No announcement yet.

Rafter Material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone pitch a case for rafters vs HOF. Cause I'm not seeing it.

Comment

I have not been to Kock in over 35 years and don't know whose Jerseys are hung. Are there any 2 year players? If so any freshman/sophomores?

Another question, which Shocker has the best NBA career?

Comment

Has anyone heard anything on Cle lately? News about him has been scarce

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
          I have not been to Kock in over 35 years and don't know whose Jerseys are hung. Are there any 2 year players? If so any freshman/sophomores?

Another question, which Shocker has the best NBA career?
          Not in Koch, not sure about Kock? :)
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I’d like to see a banner for our undefeated season

Comment

Landry, for all his contributions to the program, probably should not be in the rafters. He doesn't leave any lasting contribution to the program a la Ron, Fred, and Cle (Final Four, undefeated season). He did continue to push the brand and the program further, and should be praised accordingly. He is an outstanding citizen and the epitome of what you look for in terms of character in a student-athlete. But his name should not be in the rafters.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

If Landry didn't get hurt his Freshman year .. I think all 3 of Ron, Fred and Landry would be in the rafters already ... next to a banner ...

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  If Landry didn't get hurt his Freshman year .. I think all 3 of Ron, Fred and Landry would be in the rafters already ... next to a banner ...
                  I think about that way more than I should. That had the opportunity to be such a dynamic group, and Landry's shooting would have provided a shot in the arm, especially in terms of shooting, that we didn't have for most of the year. That group could have gone to a regional final and beyond.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Landry would basically be playing the part of Austin Reeves in that scenario. A serious upgrade for sure!

T

...:cool:

fred van vleet (four year player, all-time assists leader) absolutely (!) belongs up in the rafters. right there with cliff, x, stallworth et al. fred made a mockery of many established programs in the ncaa tournament. 'still miss him.

shamet? no way. 'much as i liked him, his last look was telegraphing slow-ass passes against minnie mouse marshall. best shooter i've ever seen at wichita state, got him a first round draft notice, but no.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    I’d like to see a banner for our undefeated season
                    Undoubtedly. It is a shame we don't have one. Instead, perhaps our best season in the history of our program, looks just like a 2nd round finish. Doesn't do service for what that season was.

Comment

I think to make the rafters you gotta make a huge impact on the college or pro level or combo of both

Comment

I think that we should give this decision some time and just wish Landry well in the NBA. This is the time to celebrate his accomplishment.

While he hasn't achieved the stature of Fred and Ron, here at WSU. His goals were different and college wasn't his highest goal. Thus, he was willing to bypass Senior night and leave after two years. The year that Landry redshirted, I felt that it was very shortsighted,and that he could have helped us in the NCAA Tournament. I wish he would have played. Let's give the decision to put Landry into posterity at WSU 5 years or so. Some opinions may change between then and now.

Comment

Cleanthony Early definitely belongs. He was the best player on the two best teams in school history.

Comment

Originally posted by washedup View Post
                            Cleanthony Early definitely belongs. He was the best player on the two best teams in school history.
                            I believe Cle was the biggest threat on two of the best teams in school history. It's hard to compare teams from different eras. I'd put Dave, AC, and X definitely ahead of him by a good margin. They also played against tougher conference teams than Cle's. I do think he had more weapons than Cliff. What Cle did the best was shine the brightest, against the toughest of teams on the biggest stage when the opposition was gunning for him. Those reasons outweigh that he only played 2 years, so I agree, he belongs with this group as well as Fred and probably Ron.

Comment

I'd take Cle over Landry and I wouldn't take Cle. Fred definitely belongs up there. Maybe Ron.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                              X