Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
      Maybe Boatright was about to fire him?
      That actually made me lol. Thank you.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Did 12 year old middle schoolers take over Shockernet?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Oh wait, is Anthony Grant from Louisiana too?
          No, but it would be cooler if he was.

He is actually from Florida and a Dayton Alum. Any other bullshit you want to make up?

Comment

funny-dog-photo-with-caption-dog-jumping-in-sprinkler-its-summer.jpg
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

When's that calibrator due to arrive?

Comment

This is actually quite fun.

It's like Gregg Marshall just got his own #SCOTUSpick, to ratchet up the staff/recruiting.

I agree about Steve DeMeo. That would be my choice.

Donnie Jones served his purpose. I'm pleased with the recent recruiting class.

However, it would be nice if the next guy adds another star to the rankings of the next batch.

Comment

Keelon Lawson has been offered college jobs this year, but "none from High Majors" (according to ESPN's Memphis station). I think he'd make a great third assistant here, and open the gates to his sons Chandler and Johnathan.

After all..... USC is doin it with their most recent hire...

Keelon also has deep Memphis ties from coaching for years in the city. Recently served on Pastner and Tubby Smith's Memphis staffs. Of course the beauty of that hire is that Kansas is hot and heavy after Chandler.

https://twitter.com/JohnMartin929/st...17238023049216

John Martin‏Verified account @JohnMartin929 Jun 25
                  Keelon Lawson just said on the show several D1 schools have reached out to him in the last several days about being a third assistant.
                  Last edited by StunningSteve; July 9, 2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

This is exactly what Assistant Coaches do. They come, stick around for a short time, and they leave sometimes for HC jobs or what they perceive as a better deal.

And as far as anyone knows, this could have perhaps been a mutual decision.

Comment

Jones never seemed comfortable on the bench. Actually, none of the assistants looked comfortable on the bench.

Comment

This isn’t terrible timing. We only have one open scholarship for next season, so him leaving doesn’t hurt recruiting that much.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                          ShockTalk commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The "timing couldn't be better" is pretty subjective. From a recruiting standpoint, sure, that statement works.

However, when you consider 89% of your floor minutes from last year is gone, 3 of your 6 returning players were a RS freshman and 2 walk-on freshmen, 4 of those 6 players combined for 66 minutes of game time, 10 new players including 7 freshmen, 2 JUCOs, and a sophomore transfer with a little D-I experience that probably won't be playing this year, that's a ton of teaching/coaching to be done. Now you compound that by having the Head Coach and 1 remaining assistant having to teach 2 new assistants the system as well (one who has yet to be hired). At least the one hired assistant is very familiar with Marshall and at least with some of the system.

The positive to the coaching situation is that the 2 assistants that are gone were probably more recruiters and Xs and Os guys.

• Topshock
                          Topshock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ShockTalk The positive to the coaching situation is that the 2 assistants that are gone were probably more recruiters and Xs and Os guys.

This along with not much recruiting for next year is exactly why the timing couldn't be better.

• ShockTalk
                          ShockTalk commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Topshock, you repeat what I've already said in my first statement and last sentence. Please feel free to comment on the larger middle part of the post.

Supposedly, two weeks after he accepted our position Grant offered him a Dayton spot. He said no he couldn't do that to HCGM. had the offers come in at the same time, he would have gone with his pal Grant.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

No, but it would be cooler if he was.

He is actually from Florida and a Dayton Alum. Any other bullshit you want to make up?
                          lol what bullshit did I make up again?

So defensive.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So are we replacing 2 assistant coaches for this coming season? Or did we already replace the Sunrise coach that went with Pitino???
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Stickboy46
                              Stickboy46 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I believe Tyson Waterman was the first replacement.

• 1972Shocker
                              1972Shocker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes and Yes.

Gregg will need coaching help. 10 newbies! Not all will be D1 studs.

Comment

Working...
                            X