Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C0|db|00ded's Annual Summer Scrimmage Slamma Jamma Extravaganza!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold, are your comments based upon your observations of these Shocker players playing one another on the court during live scrimmages or pick-up games?

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      What's the difference?

The players are on fixed teams, there are score-keepers, big men are setting screens up top, fouls are called, players seem to have their preset defensive assignments, PG's are directing. If you've never been to a Shocker pickup/scrimmage game, they take it very, very serious. While defense is very physical it is nowhere near as consistent as what you'd see in a real game. If you go to the rack you're getting hammered, but you may get a nice lane to build up some speed first.

T

...:cool:

Yea, I'd like to know where/how you are getting these opinions from. If JE is as good as you say, better than AM
    and Udeze, were really going to have some serious size/muscle at the five spot and depth there. I'm confident
    that MM and RB compliment one another at the four spot and make it one of our stronger positions. If DD and
    ES are as good as I have a hunch they will be look out. It appears we are going to be a MUCH improved team
    from a defensive and physicality standpoint. Although we are going to be young it would appear that we are
    going to have depth and a lot of hungry players busting their behinds for PT. It may not always be pretty and our
    outside shooting may not be as good overall but it sounds like a very athletic and STRONG group of kids. I had
    pegged JE as third in line at center. Still do. There are a lot of mysteries on the team. Chandler, Moore, Jones,
    DD, JE, and Udeze come to mind. If two or three surprise on the upside we could be a factor come March. I
    think by then we will be a very up and down team but capable of beating some very good teams.

Comment

• wufan
      wufan commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m curious about JB. Has a chance to be a Cotton-esque glue guy.

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Where I'm getting these opinions from? My eyes and then my ass.

I've watched a lot of big men in summer scrimmages and JE was doing some things physically and skill-wise that caught my attention. With that said, Bush Wam looked very good one summer as well. Very mobile, finishing alley's etc. Referee's and coaching schemes can take a player that looks great in free-flowing summer basketball and lock him all up once official games begin. Overthinking.

If you'd like a second opinion, just ask G-Bear. He's quite impressed with JE's tools.

T

Kids do dumb stuff

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Steamed broccoli smells.

T

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      My farts stink!

cold, when was this scrimmage? Is there any way I could get three hours notice in advance so I could drive down to catch a scrimmage/pick-up and not waste the drive time of two hours each way?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Summer pick-up is very elusive. I stopped by Koch Arena many times when I was in the area in order to get lucky once. They play after they lift. It used to be a more fixed "schedule" but this year it's all over the place. Hitting a pick-up game on the one time you drive in from out of town would be unlikely unless you just came really early and sat in the gym all day. That might be the best bet for someone who has an afternoon off.

T

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Then some days there's actually summer practice (or at least there was in the past). Walk through those practice gym doors and wind up face to face with Marshall barking orders and players puking for a nice red-faced moment.

T

I noticed you haven’t said much about the God Bear. How did AM look?

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      He didn't play. He said Stutz was a giant though, much bigger than him (legit 7'2ish). He also said Stutz knows now what to do with the ball when he's 3 feet from the hole...

T

Trinity Valley Community College big man Jaime Echenique announced his decision to commit to the Wichita State Shockers on Thursday, his head coach Guy Furr tells KAKE-TV. 

The 6-11, 220 pound center from Colombia reminds his coach of Tim Duncan saying he's one of the best big men in junior college basketball right now.

"A lot of upside, tremendous talent as far as soft hands, good touch around the court, around the basket. Like I said he's an outstanding player but he's probably a better person,"

"With his size and his touch and the fact that he's such a good kid it would've honestly, if he would've waited longer it would've been easier to list the schools he couldn't play at,"
    Yuuuuup. This boy's my 2018 Summer Surprise.

Soft hands, nice shooting touch, good timing, solid footwork, 8 foot arms... GTF outta here boys!!!

The one thing I do not know is whether or not he has any brains. He certainly has the physical tools.

