2018-19 Top 144 Previews Men's Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Loyola's brand name along with a big sweet 16 rematch on Nov 27th with Nevada (potential Top 10 team) is going to get major national attention. So much so it's being televised on ..... ESPNews ....

https://www.nevadaappeal.com/sports/...-be-televised/
    ESPNews is a solid get for a couple of mid major darlings battling it out on the national stage. Should get a lot of eyeballs.

Wait til the nation gets ahold of that big time venue Loyola plays in.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      The surprising part to me is the fact that even WITH Nevada being in that game, it still didn't' get a prime network.

Missouri Valley its so yesterday!
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
      Missouri Valley its so yesterday!
      "A long time ago in a conference far, far away....",

Comment

I saw the Athlon preview today. They had WSU #5 in the AAC. UCF, Cincinnatti, Houston, and Temple being 1 - 4.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not sure which is "over" and which is "under" in the case of standings, but if I could bet on that, I'd bet whichever side calls for a higher finish than Athlon anticipates.

I'm thinking a top three finish in the AAC

Comment

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          Where have you been?

Would not be surprised at all coming in Third in the Conference Tournament due to the extra game experience gained during the Conference season play

Comment

Providence Friars - 2018-2019 Overall Rank: #62 (Conference Rank: #6 Big East)

college sports madness,Men's Basketball,Big East,Providence,Joel Welser

Projection:
          Alpha Diallo and Kalif Young are the only returning starters from last season. Diallo is a big 6-7 guard who averaged 13.2 points and a team high 6.6 rebounds during his sophomore season. Diallo should emerge as the team’s top scorer and most productive player. Isaiah Jackson, Maliek White and Makai Ashton-Langford are all back after coming in off the bench last season. But the backcourt also adds David Duke and A.J. Reeves, a couple of very talented incoming freshmen who should make an immediate impact. Nate Watson and Emmitt Holt will join Young in the frontcourt. Watson had a decent freshman campaign and at 6-10 and 260 pounds, will provide a nice big body in the paint. The return of Holt will provide a nice boost to the frontcourt. Two years ago Holt averaged 12.5 points and 5.4 rebounds before missing last season with an injury. He will be the big man who can stretch the defense and open up space for the talented guards to attack the basket. If this group can stay healthy, the Friars should be right in the mix for an NCAA Tournament, but they will need the freshmen guards to live up to their potential too.

Projected Postseason Tournament: NIT

Comment

Baylor Bears - 2018-2019 Overall Rank: #58 (Conference Rank: #8 Big 12)

Projection:
            King McClure is the top returning scorer after averaging 8.1 points per game as a junior. The Bears will hope McClure takes a step forward as a senior and becomes a reliable go-to scorer. Tristan Clark could see a breakout season after averaging 6.8 points and 4.5 rebounds in just 19.9 minutes per game as a freshman. Clark started 30 games last year and will see his playing time extended this season. Mark Vital is also in line for a spike in production after averaging 6.7 points, 5.6 rebounds and 2.2 assists as a redshirt freshman. Jake Lindsey should be a steady hand at point guard in his senior season in 2018-19. However, those are the only four returning players for Baylor. The Bears will rely on five transfers and four freshmen to take on important roles in their first year playing for the program. Makai Mason and Mario Kegler should make the biggest impact among the transfers this season. Mason is a graduate transfer from Yale who averaged 16.0 points in 2015-16 and was the best player on the floor when Yale beat Baylor in the 2016 NCAA Tournament. However, injuries have kept Mason sidelined for the past two seasons, so it’s unknown just how productive he will be for the Bears this year. Kegler transferred after just one season at Mississippi State where he started 31 games and averaged 9.7 points and 5.5 rebounds. Kegler is a former four-star, top-60 recruit who Baylor hopes finds his full potential with the Bears. Baylor also has two four-star, top-100 freshmen joining the roster in Jared Butler and Matthew Mayer. Scott Drew has a lot of moving pieces to put together this season, but lack of talent won’t be the reason if the Bears struggle this season. Baylor’s range from best-case to worst-case scenarios is likely one of the widest ranges in the nation.

Comment

Jon Elmore is returning? No please.

Comment

• pinstripers
                pinstripers commented
                Editing a comment
                the Roadrunner?

#57 DAVIDSON MEN'S BASKETBALL 2018-2019 PREVIEW (Conference Rank: #2 Atlantic 10)

Projection:
              Without Aldridge, the focus of this team will shift to the backcourt. Kellan Grady is a big 6-5 wing who can handle the ball and score from anywhere on the floor. After a stellar freshman campaign, the Wildcats hope Grady can improve on his 18.0 points per game. Jon Axel Gudmundsson will run the point after averaging 13.2 points and 5.1 assists. He is also very dangerous on the glass and averaged 6.0 rebounds, ranking second on the team behind only Aldridge. KiShawn Pritchett is the other returning starter. Like the rest of the backcourt, he is a big guard and he could improve on his scoring if Davidson needs him to. A few freshmen will add options to the backcourt. Mike Jones and Luke Frampton, if he can get and stay healthy, should see major minutes. In fact, since those two are also big, Davidson could start one of them and play four big guards around senior forward Nathan Ekwu. Ekwu missed last season with an injury and was very limited in 2016-2017 because of those injuries. But back in 2015-2016, Ekwu started 24 contests and averaged 5.7 points, 5.9 rebounds and 1.2 blocks. If he can get back to his pre-injury form, Davidson has more than enough weapons to compete for a conference title and a spot in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

Anybody care to take a guess were they will grade us??? I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess 49. Watch tomorrow they will have us at 56. That's why I'm not a fan of Vegas. I quite frankly suck at betting. Lol
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I see the Redturds are continuing their tradition of being No.2.
                  Doubt they will even be #2 now ...

Who am i kidding .. he wont miss a minute of game time

Comment

They have three sections in the Redturd locker room - convicted, accused, and future.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Doubt they will even be #2 now ...

Who am i kidding .. he wont miss a minute of game time
                      You're probably correct... he's playing at Last Chance U II
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Where there's smoke, there's typically a Redbird.

Comment

Working...
                        X