Texas A&M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas A&M

Not much of a secret but Texas A&M notifies the big 12 it will withdraw.

this stuff fasinates me.

Comment

Had we really not mentioned this before today on here? They notified them sometime last week. There was even an article in the Eagle about it. I want to say early last week. Definitely not a surprise and the SEC will extend an offer as soon as they figure out who on the east coast to bring in.

What the B12 does is what will be interesting. They can't stay at 9. I read somewhere that they have to have at least 10 teams to not void a TV contract or something. Rumors of SMU or Houston have been going around. Who knows...Maybe both will be added and they'll look for a 3rd member to get them back to 12. Missouri State?.....
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

What's the second best program in Louisiana? Or in Arkansas?

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Had we really not mentioned this before today on here? They notified them sometime last week. There was even an article in the Eagle about it.
          Not exactly, the news last week was that they notifed of their possible departure and that they were looking. Then sources close to the Big 12 said that A&M was likely leaving and an announcement would be made soon.

Comment

Had we really not mentioned this before today on here? They notified them sometime last week. There was even an article in the Eagle about it. I want to say early last week. Definitely not a surprise and the SEC will extend an offer as soon as they figure out who on the east coast to bring in.

What the B12 does is what will be interesting. They can't stay at 9. I read somewhere that they have to have at least 10 teams to not void a TV contract or something. Rumors of SMU or Houston have been going around. Who knows...Maybe both will be added and they'll look for a 3rd member to get them back to 12. Missouri State?.....
            And we have NO FREAKING FOOTBALL. ARRGA ARGARG AGRARGAG ARG

:cry:
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

A&M denies withdrawal letter sent

Texas A&M's R. Bowen Loftin had a phone conversation with Missouri chancellor and Big 12 board chairman Brady Deaton on Monday night about his university's desire to withdraw from the conference, a Big 12 source confirmed to ESPN's Joe Schad on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu

Even if WSU had football they wouldn't be invited to play in the Big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock

Perhaps, but our chances improve 1 billion-fold to what they are now. In the right situation, it would have at least appeared plausible.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

Perhaps, but our chances improve 1 billion-fold to what they are now. In the right situation, it would have at least appeared plausible.
                    It seems to me that all the conference moves are meant to capture bigger and bigger TV contracts. I'm not sure in the big scheme of thing that anybody cares about the Wichita Metro TV market. How many K-State/KU games are televised here each year?

My more plausible scenario that I think would be more likely would be WSU joining as a non-football member.

Comment

Stop!

Hey, Kung -- do you think Gonzaga cares about not having a chance to move up to a power conference because they don't have football? Or Butler, which does play, in a manner of speaking -- in a non-scholarship FCS league?

Until someone gets Charles Koch on board to endow a program, let's deal in reality here.

Comment

Not even Charles Koch can afford to bring FB back to WSU - if you include what it would take for local fans to support the program.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

That's just silly. You have no idea what possibilities and opportunity costs have been given up by not having the program in tact. On the other hand it could also have put the athletic department in a really bad position financially as well.

Nobody can know either way, and to assert your opinion as a fact is just silly-sauce.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung

That's just silly. You have no idea what possibilities and opportunity costs have been given up by not having the program in tact. On the other hand it could also have put the athletic department in a really bad position financially as well.

Nobody can know either way, and to assert your opinion as a fact is just silly-sauce.
                            What I have is perspective. I was at wsu when they had football and saw first hand what it did and what it didn't do. I went to all the games as part of ROTC cannon crew. When it ceased to exist as a student I did other things.

Wsu doesn't have football because it was bankrupting the athletic
                            department and the community did not support it.

Comment

Football is MUCH bigger now.

We'll never be part of a better conference without it.

We're doomed to stay in a conference at the level of the Valley at best.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X