X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01/22/19 - RECAP
    #20 Ole Miss (14-4, 4-2 SEC) Lost at Alabama (12-6, 3-3 SEC) 53 to 74

01/23/19 - RECAP
    VCU (13-6, 4-2 Atlantic 10) Lost at Rhode Island (11-7, 4-2 Atlantic 10) 65 to 71
    George Washington (6-13, 2-4 Atlantic 10) Lost at Davidson (13-5, 5-1 Atlantic 10) 62 to 73
    Providence (12-7, 2-4 Big East) Won at Xavier (11-9, 3-4 Big East) 64 to 62
    Oklahoma (13-5, 2-4 Big 12) Won at Oklahoma State (8-10, 2-4 Big 12) 70 to 61

UCF (15-3, 5-1 American Athletic) Won at Tulane (4-14, 0-6 American Athletic) 75 to 50
    East Carolina (8-10, 1-5 American Athletic) Lost at #17 Houston (19-1, 6-1 American Athletic) 50 to 94

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Illinois State did a hell of a lot better than Loyola is doing tonight. With a minute left in the game it is 68-32 Missouri State. Loyola has around 10 total rebounds in the game.

Final Score: Missouri State 70 - Loyola 35

Loyola had a total of 9 rebounds. Lowest in a D-1 game this season.
      LOL, and that's the Valley's best team?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• RoyalShock
        RoyalShock commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure they have a best team. That league is a horror movie - The Valley of Cannibals.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

LOL, and that's the Valley's best team?
      According to some valley fans, they have already done more for the valley than we did.

Comment

Illinois State did a hell of a lot better than Loyola is doing tonight. With a minute left in the game it is 68-32 Missouri State. Loyola has around 10 total rebounds in the game.

That is one ugly box score. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a TEAM not getting a double-double in a game. Single digit rebounds, assists, and steals.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

That is one ugly box score. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a TEAM not getting a double-double in a game. Single digit rebounds, assists, and steals.
          Talk about epic free fall...

Comment

Irony over at MVCfans here. This was posted two days ago. Right after our USF game and right before that turd they just dropped

"Loyola is now 25 spots higher than Wichita in NET and 53 spots higher in KenPom. I think this gap will continue to grow.

Drake 11 spots lower than Wichita in NET and 19 spots higher in KenPom."

EDIT: I poked the bear (teddy bear in this case?) and now all they can do is take shots at Lynn Marshall and suggest that Loyola was better than us last year ....
            Last edited by Stickboy46; January 24, 2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Personally, I don’t understand why you would want to bag on the MVC. I have nothing but great memories. Surely the critics don’t hold grudges from silly message boards. Those schools have a tough go to make their programs successful. I’ll always root for their success.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
                Shocktoberfest commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with you MO. I'm just glad we aren't still there, that's all.

• I still follow the mvc just because it’s hard to move on from something sometimes. I’ll admit I do enjoy checking the conference rankings and seeing that the AAC is #6 and WSU’s rpi is still higher than almost everyone in the mvc whose conference ranking is now 12 or 13.

for me it’s more that I root for the AAC to be stronger but I also like to see the mvc be successful, which isn’t really happening unfortunately.

My hope would be to someday rekindle tons of pre conference games with any willing mvc coaches. I think creighton should do that too.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                Stickboy46 commented
                Editing a comment
                After today's update, WSU has a higher NET than any team in the MVC.

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                I assume they went down.

• JayPak
                JayPak commented
                Editing a comment
                Obviously you’ve outgrown the MVC but to your point, I think it’s likely Creighton will schedule Wichita again. Apparently, Shockers were the backup if the current home/home with Gonzaga had fallen through. I’m sure the Jays would love to renew Gonzaga, but not sure the feeling is mutual, so perhaps a Wichita contract is imminent.

Now that the HC of Drake is a former longtime Creighton assistant, I can see the Jays scheduling Drake as a home/Wells Fargo series. I don’t expect Creighton to play any other MVC teams unless forced to.

• "Games of Interest" is so much less interesting when we're not pursuing championships and posturing for NCAA seeding.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• But it will get a lot more interesting over the next two months as we go 15-0 and go at large.

Comment

• pinstripers
                  pinstripers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  or go 20-0 and win it all

• At least we don’t have to worry about losing marshall after this season

Comment

• rjl
                  rjl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Turgeon left after a dogshit season.

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

For one of the few times in my life... I have no words to describe this scene.

That is all.
                Oh man, I have several words. "Awesome" comes to mind...a passionate fan yelling at a game. "Reminds me of me" at a game, and a lot of other people. It reminds me of the energy and drive of the head coach that has done what I never thought would happen at Wichita State in a million years: Shocker basketball is a national brand...we went to a final four and we legitimately think we could go again...and we went from a bottom half conference to one of the 6 best in the country. The fact that some yahoo from ku is bothered by that picture makes it all the more sweet.

Comment

• 01/26/19 - RECAP

Non-Conference
                  Vanderbilt (9-10, 0-6 SEC) Lost at Oklahoma (15-5, 3-4 Big 12) 55 to 86
                  Marshall (12-9, 5-3 Conference USA) Lost at Southern Miss (9-8, 4-5 Conference USA) 51 to 101
                  Western Kentucky (11-10, 4-4 Conference USA) Lost at Louisiana Tech (13-7, 5-4 Conference USA) 50 to 62
                  Jacksonville State (13-6, 7-1 Ohio Valley) Won at Morehead State (6-13, 4-4 Ohio Valley) 77 to 71
                  Appalachian State (3-14, 1-6 Sun Belt) Won at Little Rock (5-14, 2-6 Sun Belt) 77 to 73
                  VCU (14-6, 5-2 Atlantic 10)Won at Duquesne (14-6, 5-2 Atlantic 10) 80 to 74
                  Davidson (14-5, 6-1 Atlantic 10) Won at Saint Louis (14-6, 5-2 Atlantic 10) 54 to 53
                  North Dakota State (8-12, 4-4 Summit League) Won at Oral Roberts (6-15, 4-4 Summit League) 67 to 57
                  UAB (12-7, 6-2 Conference USA) Won at Rice (6-13, 3-5 Conference USA) 89 to 86
                  Alabama (12-7, 3-3 SEC) Lost at Baylor (13-6, 4-2 Big 12) 68 to 73

Conference
                  Tulane (4-15, 0-7 American Athletic) Lost at SMU (12-7, 4-3 American Athletic) 75 to 85
                  South Florida (14-6, 4-4 American Athletic) Won at East Carolina (8-11, 1-6 American Athletic) 77 to 57

Comment

• 01/27/19 - RECAP

Non-Conference
                    DePaul (11-8, 3-5 Big East) Lost at Providence (13-7, 3-4 Big East) 67 to 70

Conference
                    Cincinnati (18-3, 7-1 American Athletic) Won at Temple (15-5, 5-2 American Athletic) 72 to 68
                    #17 Houston (20-1, 7-1 American Athletic) Won at Tulsa (12-9, 2-6 American Athletic) 77 to 65
                    UCF (15-4, 5-2 American Athletic) Lost at Memphis (13-7, 5-2 American Athletic) 57 to 77

Comment

• So the team that we had a 29 point lead on at halftime has an 18 point halftime lead on the team that beat us by 32. I need a head scratcher smilie.
                      Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Aargh
                        Aargh commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And it's being played @OU!
                    Working...
                    X