiting. They looked like they are having a hell of a good time.
              You are wrong. It was tweeted out by Taylor Eldridge who is widely followed and reposted here. It already has 2.7k views. My point is I’m looking for some leadership and maturity from Marcus to impart on this young inexperienced shocker squad. He’s stepping up into a role he has not filled before. If this was okie state spiking the football on us we would be calling them out for being thugs.

Comment

• proshox
                proshox commented
                Editing a comment
                Or they have been busting their asses for months and McDuffie knew it was ok to have a little fun.

• Stickboy46
                Stickboy46 commented
                Editing a comment
                No I'm not wrong. Markis posted this to Instagram.

As seriously, let the damn kids have fun. No one would have cared if OSU won and they celebrated in their locker room. Seriously what's wrong with you?

• SHOCKvalue
                SHOCKvalue commented
                Editing a comment
                It really is a public vid. I don’t even have an Instagram account - have legitimately never even visited the site/app - and I saw the vid being passed around Facebook.

FWIW... I’m glad they are having fun as a team. Seems to correlate with a given season’s success.

1bg7hq.jpg
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I could care less if the OSU team spiked a football in their own locker room after a game. Altough I would be wondering why their basketball team would be spiking a football I guess.

Making such a big deal out of 15 seconds, yes 15 seconds, of post-game locker room celebration that managed to find its way onto social media is a bit over the top in my opinion.

Comment

Dude, it’s a video of our players celebrating a win. Whats the difference between what Markis posted and the videos we’ve seen of Coach Marshall dancing with the team after big wins in the locker room? Besides the fact that this was a closed door scrimmage, which should make it even less of a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                    Sounds like Samaje is playing well. Haters need to get on his bandwagon.
                    SHJ has excelled in scrimmages and glorified scrimmages (i.e. SWAC opponents).
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don't have a problem with the team celebrating a win, but the fact that it was a scrimmage against the Big 12 doormat makes it look somewhat bad. We're Wichita State, not some fledging midmajor newbie.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shocker1388
                        Shocker1388 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Let the kids have fun! This gives them a chip on their shoulder! Plus who gives a flying rats ass if OSU is last in the “preseason poll” for the big12?! I thought rankings didn’t matter?

• Dan
                        Dan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Kids have to practice playing a real team, they should also get to practice celebrating their victories.

The term “thug” gets thrown around way too much. A player shows emotion or passion and they get called a thug. You want to refer to Rondo, Ingram and CP3 as thugs after that squabble last night, fine. But calling kids celebrating in a locker room thugs is out of hand.

Comment

Omfg!! Can these kids have fun?!? Damn everything has to be negative! Quit worrying about the video and be f*cking happy that these boys are hungry!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          I don't have a problem with the team celebrating a win, but the fact that it was a scrimmage against the Big 12 doormat makes it look somewhat bad. We're Wichita State, not some fledging midmajor newbie.
                          Minimizing the fact that this team hasn’t accomplished anything yet is probably right. We are still 0-0. However, your doormat comment may be a stupid one when One looks back later. OSU may well be a Top 50 Team. The Big 12 (or 10 whichever is right) appears to be a really strong league this year. They aren’t going to be USF in the AAC.

Comment

This isn’t Ron and Fred’s team. New team, new identity.

Comment

Working...
                            X