New NCAA APR Regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NCAA APR Regulations

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

If your school has a 4 yr APR below 930, your team cannot participate in the NCAA tournament.

Schools of note that would not have been allowed to participate this year:

The Ohio State University
    Syracuse University

Don't forget K-State.

SWOMO could also be in trouble if they don't get it turned around, but they don't really have to worry about the NCAA tournament.

Comment

I dont know where they got Ohio State. List I saw has them listed at 952.

Also, how does Kansas and Texas score perfect with the one and dones, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown

That might be their Yearly APR.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Here's the link for those of us not looking at this on a wireless device.

Connecticut, with an APR of 930 in May 2010, was eligible to compete and win a national championship. But as of May 2011, the Huskies' APR dropped to 893. If the new Mendoza line was in place, UConn would not be able to defend its title.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown

I was wondering that myself.

I seem to recall from baseball discussions, that an exception is made for those who leave early to play the sport professionally. I know the BCS schools were begging for that because of all the baseball players who leave after their Jr year.

I'm not certain that was ever adopted, but if KU has a 1000 in basketball, it seems it would have to be that way.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
            X