Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assuming 9 player rotation for WSU - who do you see that will be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assuming 9 player rotation for WSU - who do you see that will be?

PG Ricky Torres
    94.94%
    PG Samajae Haynes-Jones
    89.87%
    G Dexter Dennis
    97.47%
    G Jamarius Burton
    60.76%
    F Rod Brown
    81.01%
    F Markis McDuffie
    98.73%
    G Eli Farrakhan
    1.27%
    F/C Morris Udeze
    77.22%
    G Jacob Herrs
    2.53%
    G Brycen Bush
    1.27%
    F/C Jaime Echenique
    70.89%
    F Chance Moore
    75.95%
    F Teddy Allen
    31.65%
    G Tate Busse
    1.27%
    C Asbjorn Midtgaard
    69.62%
    F/C Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler
    25.32%
    G Erik Stevenson
    32.91%

The poll is expired.

You’re missing Erik Stevenson
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Slykryck
      Slykryck commented
      Editing a comment
      Won’t be in the rotation.

• wufan
      wufan commented
      Editing a comment
      While that might be true, all the walk-one were listed, so it wasn’t intentional. He’s on the team, he should be in the poll.

• SB Shock
      SB Shock commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Fixed

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    You’re missing Erik Stevenson
    It's definitely possible he might not be in the rotation... Hope I'm wrong... Kid is sunshine in a pocket

Comment

Yeh, what happened to Erik Stevenson as of late? I don't see his name come up like b4. How did he do at the scrimmage?

Comment

Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
        Yeh, what happened to Erik Stevenson as of late? I don't see his name come up like b4. How did he do at the scrimmage?
        Bear in mind that a 20-minute scrimmage is an incredibly small sample size and we don't know what the players did earlier in the day that may have affected their performance at a pep rally,

Here's how I would rank the wings based solely on the scrimmage
        1. Chance Moore
        2. Dexter Dennis
        3. Jamarius Burton
        4. Rod Brown
        5. Erik Stevenson

Also keep in mind that Rauno Nurger and David Kyles looked like world beaters at Shocker Madness. Evan Wessel did not.

The other wings appear to run faster and jump higher than Stevenson. There's also the attitude scale where 0 is "total goofball" and 10 is "run through brick walls nose first". Stevenson is a 10.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

How in the heck could anyone remotely know this yet? Could literally be inverted if they scrimmaged again... not even against competition yet....

Comment

• DUShock
            DUShock commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree, but it's a long off-season, questions like this are often kicked around.

Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
          How in the heck could anyone remotely know this yet? Could literally be inverted if they scrimmaged again... not even against competition yet....
          It’s the off-season. We’re bored. Nothing to do but speculate.

Comment

It’s so early. The 20 minute scrimmage didn’t show very many impressive things and the positives or negatives may or may not be fools gold. Stevenson has had a reputation for being a good shooter. I only remember him taking a couple of missed shots. This, as has been said is hardly a healthy sample size and requires viewing practices to make a competent evaluation. But all should feel free to speculate all they want. I will wait until I see more.

Comment

Overall the Shocks didn't exactly light it up from the 3 point line. Combined the two squads were 5-21 (23.8%). Only Chance (3-5) and Samajae (2-6) could find the bottom of the net from behind the arc. Hopefully, the Shocks overall will prove to be a far better 3-point shooting team than they showed in the scrimmage, At this point I don't think you rule out Erik as a possible solution to that need even though he was 0-4 from distance in an early season intra-squad scrimmage. If this team ends up being a 25% 3-point shooting team it will be a long year.

Thank goodness these early season intra-squad scrimmages have never been very good predictors of what kind a season any individual player or the team as a whole will have.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 7, 2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I seem to remember how Eric Hamilton would dominate at these scrimmages

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  I seem to remember how Eric Hamilton would dominate at these scrimmages
                  IIRC Wendell Preadom had by far and away his best ever performance as Shocker in one of these games as well.

Comment

Similar to how preseason record in the NFL is... Doesn't really forecast much... So I see your guy's point

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                        Similar to how preseason record in the NFL is... Doesn't really forecast much... So I see your guy's point
                        When I watched the Chiefs in the pre-season games, I was willing to speculate that Chiefs fans would have written the season off by late September or early October.

For all we know some players may have decided to sneak in some extra reps in the weight room or do some cardio work between lunch and the scrimmage. In that case the hardest-working guys may have had the least impressive scrimmage.

We're just making speculation off of what we saw in one practice under unknown conditions that may have been unequal for different players.

I question whether Stevenson is a deadly shooter, as some here contend. That's not because he was 0/4 in a scrimmage. It's because he was a 35% 3pt shooter in high school.
                        Last edited by Aargh; October 8, 2018, 10:28 AM.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• asiseeit
                          asiseeit commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Who on this team will shoot better than 35% from the arc ? With no post up guys
                          3 point shooting will be important. I've heard Dennis is a sharp shooter. Both Moore
                          and ES look to have solid looking form / shots. I think these three are our best
                          perimeter shooters. We will see. Also, of these three who can be a complimentary
                          ball handler to help break presses? Defense ? All remains to be seen.

• Windiwu
                          Windiwu commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think it was rumored in years past that GGG had them put in most of a full practice /before/ the scrimmage.

Our top 3 point shooters last year based on % made and at least 30 attemtps were as follows:

Shamet (84-190) 44.2%
                        Haynes-Jones (14-32) 43.8%
                        Reaves (54-127) 42.5%
                        Morris (18-46) 39.1%
                        Willis (18-47) 38.3%
                        Frankamp (56-154) 36.4%
                        McDuffie (20-59) 33.9%
                        Zach Brown (25-78) 32.1%

Shamet, Reaves and Frankamp were the volume shooters. Unlikely that we have a replacement for Landry at his size. Hopefully, Samajae can maintain his proficiency with a larger sample size and hopefully he has his other issues resolved to the point that he will play enough to have a larger sample size. Chance looks like he has the potential to replace Austin's 3-point production but will we have enough other 3-point threats to take the pressure of of him. Ricky is kind of a wild card here. He was a very solid 43.3% 3-point shooter at West Plains last year. Hopefully, Dexter and/or Jamarius will prove to be an upgrade over Zach Brown. Remains to be seen where or if Erik will fit in. One thing I think Erik will do is work his butt off to get better.

What does seem pretty clear is that we will not be replacing the 3 point shooting from the bigs that Shaq and Darral gave us last year. In fact, we probably won't see a 3 from Jaime, Asbjorn or Morris this year nor does that appear to be part of Teddy's game (3-25 last year) should he be able to play. Poor Bear may have that ability but that remains to be seen.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The only stats I have been able to find on Poor Bear is that he was 4-9 from 3 in his senior year at Omaha Central. Certainly an acceptable % made but too small of a sample size to read too much in it. Not sure what he did at Sunrise last year.
                      Working...
                      X