2018-19 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

The one that complained the most in 2007 about other non power conference teams and the Valley getting 4 teams in in the tournament was that pu$$y Billy Packer. What a piece of sht. All he did was suck up to the ACC and other so-called power conference teams. Good riddance. Now if we could just get some of these same clowns off the selection committee the tournament would be better.
    **** Billy Packer

Comment

• Aargh
      Aargh commented
      Editing a comment
      That wasn't such a bad move for Packer. When people listen to commentary, they tend to listen to commentary they want to hear. There were and are a hell of a lot more ACC basketball fans listening to analysts than MVC fans listening to analysts. Tell your audience what they want to hear. That's the American way and it pays the bills.

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    How else can a TCU team who has lost to OSU and WV and 9 other games while garnering 7 wins still have an RPI in the 40s?
    Simply because it's "okay" for the P5 to rig the system but NOT okay for the smaller conferences to do so.

Target changes every year. Our AAC brethen as ourselves need a couple schools in our conference to get those early season games against as many highly rated P-5 schools as possible to spill down those schedule ratings to the rest of the league. Problem is....I doubt the "Powers That Be" would allow Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, etc. to schedule against the AAC.

If they did...the AAC would greatly benefit and steal bids from the P-5 by virtue of our 4th, 5th and 6th place teams ranked in the 40's by years end. That scenario in the modern college basketball TV era is strickly forbidden.

FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

The one that complained the most in 2007 about other non power conference teams and the Valley getting 4 teams in in the tournament was that pu$$y Billy Packer. What a piece of sht. All he did was suck up to the ACC and other so-called power conference teams. Good riddance. Now if we could just get some of these same clowns off the selection committee the tournament would be better.
      Jim Nance was just as vocal. I hate him as well

Comment

• I wonder if the aac commissioner could hold a scheduling class 101 and lay out a comprehensive plan for the conference

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          I wonder if the aac commissioner could hold a scheduling class 101 and lay out a comprehensive plan for the conference
          Didn't Mark Adams publish something last season and also get paid for consulting with several conferences?
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
            Xavier 63 - Creighton 61
            Final
            Love it. Enjoy another postseason disappointment BJ's.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
              UCONN_Husky commented
              Editing a comment
              Marquette also currently destroying St Johns. Lovely.

• I hate KU the most, followed by Illinois St and the Blewjays (tie), then prolly UNC or Syracuse

Comment

• Texas Tech? Big 12 top team? Laying this egg on basement team.

Comment

• It was 2006 that the MVC got four teams in, not 2007. And the 2nd place team, Missouri State with an RPI of 21, didn't make it in.

Comment

• Shock Top
                Shock Top commented
                Editing a comment
                That’s was a damn shame. Committee would welcome hell on earth before allowing 5 teams from a mid major conference into the dance.

Crazy to think how far this conference has fallen since than. About how much Union Station near the (former) ScottTrade Center has fallen in that same time.

• Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
              Texas Tech? Big 12 top team? Laying this egg on basement team.
              Big 12 = trash

Period.

Bracket is already laying down for KU.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• shockerfanmas
                shockerfanmas commented
                Editing a comment
                But still not the worst power conference in NCAA basketball this season. That honor would go to the Pac 12, who might not even get their conference champion in if Washington doesn't also win the Pac 12 tourney. Now THAT would be embarrassing, and has happened before.

Actually, it was the 2006 NCAA tourney, and it wasn't just Billy a-hole Packer that was complaining. Jim Nance said there "is something wrong" with the selection process, and I think the worst one was Digger Phelps. That piece of sh**, was the color man for the MVC tournament final and said there was no way that the Valley deserved 4 teams in the tourney.. When asked why by the play by play announcer Digger said "well look at this game, neither team as scored for 3 or 4 minutes." Later, in the final Florida beat UCLA, with little problem, and UCLA went about 6 minutes without scoring. I sent several emails to Digger asking if UCLA should have been in the tourney, (Hey Digger did you see how UCLA didn't score for 5 or 6 minutes? They should never have been in the tournament, right?) For some strange reason, I never got a reply..... :(
              Last edited by Fairgame; March 14, 2019, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Jim Nance was just as vocal. I hate him as well
                Yes but Nance apologized and said he was wrong. I think he did this the next day. Packer never did. CBS booted hiim off. Billy Packer is a disgusting little man that thinks the ACC and power conference teams should get preferential treatment. Just like the clown that said tonight he couldn't believe that Indiana didn't make the field. WTF look at their record idiot.

Comment

• Apparently Bradley doesn't realize third party writers aren't there solely to provide a positive message
                  Last edited by Stickboy46; March 16, 2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• ShockerPhi
                    ShockerPhi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will now be happily rooting against Bradley in the tournament.

• Not sure where this belongs, but Jon Rothstein just tweeted that Tulane has parted ways with Mike Dunleavy.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    Not sure where this belongs, but Jon Rothstein just tweeted that Tulane has parted ways with Mike Dunleavy.
                    This is amazing news

Comment

Working...
                    X