Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Davidson moves to 5-1 with a 78-69 win over Northeastern

Baylor moves to 4-2 with a 72 - 64 win over George Mason.

High Point 55 - East Carolina 52

La Tech falls to 4-2 with a 73-80 loss to UNC-Greensboro

Houston moves to 4-0 with a 76-62 win over BYU

UCF moves to 5-1 with a 66-53 win over Northern Kentucky

VCU moves to 5-1 with a 69-67 overtime win over Hofstra

Cincinnati moves to 5-1 with a 71-57 win over Ole Miss
    So Davidson played Northeastern twice, the first on 11/18 (winning 71-59) and the second on 11/24 (winning 78-69).

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      That appears to be the case. Makes for a easy scout for that 2nd game doesn't it.

• WuShock16
      WuShock16 commented
      Editing a comment
      The game on November 18 was the third-place game in the Charleston Classic. The November 24 game was the scheduled "fourth game" of the MTE for each team. Had the Shockers closed out Davidson (or had 'Bama not laid an egg against Northeastern), the game in Charleston never would have taken place.

• Monday results (Nov 26th):

Texas Southern coming off a 63-85 loss to Evansville which was Evansville's only D-1 win so far this season went to Eugene and knocked of #18 Oregon 89-84. Texas Southern won at Baylor 72-69 for their only other win season to date.

La Tech falls to 2-3 in D-1 games with a 71-75 loss at Delaware.

Appalachian State 91 over D-II Winston-Salem 64

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      That Oregon loss probably surprised their 2 Top 100 recruits they got over the last 10 days or so.

It's looking more and more like La Tech caught fire in a bottle against our "deer in the headlights" Shockers first D-I game.

• I know Nevada is good, but Loyola is proving that they're the one-hit sham that they are. Their run was literally all about luck in one possession game after another.

Anybody thinking that school was going to the NCAA's again was a fool.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 5 minutes left in the 1st in Waco, Baylor trails South Dakota 20-12. They can't seem to score and they're struggling against inferior competition.

Not only is Saturday a winnable game, but we should be favored.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Louisville leading Michigan State by 6 with 7 minutes to play - 58 - 52

Comment

• I think Louisville was expecting that to be a jump ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            I think Louisville was expecting that to be a jump ball.
            lol, eyes got gouched out and then the guy tried for a reacharound and finally got caught and then acted dumbfounded with the call
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Comment

• Temple wins 79-77 at Missouri.

Comment

• #13 Virginia Tech falls at Penn State 62-63

Davidson moves to 6-1 with a 76-56 win over Charlotte.

Cincinnati 105 - Arkansas-Blind Bluff 49

East Carolina loses at UNC Willmington 86-95

UConn 95 - UMass Lowell 75

Baylor improves to 5-2 with a 63-57 home win over South Dakota

Oklahoma moves to 6-1 with a 73-57 home win over North Texas

SMU 79 - Lamar 65

Tulsa 72 - UT Arlington 58
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 27, 2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Wichita State women lost to Oklahoma State. But man I sure do like our coach Keitha Adams. Did you hear her post game on why shocks got out rebounded? Adams has got some mojo. " Right now we just don't want to put a body on anyone. You have to be more physical to beat a team with players bigger than you. " Best line " Ray Charles could have been sitting in here and saw that" LOL I got a feeling our young team is going to get tougher.

Comment

• Carver Bible College (Non Div I) lost to Jacksonville State (2-3, 0-0 Ohio Valley) 61 to 101

Georgia State (5-2, 0-0 Sun Belt) beats Tulane (2-4, 0-0 American Athletic) 80 to 76

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sure have seen a lot of of D-1 teams playing non-D-1 competition this year. Not only on the men's side but also the women. I've seen games against D-II teams, D-III teams and NAIA teams. I think this is the first NCCAA team I've run across a D-1 team playing. That would be the National Christian College Athletic Association. There is very little information on the Carver web site. Apparently the only two sports the school sponsors is men's and women's basketball.

According to the Jacksonville State web site Carver had previously played 8 games this season including losses to 3 D-1 teams. Carver lost to Georgia Southern (139-51), Wofford (94-35) and Tennessee State (92-57). I understand Carver's motivation for playing these games. I suppose the motivation of their opponents probably varies from team to team. I guess as long as their ignored in the various rating systems it is of little consequence. Nor does it tell you much of anything useful about Carver's opponents. Probably better to play these teams than many of the SWAC and MEAC teams.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 28, 2018, 05:48 PM.

• UTRGV (4-4, 0-0 Western Athletic) lost to Houston (5-0, 0-0 American Athletic) 53 to 58

Stetson (0-7, 0-0 Atlantic Sun) lost to South Florida (5-2, 0-0 American Athletic) 71 to 75

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Whew! Not exactly impressive wins especially at home. Thank goodness they pulled those games out.

• Rice (2-5, 0-0 Conference USA) lost to Texas State (5-1, 0-0 Sun Belt) 60 to 74
                      South Alabama (2-4, 0-0 Sun Belt) lost Southern Miss (4-1, 0-0 Conference USA) 67 to 71
                      VCU (5-2, 0-0 Atlantic 10) lost to Old Dominion (4-3, 0-0 Conference USA) 52 to 62

Comment

• Games of Interest:

Alabama (60, 5-1) @ UCF (43, 5-1)
                        McNeese State (329, 2-3) @ SMU (91, 4-3)

Got to pull for UCF in that game no matter if we lost to Alabama or not. SMU has not been playing well, so the upset potential is unfortunately there, albeit small.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          According to ESPN UCF is a 5.5 point favorite and SMU is a 20 point favorite in these games.
                      Working...
                      X