Pep Rally Event 10/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pep Rally Event 10/29

Details are still being finalized, but a pep rally for both the men's and women's basketball teams is planned for 10/29 at 6 or 630PM. Both teams will be there along with Wu and the Spirit Squad. The new Shocker Sound Machine marching band may also make their public debut. The event will feature food trucks, the new Shocker Store, DJ and heaters to keep everyone warm. This will take place in the new Braeburn Square area near 21st/Oliver. I will post more details as they become available.

Both men’s and women’s basketball teams will be there along with Wu and the Spirit Squad. We would like to have the Shocker Sound Machine as well. And we are working on having a bonfire on the east side of the lake.

You’re invited to a Shocker Pep Rally on Monday, Oct. 29

Kick off college basketball season with a pep rally and bonfire at Braeburn Square! This family-friendly, all ages, free event is set for 6:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 29.

Special appearances by the Go Shockers men's and women's basketball teams, Wichita State Cheerleading, Wichita State Dance, Wichita State Shocker Sound, Coaches Gregg Marshall and Keitha Adams, WuShock and Don Hall!

Food trucks will be on hand for dinner and include LumpiaPalooza, LoLo's Crêpes, The Brown Box Bakery and Drink Local Truck!

Keep an eye on this page for more event information! #GoShocks #LetsGetFiredUp

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
      ShockdaWorld commented
      Editing a comment
      How long is this expected to last? I only ask because I work until 7 and would have to come by on my way home after.

I don't know for sure, but I think it would last a couple hours at least.

Comment

Don'r forget, for those in town:

Wichita State University invites the community for a pep rally tonight from 6:30-8 p.m. at WSU's Braeburn Square. 

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) - Wichita State University invites the community for a pep rally tonight from 6:30-8 p.m. at WSU's Braeburn Square.

The pep rally will celebrate the upcoming season for the Shocker men's and women's basketball teams. The evening's events include:
      • Appearances by the men's and women's basketball teams, as well as coaches Gregg Marshall and Keitha Adams
      • Performances by the Shocker Spirit Squad and Shocker Sound pep band
      • A bonfire
      • Food trucks
      The event is free, and will be held along the side of the lake located behind Braeburn Square off of 21st Street at the public recreational area.

Comment

Any reports from those that were able to attend?

Comment

I wasn't there, but this tweet would indicate it was on fire.

Comment

Coach Ewa of the Women's team can usually be counted on for a relevant tweet:

Comment

Awesome!!!
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• molly jabali
                molly jabali commented
                Editing a comment
                My son went...said it was great!!!!

Very cool. Digging the innovative campus area.

Comment

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                Went to the new Shocker Store a couple weeks ago... the Innovative Campus is big-time!

Another brief video from the Pep Rally

Comment

Working...
              X