Lou Gudino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou Gudino

Was associate head coach for Chris Jans at New Mexico State last season.

Interesting.

Welcome Coach Gudino!
    The Assman

Comment

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that was an eye opener. Certainly didn't expect this.

• SB Shock
      SB Shock commented
      Editing a comment
      Kunkel has not really moved -it say he is a Free Agent tv guy

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Soon to be placed on waivers...

This is quite interesting. I'm sure this was done with CJ's blessing. In fact, it would not surprise me if CJ did not introcuce the possiblity to 3G. Maybe Coach Guidino asked CJ whether or not it might be a good move for his career.

Comment

Probably wasn’t a hire based on recruiting ties which I think is a good thing.

Comment

Indiana State and NMSU articles when he moved in 2017 ...

Indiana State head basketball coach Greg Lansing announced today (April 25) that Associate Head Coach Lou Gudino has resigned to accept a similar position at New Mexico State. Gudino recently wrapped up his 10th season as a member of the Sycamore Basketball staff, including his seventh as the program's associate head coach.

LAS CRUCCES – Chris Jans’ first order of business as New Mexico State’s head men’s basketball coach was the hiring of Lou Gudino as his associate head coach.
        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Bluzrover
          Bluzrover commented
          Editing a comment
          I have to say, I like the fact that the article points out the impact he had on Indiana State's defense: "Gudino also coordinated the Sycamores' defensive efforts in which the Sycamores' were 80-9 during his time in that role when holding teams to 63 or points or less, including a mark of 18-0 when holding teams to 53 points or less."

• BOBB
          BOBB commented
          Editing a comment
          Bluzrover I would venture the overall winning percentage is pretty good when a team holds its opponents to 53. But point taken

Reading his bio on NMSU site is nice. Pretty impressive list of prior coaching

Comment

Pretty clear what just happened here folks. HCGM went out and bought himself the next best thing to coach Jans... coach Jans' clone.

Coach Jans owes HCGM a ton. After last year Marshall called in his marker. Next year our defense goes back to normal.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Pretty obvious what we lacked last year, and pretty obvious what Coach Gudino was brought in to do.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Good hire since Jans names involved

Comment

I have a feeling this is going to be a really great hire. Defense and scouting most likely to improve, probably a decent recruiter as well.
                Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                  I have a feeling this is going to be a really great hire. Defense and scouting most likely to improve, probably a decent recruiter as well.
                  Was recruiting coordinator at least two places.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Certainly looks like a great move from all aspects.

Comment

Side note, what's the deal with Kunkel? He doesn't re-sign with KWCH and is unemployed as far as we know, but he's still living in town and beating Taylor and Sully to Shocker news? He waiting out his non compete before joining another station here?

Comment

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Taylor tends to wait for official confirmation whereas Kunkel slings them at the hip. To his credit he has been right lately a lot.

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sully is an employee of Wichita State these days. He won't be reporting on anything that has not cleared official channels.

• InWuWeTrust
                        InWuWeTrust commented
                        Editing a comment
                        not much of a kunkel fan, but do appreciate independent sources that don't have to get their bosses approval to write an article or send a tweet.

Comment

I am stoked. Considering he has worked under Lansing and comes from Jans, my guess is this is the prescription the doctor has ordered for our defense.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                          WSUwatcher commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well, this and some new blood, hunger, and athleticism -- and hopefully good health and injury luck.
                      Working...
                      X