No announcement yet.

2018 IBA Opponent Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy thinking a conference game at IBA, KOCH is by far the best place to see the Shockers play. Not close.

Comment

Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
      Crazy thinking a conference game at IBA, KOCH is by far the best place to see the Shockers play. Not close.
      If you want to see a real s**t storm take away a conference game from the season ticket holders. Between parking , no half time entertainment, almost $5 for a Fu**ing bottle of water lots of us are close to giving up. #wakeupMrAD

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post

If you want to see a real s**t storm take away a conference game from the season ticket holders. Between parking , no half time entertainment, almost $5 for a Fu**ing bottle of water lots of us are close to giving up. #wakeupMrAD
        What wrong with the parking? Also what's wrong with pricing bottles of water comparable to most high demand events?

Comment

We have been begging to get a Big 12 team at Koch for years, and now some want to swap Baylor to IBA and Southern Miss to Koch? During a year with an entire roster flip, I really like the schedule, and think we have potential to get back to NCAA. It's all about the big picture. Don't forget we've seriously upgraded the conference slate. We aren't as reliant on our non-con SOS anymore. In 2019, let's load the schedule up...

At the IBA game, go and enjoy a Shocker win. It'll be better than the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

What wrong with the parking? Also what's wrong with pricing bottles of water comparable to most high demand events?
            Nothing if you have boat loads of money or young . At Sam's club today a case of Aquafina 32 bottles $4.38 That's about 14 cents a bottle.

Comment

• Topshock
              Topshock commented
              Editing a comment
              Can't believe people are still bitching about parking. I thought that nonissue had long been laid to rest.

Beverage price??? Of course they are high, but no higher than any other big time arena.

Originally posted by vbird53 View Post
            We have been begging to get a Big 12 team at Koch for years, and now some want to swap Baylor to IBA and Southern Miss to Koch? During a year with an entire roster flip, I really like the schedule, and think we have potential to get back to NCAA. It's all about the big picture. Don't forget we've seriously upgraded the conference slate. We aren't as reliant on our non-con SOS anymore. In 2019, let's load the schedule up...

At the IBA game, go and enjoy a Shocker win. It'll be better than the last 2 years.
            Did someone say they wanted to swap Baylor for Southern Miss? We have them at Koch. We need to see that. I must have missed that. If the Athletic Department is smart and they don't over price the Southern Miss game, it may sell out or get close. Sitting in the upper portion of the upper level to watch Southern Miss. for $15.00 isn't that great of a deal imo. This is not a premier game but people still like to see the Shocks.

Comment

• Stickboy46
              Stickboy46 commented
              Editing a comment
              Intrust is just a different experience. For fans AND the players. It's not better or worse, just different. It's an opportunity for people that can't get season tickets to get to a game. It's fun no matter what the opponent.

Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post

Nothing if you have boat loads of money or young . At Sam's club today a case of Aquafina 32 bottles $4.38 That's about 14 cents a bottle.
            Oh neat. Didn't realize Sam's club was converted and set up to host a shockers game. That's super nice of them

Comment

Dunno if we'll go or not. It's ok, but it ain't Koch.

Comment

I believe in free enterprise and everything but just because major league venues are gouging people for concessions, namely water, doesn't mean it's right. I get making a buck, but the markup on these concession items is somewhere north of 300%. It's pretty ridiculous. And that's why I haven't purchased a concession item on the WSU campus since about 2012.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• SB Shock
                  SB Shock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is why we try to go to Barn'rds if possible for our pre-game meal.

• ShockerFever
                  ShockerFever commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Truth. You can spend the same amount there on a delicious meal as you would a bottle of water and a vanilla wafer at Koch.

• SHOCKvalue
                  SHOCKvalue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There needs to be more Barn-rds in Wichita, and I could almost walk to the one they do have. Why has this not happened? Like Arby’s but with beef and chicken instead of horse and cat.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                I believe in free enterprise and everything but just because major league venues are gouging people for concessions, namely water, doesn't mean it's right. I get making a buck, but the markup on these concession items is somewhere north of 300%. It's pretty ridiculous. And that's why I haven't purchased a concession item on the WSU campus since about 2012.
                It has always been my theory, that if I couldn't afford a couple bottles of water/beers during an event, then I couldn't afford to be there in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                  It has always been my theory, that if I couldn't afford a couple bottles of water/beers during an event, then I couldn't afford to be there in the first place.
                  Ticket prices to special events are very high and so are the concessions and I live my life on a budget that is somewhat tight (I don't enjoy unlimited funds). I can afford a lot of things that may take away from my future. That's why I choose events carefully and often don't buy concessions when I go. I see more and more people in airports or at places where special events take place, fill up their water bottles at the water fountain. They obviously don't have unlimited funds either. SF isn't wrong that lot of people feel the effects. However, there are a lot of people like you who evidently have large enough amounts of money where tighter budgeting isn't as important or you choose to throw caution to the wind. Lots of people buy BMW's who can't afford them because they want to look good. Debt and a lack of good financial discipline is a problem and the debt that some people get into isn't a good thing. Good Luck to both types of people in our world where we all make choices.

Comment

I could probably afford $10 a game for water if I wanted to, but it’s more about the principle. I prefer to get more bang out of my $10 than 16 oz of hydrogen dioxide.

How come 20 years ago there wasn’t this kind of ridiculous markup? Yes times change, but it doesn’t mean I have to agree with it. What’s the limit on markup? Is 400% enough? What about 500%? Maybe I’ll revist your post when beer hits $25/pop and starts teetering on the edge of your breaking point.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• ShauXTyme
                      ShauXTyme commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just can’t resist...your innerds must be pretty clean if you’re planning to drink your hydrogen peroxide at the games. Just sayin’! Not a chemistry major, I’m guessing?!?

• XManCometh
                      XManCometh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      20 years ago they weren't paying the head coach $3.5 million to be there and 20 years ago they had trouble even filling the place because the team was trash.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I could probably afford $10 a game for water if I wanted to, but it’s more about the principle. I prefer to get more bang out of my $10 than 16 oz of hydrogen dioxide.

How come 20 years ago there wasn’t this kind of ridiculous markup? Yes times change, but it doesn’t mean I have to agree with it. What’s the limit on markup? Is 400% enough? What about 500%? Maybe I’ll revist your post when beer hits $25/pop and starts teetering on the edge of your breaking point.
                    The limit is when sales are affected. Even with those prices there are still long lines for concessions

Comment

It’s always been my theory that if I can’t make it through a two hour event without food, drink, or a bathroom break I am probably having a bad day adulting.

Comment

Nm

Comment

Working...
                        X