Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C0|db|00ded's Annual Summer Scrimmage Slamma Jamma Extravaganza!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C0|db|00ded's Annual Summer Scrimmage Slamma Jamma Extravaganza!!!

No massive article this time so...

Ask. Me. Anything.

But hurry up as the short term memory ain't like it used to be...

T

...:cool:

Potential starting five?

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Without seeing B-God, Pooh, Burton or Samajae play...

Erik Stevenson, Dexter Dennis, Markis McDuffie, Jaime Echenique, and Teddy Allen (if he is approved). Teddy's replacement would be Rod Brown.

T

Under the radar break out star?

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Echenique's arms.

Seriously. Total board wipers. They need their own Twitter account. He's the best big man on the team.

T

Cold, who you putting in for point?

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Why?

• shock
      shock commented
      Editing a comment
      Why

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Evansville body.

Plus, he had nowhere near the on-court presence of Erik. He kind of does his work quietly. Nothing wrong with that because sometimes that was Fred. But Erik is confident, loud, and finishes VERY well around the bucket. He knows how to use his long arms to their fullest potential. His layups are very difficult to block as he really hooks the ball wide before releasing.

Erik also has a great frame to build on. He's strong and big enough not to get knocked around on the court playing against some serious machines. Torres is going to have to be ultra-crafty in the AAC. I really thought he was a bit bigger.

T

Did you achieve full mast?

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Echenique got the blood really flowing down there. That's a BCS player son (old term that really isn't appropriate but will be understood by the regulars). He'd fit right in on any B12 team. Oh God his arms are all over the place and he knows EXACTLY what to do with the ball within 3 feet of the cup. He is legit 6'11 and has dribbling skills. He even drained a long bomb or two.

Is he 35? Everybody on our team looks 30+ save for Torres. All men.

T

Did you need a moist towel?
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Dexter Dennis.

At one point he couldn't miss a three. Maybe four or five in a row (in a game... dripping with sweat).

He is the most explosive player I have ever seen wear a Shocker uniform. I mean, his dunks are so vicious and superhuman there really are no words. His body is NBA-ready.

Watching an athlete like him put on a show must be what it feels like to be a Cheatin' ChicKUn-****er fan.

P.S. He looks so much like Maurice Evans it scares me.

T

No Torres in the starting five... interesting?

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Torres has a lot of anger - it reminds me of Fred a little. He's very quick too. But he's sooo small. Fred was small too once... still is kinda. But he almost looks out of place on a team full of Captain America's. He's got plenty of skill though. And he even likes to bang. McDuffie almost murdered him on a layup. Welcome to Shocker basketball kid. His passing is sensational but he needs 15-20lbs, like yesterday. He may have a problem defending big, athletic AAC guards. Erik won't have that problem...

T

Preseason D-POY?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know... McDuffie is really physical. I think he still lacks lower body strength though. Rod is a safe pick because he looks like a GD bodybuilder. I mean... dude's gotta be pinning his glutes... positively Joocey (Google it nerds).

T

Of the newbies...who would Cold "posterize" when going to the rack? Haha. :)
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe a couple of the cute white walkon kids. Thankfully they weren't playing.

T

Apparently, Cold wasn't kidding about the short term memory thing.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      I blame it on low-T.

T

If a person asked me to describe this year's crop of players in one word, it would be professionals. Way too slick - way too flashy for a bunch of newcomers. Either we just made a huge step up in skill and IQ over last year or my frame of reference is out of whack.

T

Comment

Time will tell... But after reading your reviews...I too can't wait till the season starts

Comment

Is Teddy Allen a man among boys?
        Livin the dream

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Teddy is an elite player with a big bag of tricks. But one of the top freshmen in the B12 last year did not appear overpowering on the floor. He's skilled, he's very slick, and he is long.

T

How did Udeze look against JE?
        Livin the dream

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't think of them as 1 vs 1. I really came in with no preconceived notions regarding the big men. At the beginning Udeze looked kind of sloppy and out of rhythm. Towards the end he played better. But JE was a big surprise. I'm like "Who the **** is this guy?" And a lot of chatter on the sidelines pertained to him. He's going to be VERY good. He picked up the ball with his feet once utilizing a nifty soccer *gags* move. Evidently he has a lot of that in his past *shudders reminiscing about EO and what could have been had he touched a bball before HS* But make no mistake, he dribbles well, has nice hands around the basket, flushes with authority, and has great timing. This was just one game, but I haven't seen a 6'11 guy show this much skill and promise - this early - in... forever.

T

Is Chance Moore going to be competing for time on the court as a freshman?
        Livin the dream

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Chance is quick and likes to dunk but he didn't really stand out to me. He's much shorter than his bio. 6'6 maybe? He's paper thin too. He's very active on the floor though. For some reason I don't see him defending well. I don't know why that is. Maybe attitude? Cadillac-er?

T

Working...
      X