No announcement yet.

Lou Gudino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am stoked about this hire. Welcome Coach Gudino!
    Go Shocks!

Comment

Good hire, great guy. CJ doing Shocker Nation a solid. Remember that.

Comment

I have no personal knowledge, but it seems like Greg Lansing was one of the Valley coaches that Marshall really got along with. Marshall was quick to congratulate Indiana State after they beat Indiana last season. I wouldn't be surprised if Gregg talked to Lansing a bit about Gudino, too.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Welcome aboard Coach!
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I think we upgraded twice. Serious upgrade on this one.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

It's official, Taylor Eldridge has now reported it!

Comment

Weird stuff. Jans took a $50k pay cut ($330 to $278) to take the NMS job. LG left Indiana St after 10 years, $97k salary to be Jans AHC, then leaves for WSU to be Greggs AHC?

Comment

• Windiwu
                  Windiwu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No one reports he will be AHC here but I would imagine the pay is better. I hope this was a big sacrifice on Jans part. Not to be mean to Coach Jans but GGG needs help for sure with this big class of eager newbies.:)

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                I think we upgraded twice. Serious upgrade on this one.
                Nothing feels worse than a pair of poorly sized shoes.

Corrective action has been taken.

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
                Weird stuff. Jans took a $50k pay cut ($330 to $278) to take the NMS job. LG left Indiana St after 10 years, $97k salary to be Jans AHC, then leaves for WSU to be Greggs AHC?
                I have not seen any reporting that Coach Guidino will be 3G's Associate Head Coach. I would be a bit surprised if that was the case but I suppose anything is possible. I guess we will find out for sure whenver an official announcement is made.

Either way good hire.

Interesting though that both 3G and Kietha Adams have hired long-tenured Associate Head Coaches to join their staffs as assistants for this coming season.

Comment

Comment

Just in time for the busy July NCAA Certified Evaluation Events around the country.. Actually those started this past weekend and are also on the calendar for the next two weekeneds.

Wichita Hoops had the GASO Midwest - July event this past weekend and then this weekend Wichita Hoops has the Mullens High Profile Team Tournament and the Mullens Top 100 Juco Showcase.

Wichita Sports Forum had a certified event initially scheduled for last weekend but that was cancelled. Perhaps not enough interest.

I assume 3G and staff will cover their fair share of these events although hard to say which ones.

Comment

I wonder what Jans will do at this late date?

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                      WSUwatcher commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That didn't seem to deter him much from encouraging Gudino to move up, did it?

• OregonShocker
                      OregonShocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      WSUwatcher, guess it depends on how much encouragement you think he got vs how much was self driven.

Where is matty b these days?
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

The final piece is in place. How did Marshall do it? The most complete turnover of staff and players that I can remember by a sitting coach.

Comment

Addition of Coach Guidino officially announced today. As anticiapted he is being added as an assistant coach. He will not be the Associate Head Coach (at least not at this point - who knows maybe down the road a bit).

"Lou is a bright young man whom I've known for many years," Marshall said. "He comes highly recommended by Greg Lansing at Indiana State and by my former assistant Chris Jans at New Mexico State. Lou was a tremendous help to both of those programs in terms of day-to-day office administration. He's also very knowledgeable about the game of basketball and, in particular, our system, having worked under Chris and having scouted our team for the better part of a decade in the Valley. I think he will be a great fit for our staff here at Wichita State."
                      http://goshockers.com/news/2018/7/16...ing-staff.aspx

Comment

Working...
                      X