[Pre-season] WSU vs. OSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pre-season] WSU vs. OSU

Sunday WSU will be scrimmaging OSU. Should be a good chance to see where WSU is starting to stack up.

One thing to keep in mind though. OSU was a unanimous dead last in the big 12 in the pre-season poll.

Comment

Coach Marshall getting in character in preparation for the OSU scrimmage:

Comment

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• mattdalt
            mattdalt commented
            Editing a comment
            Curious how Kunkel still has such insight? Got to admit, he usually had inside info.

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, he had 30 minutes to read Taylor's post before posting his own.

Can't read too much into a controlled scrimmage, but it looks like Teddy (street clothes) and Dexter (?) probably didn't play so that result somewhat surprises me.

Comment

• ROOT ANGRY!
            ROOT ANGRY! commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd rather see them build confidence at this stage

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            Dexter played.

• bunck
            bunck commented
            Editing a comment
            "I also hear freshman Dexter Dennis was a beast on the defensive end with his length+athleticism." from Taylor Eldridge's twitter.

FWIW Oklahoma State is ranked ahead of us in KenPom’s and College Sports Madness’ preseason ratings.

This result is definitely reassuring, although it might’ve been better for all the freshman to get pasted.

Comment

Post celebratory video was poor taste.

Comment

• Stickboy46
              Stickboy46 commented
              Editing a comment
              Kids celebrating in the locker room is perfectly acceptable.

• B&Gpassion
              B&Gpassion commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree. Locker room fun is fine, even good. Posting video to social media after a scrimmage “win” is over the top and ungracious to say the least. Save it for a win that means something.

Taylor saying Markis and Semajae both had good games. Also said Dexter and Mo Udeze had some good moments.

Comment

Taylor said Dexter was a beast on the defensive side in a Tweet. Nice...thought he was in a boot.
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                1979Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                The boot was probably precautionary.

Why didn’t teddy play? Can’t red shirts and such play in the exhibition games?

Comment

• Stickboy46
                Stickboy46 commented
                Editing a comment
                Since as of right now he isn't eligible, I'm sure that Marshall wanted to use this time to mess with eligible line ups. That's the important part of this scrimmage.

Sounds like Samaje is playing well. Haters need to get on his bandwagon.

Comment

• Steeleshocker
                Steeleshocker commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll get on the bandwagon as soon as he performs well against Providence.

• choida
                choida commented
                Editing a comment
                Im ok just following the bandwagon from a safe distance... That is all

• TheShocktocles
                TheShocktocles commented
                Editing a comment
                Come on Man! Simply because fans point out the deficiencies in Jone''s game doesn't make them Haters. I am big fan of our local players. However, Jones didn't get the job done last year. He turned the ball over constantly, he didn't run the offense, he failed to guard his man, and he took the ball to the rim and got it blocked numerous times. It was embarrassing.

I am glad he is playing better this year. I hope it continues. We're going to need him this year. But instead of asking fans to jump on his bandwagon, maybe we should wait to see if Jones can consistently play well against good teams. Let's wait and watch if he earns the praise you think he deserves.

Hopfeully these tidbits are a sign the progress is being made. Only 9 days until the Exhibition game and 16 days until the season opener.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxplode View Post
                Post celebratory video was poor taste.
                They just having some young fun blowing off some built-up excited energy. Good for them! Now back to work to get even better!!!

GO SHOCKS!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I’m sure Coach Marshall thought that was a pretty cool video too. Maybe I’m looking into it too far. Having fun is one thing, but to throw up that garbage on social media for everyone to see puts a bad face on themselves and the university. Ron and Fred would have never allowed that to get into the public eye.

Comment

Working...
                  X