Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alumni Association event suggestions

Hello Shockernet Members,

I am reaching out from the WSU Alumni Association to get ideas directly from some of the most devoted, hardcore Shocker fans on the planet. We would love to get your thoughts on what events and activities you would like to see us add or continue to provide to basketball fans. The past few years have been a very exciting time for Shocker fans and we would like to build on the momentum and take the fan experience to the next level. We are currently in the planning stages for the upcoming season and are looking to freshen up our offerings of watch parties, pep rallies and group travel to out of town games. Please share some of your ideas, dreams or suggestions and we will see if we can make it happen.

Tailgate party between Koch& football field. Music, beer, food. Block party atmosphere, 2 hours before a big middle of the afternoon game. Hopefully with good weather, but who knows during basketball season.

Comment

i could go for that shockerlager.

Comment

Dang! Now that would be something I'd love to attend! Your description reminds me of opening night of Trailblazer basketball season: pop a shot games, free sticker give a ways, cheerleaders, etc. Hmm; maybe I fly back... hopefully you invite all alumni, even us out of towners.

Comment

Great idea shockerlager! If they plan it right, get those big tents with the roll down walls to block frigid wind if need be. Could all then walk to arena as one behind the new drum line.

Comment

Announce the out of town locations of alumni events for road games on this board. My wife and I try and make 3 road games a year. I think it was last year we just happened on one and loved it.

Comment

Not sure the space between Koch and Cessna Stadium is the best location. What about Braeburn Square

Comment

• WuShock16
                WuShock16 commented
                Editing a comment
                Braeburn Square isn’t exactly convenient either since that is a pretty far walk on a good day. A frosty cold day makes that walk ridiculously miserable. People won’t want to park their car twice.

• 1972Shocker
                1972Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Good point. Shuttle buses maybe? Wuber?

Field south of Koch or beyond outfield of softball field similar to the baseball event every year

Comment

Open up the underside of the stadium bleachers. Have different attractions on the different levels of ramps, with beer tubs on each level. Expand on to the track and football field if needed.

Comment

Recreate Shocker Mountain ski area.

Comment

Working...
                  X