2018-2019 Men’s Basketball Season Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-2019 Men’s Basketball Season Tickets

Just got a call about upgrading my seats and managed to move 3 more sections closer to mid court at basically the same row. (113 over to 110).

I don’t know if that is a good or bad sign about season tickets sales.

Apathy rearing its ugly head.

The Shocker athletic department needs to release more puff pieces on the glamour players we've signed to keep season ticket demand high. I doubt few Wichitans know what I know (and have shared on here) about Dexter Dennis.

Suellentrop?

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      Apathy rearing its ugly head.

The Shocker athletic department needs to release more puff pieces on the glamour players we've signed to keep season ticket demand high. I doubt few Wichitans know what I know (and have shared on here) about Dexter Dennis.

Suellentrop?

T

I think the combo of a perceived "down year" combined with the tax law change when it comes to donations will scare a few away.

Comment

Interesting. By the time they got to me there were not any upgrade options. We’re in 106 row 32.

Comment

• Stickboy46
          Stickboy46 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well 106 to what I got wouldn't be an Upgrade, it would be lateral. I did have to specifically ask for them to look more towards the middle. I think by default they just look at rows closer in similar sections

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think the combo of a perceived "down year" combined with the tax law change when it comes to donations will scare a few away.
        True. If a guy was donating to SASO with pretax money and now is unable to deduct the "donation", he could be looking at a 60% increase in his overall outlay. That could sting a few. Quite a while back it was $24k for a pair of court-side seats. I would assume they are at least 30 now.

T

Comment

FWIW, my upgrade was only a few rows closer to the court and on the aisle (two seats over). It was a nice upgrade, but not one reflective of a lot of folks giving up their season tickets.

Comment

True. If a guy was donating to SASO with pretax money and now is unable to deduct the "donation", he could be looking at a 60% increase in his overall outlay. That could sting a few. Quite a while back it was $24k for a pair of court-side seats. I would assume they are at least 30 now.

T

Geez, I wish I was in a 60% tax bracket...didn't even realize thare was such a thing
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Geez, I wish I was in a 60% tax bracket...didn't even realize thare was such a thing
              100k - 40% = 60k

60k * 1.666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 = 100k

The price increase felt is actually 67%. I used rough figures initially for ease of understanding. I guess it didn't work...

Aren't numbers magical?

This is why risk management in a portfolio is the most important endeavor. You say you're only down 50%, but now it's going to take a 100% future return to revisit break even.

T

Comment

100k - 40% = 60k

60k * 1.666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666 = 100k

The price increase felt is actually 67%. I used rough figures initially for ease of understanding. I guess it didn't work...

Aren't numbers magical?

This is why risk management in a portfolio is the most important endeavor. You say you're only down 50%, but now it's going to take a 100% future return to revisit break even.

T

Not everybody is in the 40% bracket (Fed + state). Agree there is an increase of varying degrees. Glad you are one of the rich ones, though! You can then afford the increase in cost.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I get to keep more of my money with the tax changes. Nevertheless, knowing that when I stroke a check there is nothing coming back has made me think a little harder.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Do they even have any court side seating since the remodel other than the couch in the corner? And if we are talking about 1st row seating at center court those are some of the worst seats in the house IMHO.

But back to the point of lost tax savings. That will take a bite out of just about everyone's budget to some degree or other. In fact the guy who is paying $1,000 bucks in SASO dues who is in a 25% bracket may very well feel that $250 hit much more than a guy who is taking a $12,000 hit. I am pretty sure I contributed a much larger % of my net worth to the Roundhouse Renaissance than Chalres Koch did. Still, whatever the hit is it will no dobut catch most season ticket holders' attention. And it might be just be enough to price a few out of the market. Maybe some of the corporate ticket holders might cut back a bit and just get back to 4 tickets instead of 8 tickets half of which often aren't used and cut back on their SASO oulays accordingly.

So far, a least anecdotally, it doesn't seem to be having too much of an impact. Very likely that the waiting list was substantial enough to morew than absorb any adjustments an individual or company might decide to make as a result of the tax hit.

Comment

• WuShock16
                    WuShock16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The "courtside seats" might be those fans who sit at press table across from the team benches.

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When the $24k number was quoted, a pair of the fixed front-row chairbacks were pointed at. This was maybe 8 years ago.

Around the Final Four period a handful of seats were sold for "premium pricing" raising over a half million dollars. I have no doubt that somebody at Koch Arena paid $100k for a pair of season tickets that year.

T

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Do they even have any court side seating since the remodel other than the couch in the corner? And if we are talking about 1st row seating at center court those are some of the worst seats in the house IMHO.
                  WuShock16’s “courtside seats” comment is correct. About 12-14 seats on the floor across from the visitors bench.

Klee says, “what you talkin’ ‘bout, Willis?”

watchousklee*1024xx1519-856-0-52.jpg

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

300 non renewals and only 150 on the waiting list

Comment

How does the donation portion go? Considering calling for season tickets

Comment

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Call the SASO office and they can tell you. I think around 500 is the minimum donation for 2 tickets

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...216528635.html

300 non renewals and only 150 on the waiting list
                      A little surprised that the article said nothing about "tax changes" being a possible reason and just laying it all on having a very young and inexperienced team. This isn't the last possible shoe to drop either. I'm sure many season ticket holders paid their SASO at the end of 2017 to still get the deduction like I did.

Comment

Working...
                      X