T

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zero stars and never evaluated.

"I said, 'Coach, you better warm up the jet, baby, because we got something down here in Tennessee that you need to come see,'" Waterman said. "I felt very good about giving him first dibs on (Dennis) because of our relationship. Coach Marshall is a hell of a coach and I can't wait to see him turn Dexter into something vicious."

Hahahahahahahahahahaahahahah

Dexter Dennis is the greatest hidden gem in the history of hidden gems. How does this guy not get evaluated? What a coup. This kid could play anywhere.

P.S. He's already vicious.

P.S.S. He's the next Shocker going to the NBA (if he keeps shooting 3's like he did). You can take that straight to the bank. Don't try to cash it though. And he's already got the NBA name.

T

Comment

How tall is Chance Moore?

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          6'6. He could be 6'7 but the damn hair makes it nearly impossible to know for sure. He's definitely smaller than you'd imagine in every respect.

T

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          From the photos I have seen of chance especially when compared to the other players his not only on the skinny side in terms of musculature but looks like he has an ultra-light frame on which to build. Doesn't mean he won't be a good player for the Shocks but seems like he will have to get it done wiht finesse and not power.

It's fun rereading old news on players after seeing them in person. Separating the wheat from the B.S. In the old days, Shocker fans would hear lots of B.S. which usually didn't pan out. These days the hype is more aligned with the actual product.

Sit down before I say this Shocker fans: Tekele Cotton the athlete has nothing on Dexter Dennis. And DD is quite a bit taller... Let that sink in.

DD's heart and tenacity is yet to be determined. If he's got the drive... HE GONE!

T

Comment

Gone as going to the League?
          I don't mind a 1 and Done break out year.

Would be great for recruiting.
          ​​

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes.

DD is the epitome of the raw talented athleticism that the NBA craves. He is a non-stop highlight reel. I felt like I needed to drop a 10 spot in an offering plate somewhere after he lifted off. It's high-level entertainment. I don't know how he dunks the ball so hard without breaking his wrist though.

DD is making me quickly forget all about Keyshawn Bryant.

T

Is this Erik's team? Or has Markis persuaded himself to be assertive?

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh Markis... He looks very good at times. Had a nice run going from deep. But he is pressing hard. Still looks a bit unorthodox in traffic. He really needs leg strength. He definitely wasn't the team jokester on this day. The new MM is a tad more mean. This bloke means business. His shot needs to fall with the lights on though. He is a very tall dude.

I guess it can't be Erik's team like it couldn't be Fred's team in year 1 but... Erik has a massive personality and he can back it up. Court side chatter proclaims his shot as "oh so sweet". To say we are deep in the guard category would be an understatement.

T

Thanks for confirming your comments reflect your personal observations of a scrimmage or scrimmages; I asked as my observations are limited to highlight reels made available via the internet. I am surprised that JE is our best 5 at this point in time; I thought AM's year on the bench and practicing with last years squad would give him a head start.

After reading all the relevant posts on Shockernet I remain undecided as to which players will earn starter status and first off the bench by position.

Comment

We are going to lose good players come next year April... Both to NBA and transfers...

Comment

C0|dB|00ded thanks for your eyewitness observations.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                We are going to lose good players come next year April... Both to NBA and transfers...
                You are probably attributing the NBA to MM because we don't have any 5* type of one and done types (you didn't say anything about a 1 and done but someone on here did). I haven't seen him play but I don't doubt that DD is very good but one would have to be the most optimistic person to think he is a one and done player. He could be all AAC and not be a one and done imo.

We very well could have a couple of transfers.

Comment

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We NEED a couple of transfers. If Teddy Buckets has to sit a year and everybody came back, that would be 8 Sophomores in '19-'20. Losing 3 or 4 out of that group would probably be a good thing.
                  Last edited by Aargh; July 14, 2018, 02:20 PM.

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What we really need is a couple guys to take a redshirt, I personally want to see them all succeed here
              Working...
              X