Uh-oh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melcong4
    QUITE A FEW TICKETS FOR THE LSU GAME. I AM SURPRISED.
    I'm not. Have you watched us play lately?

Add that to the fact that, like most teams, we have a high number of bandwagoners and fair-weather folk among us..
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

RDR,
      Based on the content of comments, the answer is yes. 8)
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

Add that to the fact that, like most teams, we have a high number of bandwagoners and fair-weather folk among us..
        LSU is the highest profile team we've had play a regular season game in Wichita since when?

No excuses. This fan base has complained a lot in recent years about not getting high profile opponents here. Now's the time to put up or shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

LSU is the highest profile team we've had play a regular season game in Wichita since when?

No excuses. This fan base has complained a lot in recent years about not getting high profile opponents here. Now's the time to put up or shut up.
          I said basically the same thing in another thread... we need to forget about the last 2 games, show up in force and support our team. We have all bitched and moaned about our home schedule the past several years... we have a high level BCS (SEC) team coming to our arena. What more could you ask for? Of course it would be great if both teams were 9-0 and ranked in the top 10. Lets appreciate what we have and
          "blow the roof" off of Koch Arena tomorrow night. Here's our chance to show coach Marshall and LSU why we have one of the best venues in the country.

"Past Performance is Not Necessarily Indicative of Future Results."

:good:
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Providence two years ago?

I totally agree, but I'm just saying no matter the opponent, some people don't care if we've been sucking. And no it's not a valid excuse, but it will be the reason if there's empty seats floating around Wednesday night and/or it's not a sellout.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Providence two years ago?

maybe 10 years ago

but not so much since the turn of the century

Comment

Providence was nice, but we have a team two years removed from a Final Four coming in.

You could perhaps argue Oklahoma St. the year we played at the Coliseum.

Comment

Providence was nice, but we have a team two years removed from a Final Four coming in.

You could perhaps argue Oklahoma St. the year we played at the Coliseum.
                  I'm definitely not arguing that it's not a big/nice game. I'll be there no doubt. But the way we've played does bode as a factor.

Yes, LSU is only two years removed from a Final Four, but my how they aren't even close to the same team. They were beyond horrible last year and may be similar, maybe.. maybee a little better this year.

I said Providence because it was the first Big East team in a very long time, if not ever, to come to Wichita and they were just two years removed from a nice little run in the NCAA's themselves. I can't remember how good that OSU team was back in the coliseum.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                  X