No announcement yet.

2018 IBA Opponent Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since they have electronic menu boards, they could so easily give pricing changes a whirl and see how things went. I do wonder how much a bump in sales would happen if they lowered all concession prices and then advertised that fact? Or always have a certain few items for $1, like a small soda and small popcorn. The "Buck Night" concessions work well for Royals games, though they do open up special stands for those items.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

The Atlanta Falcons are doing interesting things with their concessions with very positive results. It proves that you don't have to gouge your customers to succeed.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...um-concessions
      78-65

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
        SHOCKvalue commented
        Editing a comment
        Price elasticity of demand

Or at least what some fart smeller called it this one time.

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      The Atlanta Falcons are doing interesting things with their concessions with very positive results. It proves that you don't have to gouge your customers to succeed.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...um-concessions
      I'm all for this thought process. Lower prices will ultimately lead to increased sales (as long as the customer experience and customer service remains high). Good to see this in action, many should take notice.

Comment

Serious question why don't athletics concession stands sell Kool-Aid in the color of the team. So many jokes to be had.

Comment

got my offer for tickets... seems pretty pricey to me except for the cheap non-optimal viewing seats. my group of 12 will be watching from pumphouse.

courtside: $227
          lower bowl middle sections: $87
          corners: $62
          "behind the net at an angle": $37
          "behind the net" and upstairs centered: $27
          "cheap seats": $18

Comment

• abdullah_sharif
            abdullah_sharif commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed.. but we went from a top 25 opponent (at the time) to a bottom 25 opponent with no change in price.. supply and demand will dictate, but i predict a lot of empty seats this year.

• FadedCrown
            FadedCrown commented
            Editing a comment
            abdullah_sharif Since when is Southern Miss a bottom 25 team?

• XManCometh
            XManCometh commented
            Editing a comment
            FadedCrown Southern Miss was the 206th rated team on Kempom last year.

Tickets prices aren't reflective of the opponent.

However, we should see a win, so that'll be nice.

apologies faded.. bottom 25%. and yes xman, should be a blowout

Comment

Do people really come to the games to watch the opponent? or our own hometown national power? .....

With that said, if anyone that has a code for before the 18th doesn't want to go, send it in a PM to me. I'll gladly make sure those better seats are filled with me and friends.

Comment

• Shocker1388
              Shocker1388 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree 100% with you! Idc about the opponent when this team is basically new! I’ll be there with at least 10+ of my family members.

Ticket sales started this morning. Far fewer than the usual numbers when the ticket office opened at 10am than in previous years. Prime centre court as usual for our group.

Go Shocks!
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Do people really come to the games to watch the opponent? or our own hometown national power? .....

With that said, if anyone that has a code for before the 18th doesn't want to go, send it in a PM to me. I'll gladly make sure those better seats are filled with me and friends.
              I want to watch the Shox, but I also don't want to waste my money seeing a game in person that isn't competitive whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

I want to watch the Shox, but I also don't want to waste my money seeing a game in person that isn't competitive whatsoever.
                I don't think I've ever been bored watching a GGG team in Wichita execute with laser precision on the defensive and offensive ends of the court, in the same game, at the same time. Regardless of the score.

Now, those "competitive" games against Gulf Coast and A. State last year, on the other hand, were very boring. At least to me.
                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; October 17, 2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• FadedCrown
                  FadedCrown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not boring to me. A close game always gets me nervous, no matter who the opponent is.
              Working...
              X