No announcement yet.

Donnie Jones leaving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn’t think that Dayton would be paying more than we do. I would guess we would be in the same range. Something tells me there is more to this story than money.

Comment

I am neither pessimistic or optimistic about any of this round of defections/developments. Either we get to witness the reloading of a powerful team, or some Sportscenter worthy **** show meltdowns. It’ll be fun either way.

Comment

Good. I want that Juco coach that took over for Forbes

Edit:Steve DeMeo
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I don't believe these changes surprise HCGM; I bet he isn't sitting somewhere and reading about this on twitter. I agree with pinstripers; if he really felt he couldn't get by with a replacement, he'd make sure they stayed. He may not want them to leave, but he realizes this is how the coaching game is played and wishes them well.

Comment

Donnie was a nice gentleman and I wish him well. Having said that, he was only here one season, so it’s tough to tell how much of an impact he has truly made.

I know he has great recruiting ties, but as you heard from all the late signings, it was Marshall who was the closer. There are lots of great setup guys out there, but they are nothing without a closer coming out of the bullpen to finish the job.

What will be interesting is will they hire another recruiter-type, or bring in a schematic-Xs and Os-type.
            The Assman

Comment

According to Taylor he just believes it's a case of someone wanting to go coach with one of his best friends

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• BOBB
                  BOBB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Where are the band, orchestra, and backup singers hiding for this "Live" performance?

One other thing to add: Working for Gregg Marshall is undoubtedly not unlike playing for Gregg Marshall - you better bring your lunchbox every single day.

T

...:cool:
                Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; July 9, 2018, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                  I wouldn’t think that Dayton would be paying more than we do. I would guess we would be in the same range. Something tells me there is more to this story than money.
                  Yeah, going from WSU to Dayton isn't a move up or even a parallel move. This has all the earmarks of a "you can't fire me, I quit" moment.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

This may be a good thing...

Because now Gregg Marshall has to recruit against Dan Hurley and Penny Hardaway...

Penny and Hurley are leading for guys like James Wiseman and Precious Achiuwa...

If Gregg could bring in a high energy recruiter that can secure similar recruits, that'd be just what the Dr. ordered.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Sam Axe
                        Sam Axe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This video brings back memories, painful memories of what was a low point, maybe the lowest in American culture.

• BOBB
                        BOBB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        At least these guys pretended to play live.

I dont know anything either, so I will make something up also.

Gregg apparently told Donnie he was leaving after this season, so Donnie wanted to go somewhere he could win because he thinks WSU will suck again when Gregg leaves.

Comment

• OregonShocker
                        OregonShocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's not made up at all!

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      I dont know anything either, so I will make something up also.

Gregg apparently told Donnie he was leaving after this season, so Donnie wanted to go somewhere he could win because he thinks WSU will suck again when Gregg leaves.
                      Dayton ain’t winning anytime either, dumbass.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Dayton ain’t winning anytime either, dumbass.
                        Lol. Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Lol. Sure.
                          Oh wait, is Anthony Grant from Louisiana too?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                          X