2018-19 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    There is NO way in hell TCU should be even close to the bubble. That would be the worst inclusion in a long, long time. They don't even look like a solid NIT team. Complete garbage.
    Agreed, if TCU is an NCAA team then the Shockers are an NIT team. TCU shouldn't get in.

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry, what?

• 03/05/19 - RECAP

Non-Conference
    VCU (24-6, 15-2 Atlantic 10) Won at George Mason (16-14, 10-7 Atlantic 10) 71 to 36
    Auburn (20-9, 10-7 SEC) Won at Alabama (17-13, 8-9 SEC) 66 to 60
    #13 Kansas (22-8, 11-6 Big 12) Lost at Oklahoma (19-11, 7-10 Big 12) 68 to 81

Conference
    None

Comment

• Have to agree with others about the ridiculous love that the Big 12 gets year after year. Eventually if you get 6-8 teams in every year you will have some positive results, sweet 16, elite 8s. I would say that you take the top 8 teams in the American and you’d have similar results or better. Tiered of teams with sub .500 records piggy backing into the tournament because they win a game or two in there over hyped league. But I suppose money talks and buys you entrance into the big dance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
        Have to agree with others about the ridiculous love that the Big 12 gets year after year. Eventually if you get 6-8 teams in every year you will have some positive results, sweet 16, elite 8s. I would say that you take the top 8 teams in the American and you’d have similar results or better. Tiered of teams with sub .500 records piggy backing into the tournament because they win a game or two in there over hyped league. But I suppose money talks and buys you entrance into the big dance.
        "Why the NCAA tournament's expansion to 68 teams has not worked out" - Yahoo Sports

By Pat Forde
        Posted: March 4, 2019

"...It is fitting, as we head into a stretch run that includes the likes of Indiana (6-12 in the Big Ten), TCU (6-11 in the Big 12) and Florida (12 losses and counting) in the bubble conversation, that Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany (23) on Monday announced his retirement in June 2020. Delany and Mike Slive, the late Southeastern Conference commissioner, did as much as anyone to consolidate power in the hands of the richest leagues, and never stopped seeking more cash and more influence...."

Comment

• It's almost comical at this point how much hype the Big 12 gets considering how its teams usually get shellacked in the tourney every year.

Almost comical--because it's not real funny that the hype costs worthy teams in other conferences a tournament bid or at least seed lines.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by ICT2CLT View Post

Agreed, if TCU is an NCAA team then the Shockers are an NIT team. TCU shouldn't get in.
            A nice posting history consisting of subtle shots and lots and lots of Big 12 comments. Interesting.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

"Why the NCAA tournament's expansion to 68 teams has not worked out" - Yahoo Sports

By Pat Forde
              Posted: March 4, 2019

"...It is fitting, as we head into a stretch run that includes the likes of Indiana (6-12 in the Big Ten), TCU (6-11 in the Big 12) and Florida (12 losses and counting) in the bubble conversation, that Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany (23) on Monday announced his retirement in June 2020. Delany and Mike Slive, the late Southeastern Conference commissioner, did as much as anyone to consolidate power in the hands of the richest leagues, and never stopped seeking more cash and more influence...."
              No kidding they have...

Watching some of the better teams in the non-hyped conferences, i.e. not the power 5, and it becomes clear that they sure look the part of Division 1 college basketball athletes. A lot of these teams can play with middle of the pack teams from the power 5 that annually scoop at-large bids in front of the "unknown" conference hopefuls. They could play with teams above middle of the pack too.

Comment

• 03/06/19 - RECAP

Non-Conference
                Louisiana Tech (17-12, 9-9 Conference USA) Won at FAU (14-13, 8-9 Conference USA) 72 to 69
                Rice (11-17, 8-9 Conference USA) Won at Charlotte (7-21, 4-13 Conference USA) 79 to 70
                Southern Miss (15-10, 10-7 Conference USA) Won at Old Dominion (23-7, 13-4 Conference USA) 59 to 52
                Oklahoma State (11-19, 4-13 Big 12) Won at Baylor (19-11, 10-7 Big 12) 67 to 64
                Saint Bonaventure (15-15, 11-6 Atlantic 10) Lost at Davidson (21-8, 13-4 Atlantic 10) 46 to 64
                Providence (16-14, 6-11 Big East) Lost at Creighton (16-13, 8-9 Big East) 70 to 76 in 1xOT

Conference
                South Florida (18-11, 8-9 American Athletic) Won at Tulane (4-25, 0-17 American Athletic) 75 to 70

Comment

• Cincy flops their way back in vs ucf

Comment

• What does it mean for us now that UCF beat Cincy and is a top 25 team?

Comment

• Dan
                      Dan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It will be a good win for us to boost our NIT resume

• Didn't know the Scottrade Center had become the Enterprise Center. Do they now have the James T Kirk Most Valuable Player award?
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                      WuDrWu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It is CRIMINAL that they assigned Higgy a Thursday night game. CRIMINAL I tell you. :(

• WuDrWu
                      WuDrWu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They deserve a double OT with multiple monitor times for that indecency.

• wusphlash
                      wusphlash commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Didn't really understand Higgins working a Thursday night game either.

• 03/07/19 - RECAP

Non-Conference
                    Tennessee-Martin (10-19, 6-12 Ohio Valley) Lost at Jacksonville State (22-8, 15-3 Ohio Valley) 81 to 88
                    Troy (9-18, 4-13 Sun Belt) Lost at Appalachian State (8-19, 6-11 Sun Belt) 64 to 72

Conference
                    SMU (13-16, 5-12 American Athletic) Lost at #12 Houston (28-2, 15-2 American Athletic) 79 to 90
                    Temple (22-8, 12-5 American Athletic) Won at Connecticut (14-16, 5-12 American Athletic) 78 to 71
                    #20 Cincinnati (25-5, 14-3 American Athletic) Lost at #25 UCF (23-6, 13-4 American Athletic) 55 to 58

Comment

• Drake seems to be absolutely plagued by injuries. From what I've picked up both their #1 and #2 PG's are out right now.

Illinois State taking advantage of Drake's lack of a floor general and leading 37-17 at the half.

Oh, wait I got that backwards. Drake is up 37-17.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Drake seems to be absolutely plagued by injuries. From what I've picked up both their #1 and #2 PG's are out right now.

Illinois State taking advantage of Drake's lack of a floor general and leading 37-17 at the half.

Oh, wait I got that backwards. Drake is up 37-17.
                        Well, looks like Dan Mueller better polish up his CDL.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Think Dan has a future driving a big rig, huh!

• Drake is obviously well coached. Illinois State is not well coached. The Geese are out-athleted at every position. How the Geese won the Valley is beyond me.

ISU has decided to pound the ball inside this half and have cut the lead to 15....should be 12 if they could make FTs but none the less. 13 now.

Drake breaking out the Kansas City Kings throwback unis with red trim. Maybe looking at those atrocious uniforms have the Redbirds befuddled.

43-31 Geese.

Comment

Working...
                        X