Fansided Breaks Down WSU's 2018 Recruiting Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fansided Breaks Down WSU's 2018 Recruiting Class

I haven't read the whole thing yet. It looks like they're going through the class player by player.

Wichita State basketball suffered a mass exodus this offseason. Can head coach Gregg Marshall immediately recover with his incoming 2018 recruiting class?
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Read thru this earlier. Good read. Doesn’t mention Teddy. I’m guessing because he’s not elgible (yet...fingers crossed) this year. Lists Chance Moore at 6’9”.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      This note regarding Rod and Teddy was posted at the bottom of the 1st page:

(NOTE: Although Rodgerick Brown is listed as a member of the 2018 recruiting class on 247Sports, he enrolled at Wichita State early and redshirted this past season as a member of the 2017 high school class. That is why he is not included in this piece. West Virginia transfer Teddy Allen, who is also joining Wichita State, is also not included.)

• Slykryck
      Slykryck commented
      Editing a comment
      Missed that note.

Ehhhh seems to me this guy just read one article about each recruit, then tried to spin it as if he knew what he was talking about.

Comment

I'm hopeful that Udeze will have quicker success than our just departed other Morris. As I recall, everyone questioned Shaq's work ethic and we witnessed that for at least three long years. Who knows how good Shaq would have been had he not needed constant badgering from the coaching staff and fellow teammates? Udeze doesn't seem to be coming with that "lazy label and his size and skill set seems to be similar to Shaq. Excited to see what this young man can do on the court for the Shox!

Comment

I did not see Shaq's skill set out of Udeze on that warm summer day. I did witness some Cadillac'in. Maybe he just saves his "maximum effort" for the real games.

Another point to consider is that these guys usually play right after lifting weights. Personally I don't even know how that's possible. So whatever I'm witnessing, it's likely at about 75% of full effort.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Signman
          Signman commented
          Editing a comment
          I got a different impression of Udeze at the practice I watched last week. In the line drills he was usually the first big man and was with the guards most of the time. Also, one of the players had to run three line drills (because he had 3 turnovers) and Morris joined with him and ran a third one himself in order to encourage the other player.

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          That's good to hear. A sample size of one pick-up session doesn't earn a very high confidence level. What did you think of JE?

T

...:cool:
          Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; July 19, 2018, 04:20 PM.

• Signman
          Signman commented
          Editing a comment
          Liked what I saw of JE but for the most part they were working on defensive 4 on 4 shell drills and a controlled scrimmage focused on primary and secondary breaks. Difficult to tell plus I was spending a lot of my time just trying to figure out who the players were. JE didn't show out necessarily. One that did stand out was Teddy (he really likes to win). Overall I had a positive impression of the team but agree that one practice is certainly not enough to form a rational opinion. Told Coach that it is going to be fun watching him mold this group of young men.
      Working...
      X