Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Former Shockers currently pulling down a mill in the Association...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Former Shockers currently pulling down a mill in the Association...

Pinch me. When's the last time that happened? Feel free to adjust for inflation.

It's a great day...

T

...:cool:

Early/mid 90s with X, Cliff, and AC?

Checkout the latest stats of Cliff Levingston. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, shoots, school and more on Basketball-Reference.com

Checkout the latest stats of Antoine Carr. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, shoots, school and more on Basketball-Reference.com

Checkout the latest stats of Xavier McDaniel. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, shoots, school and more on Basketball-Reference.com
    78-65

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      91-92 and 94-95 (barely thx to inflation adj.) That's it. This should put the current era in perspective.

T

Landry $5.1 million; Fred $18 million and Ron $4.8 . That's nearly $29 million guaranteed!

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Landry $5.1 million; Fred $18 million and Ron $4.8 . That's nearly $29 million guaranteed!
      Don't forget where you were made boys!! (or your bestest friend Shock Top :))
      The Assman

Comment

Should be four......, but that's okay.

I hope said player gets another chance to prove himself and not squander it.
        The Assman

Comment

• Windiwu
          Windiwu commented
          Editing a comment
          I fear the fourth one has already squandered his window of opportunity. I don't think from watching him in gleague that his knee has ever fully recovered.

We've got a 4th on the current Shocker roster. And he just may be a white boy...

T

Comment

• choida
          choida commented
          Editing a comment
          The 3 in the league mentioned above are also white or blend of

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          So true choida; unless you're from Iceland, we're all a bit of a blend.

T

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        We've got a 4th on the current Shocker roster. And he just may be a white boy...

T

so they said about Austin Reaves. I’ll reserve my judgement.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL!

Who on earth said that? AR wasn't going to sniff the NBA even if he shot 100% from three. Never mind his sloth-footedness, they would break his body on day one.

T

• Downtown Shocker Brown
          Downtown Shocker Brown commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m confused. Are we talking about Austin Reeves or Steph Curry?
          Last edited by Downtown Shocker Brown; July 3, 2018, 12:15 PM.

Austin Reaves hate thread begins

Comment

At this point in early July and with a ass-ton of new guys coming into the program I predict a sunshine-pump of no less than 4 future NBA'ers on the current roster.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I love this form.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Watch out for the newcomer from Washington or Oregon. That is my prediction.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, that is who I am referring to specifically. Erik Stevenson. I need to get his accurate measurements though. If he is really 6'2, then I may demur unless he proves he can be a top 5 college PG AND continue to hit those long balls. But I put the odds of ES stealing the PG duties away from Ricky Torres at about 60-1.

His main competition for NBA dollas on this team will be Dexter Dennis. None of our big guys stick out to me as NBA caliber yet... which is sad.

Teddy Buckets could wind up an All-American but he won't reach the NBA.

T

I look at the fact the Toure Murry had a cup on coffee in the NBA and think we have a roster of guys that will probably grow up to be on par with him. Not sure a cup of coffee gets you much other than some cool pictures to hang on the wall and some good stories for the kids down the road. If they're aspiring to really get paid, you better really be a special player.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                Toure' endured an incredibly hard journey. I don't know many players that could have stayed the course like he did. He also developed a PG game after leaving WSU if my memory serves.

T

Ron Baker might best be known as a casualty of a poster dunk... Time will tell

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                Ron is one tough S.O.B.

T

Some of you measurement aficionado's probably know this but the NBA measures height with shoes on. Landry was only measured as 6'4 while at WSU but the NBA draft night (Jay Bilas and company) had him at 6'5.5" or maybe 6'5.25" (taller than 6'5 anyway).

Comment

we're doing our guys a disservice if this is the case. We need to list them per NBA measurements.

Comment

Working...
              X