Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turgeon ain't ever coming back to Wichita to coach against Marshall

Comment

If we could only shake it. You know shake it....

Like maybe we could do like a "Do Over" type game at IBA sometimes. Like who ever we lost to in the NCAA tournament the year before. Maybe it's Kentucky...maybe it's Louisiville...maybe it's Notre Dame...maybe it's Miami...heck maybe it's even Marshall. Just for fun. Who cares where the programs are (returning talent and such)....just play the game and make it fun like a rematch...or like a Polaroid Picture. Hey ya.

FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

We should set up a like "Wichita Classic". Double header with with 4 teams. WSU is obviously one every year, then 3 big name teams. Guarantee that would be sold out every year.

Comment

• shock
          shock commented
          Editing a comment
          Wichita, OU, Mizzou, Colorado

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          Would love someone like WVU or Xavier, but expect to be disappointed with a UAB or Southern Miss.
          you’re welcome. ;)

The Assman

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            Soooo, IT'S YOUR FAULT!!!

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
          My sources are telling me UMKC is a lock for IBA.
          My source wasn't far off
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Wichita State legendary baseball coach Gene Stephenson will be inducted into the Pizza Hut Shocker Sports Hall of Fame on Sat., Dec. 15 at halftime of the men's basketball game at INTRUST Bank Arena.

The past few years we've seen Utah, OSU, OU...makes you think they'll do everything they can to get a great opponent for downtown once again. I could see a Big XII

That will add a little shine to the IBA game this year.

Comment

Southern Mississippi, wow what a game.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Wichita State legendary baseball coach Gene Stephenson will be inducted into the Pizza Hut Shocker Sports Hall of Fame on Sat., Dec. 15 at halftime of the men's basketball game at INTRUST Bank Arena.

The past few years we've seen Utah, OSU, OU...makes you think they'll do everything they can to get a great opponent for downtown once again. I could see a Big XII

That will add a little shine to the IBA game this year.
                I really like Gene but I’m not sure that’ll get me there. Baylor is the premier OOC home game this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I really like Gene but I’m not sure that’ll get me there. Baylor is the premier OOC home game this year.
                  It will be a big deal to some and not to others. Obviously the #1 reason to go is to see the Shockers play basketball. The opponent will no doubt be the difference for some. I doubt it will be a sell out, even with Gene's induction. But for those who are on the fence perhaps Gene's induction will be enough for them to attend.

Comment

This is the most exciting IBA game since, well, the last USM game a few years ago. I’ll be sure to pick up a couple of $3 Groupon tickets and watch it in person with 8500 of my best Shocker buds.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      This is the most exciting IBA game since, well, the last USM game a few years ago. I’ll be sure to pick up a couple of $3 Groupon tickets and watch it in person with 8500 of my best Shocker buds.
                      Your idea is tremendously exciting. if inexpensive enough tickets appear somewhere, I'll think seriously about it. But I'm not paying what tickets have been costing for OU and OSU the past couple of years. Your groupon idea sounds like a possible winner. I like supporting the Shocks but I pay enough already and don't wish to be gouged anymore.

Comment

• Walker
                        Walker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Huh? The IBA games are usually the most affordable tickets on the schedule. The cheapest seats are around $15 usually. Part of the appeal of IBA game is that you can snag great seats for pretty reasonable prices.

• WstateU
                        WstateU commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I usually enjoy a 'before' and 'after' beverage in Old Town. I've been a post-game party pooper the last two years. :(

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKW...epwc/giphy.gif
                        Last edited by WstateU; September 24, 2018, 05:18 PM. Reason: I like this one better. :)

• SHOCKvalue
                        SHOCKvalue commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The cheapest season tickets at CKA work out to $50/game. I've never spent close to that for the IBA matchup.

If southern miss is the best we could get for intrust I would rather have moved a conference game down there. Tulsa would have been perfect with the news about gene.

Comment

Originally posted by 12eagle View Post
                        If southern miss is the best we could get for intrust I would rather have moved a conference game down there. Tulsa would have been perfect with the news about gene.
                        UCONN, Memphis, or Cincy at IBA would have made the WSU athletic department a nice wad of cash.

A non-con buy game at 15K seat IBA is asking a lot when all of your ticket sales are individual (no season tickets).

Comment

I'll be really, really interested to see how they price this one. We'll see if they're smart with this or are a bunch of greedy imbeciles.

SV, you hit the nail on the head with respect to groupon.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                          X