Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wuzee
    Originally posted by 1979Shocker
    Rags with a 3....56-43 shox. EO, Baker check in....Eo with a great board and put back...he is also altering shots on the other end
    dude ... are you getting your twitter updates through the radio? ;)
    Yeah, it seemed like it. I started late and was just trying to catch up with the posts. I guess I should have just skipped all the earlier tweets and let them go.

Comment

Stats:

Hall with 16, White with 13. Stutz 14, Smith 10, Rags 8, Baker 9, EO 8 (3 blocks) Dwill 10, Hall 8 boards, EO 8 boards
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

This tweet during the game sounds like Toure' probably has the bug.

....(EO's stomach much better today, lil bug going around)

Comment

NIce win.

Tijuca didn't have their 2 bigs. We didn't have Toure'.

I wonder what the story is on Toure'? Hope he's not injured. Maybe he was sick or something.
          There was mention of a stomach bug going around (that apparently EO had earlier), so maybe it was that.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

NIce win.

Tijuca didn't have their 2 bigs. We didn't have Toure'.

I wonder what the story is on Toure'? Hope he's not injured. Maybe he was sick or something.

Yup. Need update here.

Comment

Shocks poured it on in the 3rd quarter, outscoring Tijuca 36-9.

Comment

I realize Tijuca's front court was badly overmatched by WSU, but Orukpe's game seems encouraging. He's pretty much been his own worst enemy. If he can overcome that, most Valley front-court players will be badly 0ver-matched against him.

If he can go for 8 and 8 with some blocks in Valley play, I will be a happy Shocker fan.

I don't know if it's possible to read anything into what's happened in Brazil, but I'm starting to get the feeling that there aren't going to be enough minutes to go around for all the players who could get some on a team with less depth.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                  I realize Tijuca's front court was badly overmatched by WSU, but Orukpe's game seems encouraging. He's pretty much been his own worst enemy. If he can overcome that, most Valley front-court players will be badly 0ver-matched against him.

If he can go for 8 and 8 with some blocks in Valley play, I will be a happy Shocker fan.

I don't know if it's possible to read anything into what's happened in Brazil, but I'm starting to get the feeling that there aren't going to be enough minutes to go around for all the players who could get some on a team with less depth.
                  That's always been the hope with EO. The physical gifts are off the charts with that size. If his skills even get to low D-2 level he will dominate. I don't want to turn this thread into an EO love/hate festival, so I will just end by saying he still has a lot of work to do.

Agree that you can't tell much from these games, but it's at least encouraging that the new guys have some game. I'm excited to see Cotton, Baker, Wessel, white, and Ede develop over the next several years. I think we have some real talent in that class.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Damn it!!!!!.....we gave up 61????

Comment

Good news is he's getting some playing time. He really needs that to improve.

Comment

If this team doesn't get a double-double out of the center position every night, the program should be disbanded.

Comment

What time is game 2 today? I hope they have their post players back for it.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                            What time is game 2 today? I hope they have their post players back for it.

7 p.m. our time.
                            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                            X