Under Armour Uniforms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Armour Uniforms?

Does anybody have an idea of when our contract with Nike is officially up? I’m looking forward to seeing what our new Under Armour uniforms will look like and didn’t know if there was a timetable on this. I thought it was usually later in the summer when uniforms were revealed but Adidas just came out with new uniform designs for ECU so that got me wondering. Thanks.
    Last edited by JKLshocker; June 13, 2018, 09:56 PM.

Last edited by JKLshocker; June 13, 2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Last year was the last year for Nike.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        Last year was the last year for Nike.
        I know. I just wasn’t sure if it officially ended July 1st or something along those lines, or when we could expect to see UA’s designs...if anybody knows.

Comment

Reading the article tells us that they are staggering the sports based on previous agreements.

‘Men’s basketball will remain with Nike through the 2018-19 season.’

Comment

• JKLshocker
          JKLshocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang. I thought I read somewhere that it ended after the 2017-18 season but I guess not.

• Shock Top
          Shock Top commented
          Editing a comment
          One article said this season, and another (later article) said after this upcoming season.

I forget about the later one myself too.

• Shock Top
          Shock Top commented
          Editing a comment
          Then the WSU website announced it would start year also, so who knows I guess!!

Yeah I thought last year was it for Nike.

Comment

From January. Eagle explaining no names on back of jerseys was due in large part to last season bring last with Nike.

Comment

WSU doesn’t do new uni reveals, like most other schools where basketball is a priority. Who knows why not. One of the areas where we are still 100% mid-major.

Comment

Or maybe it’s just not very important to our coach what the uniforms look like...
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Or maybe it’s just not very important to our coach what the uniforms look like...
                Thats not a coach thing, its an athletic department thing/PR thing.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                  ShockdaWorld commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m sure if he wanted to do a reveal, he’d be told no.

• Shock Top
                  Shock Top commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Coach is all for PR, branding, and getting the WSU name out there. It’s great for the program.

Just like coach isn’t in charge of game day production in CKA, he doesn’t control the media aspect of the AD.

• SHOCKvalue
                  SHOCKvalue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know people occupy such slots, and are happy to accept the checks, but I’m not sure there’s really anyone in the AD actually taking up the task of media and PR in any meaningful way. They could give Benji the dog a bio on the website, a job title, and a check, and I’m not sure we would really see much of a change.

#PrivateSectorGonnaEatAFewOfYouADBumsAliveSomeday

#LongcatHashtag

Out of your league on this one.

Again.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shock Top
                  Shock Top commented
                  Editing a comment
                  30k count: 4!

• ShockdaWorld
                  ShockdaWorld commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, you’re right. Forgot to ask your opinion coach. Go back to your mom’s basement...oh, wait...

• ShockerFever
                  ShockerFever commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Don't get mad at me because of your idiocy.

Oh, and let's come back with something from this century.

If that’s true (which I don’t think it is, personally) then he’s terribly tone-deaf on an issue that (regardless of our ages and personal takes) is of high interest to today’s recruits.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                  ShockTalk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, yes, sort of. I believe Caesar found out he had limits.

Actually, when the unis come out is pretty low on my needs scale, so I was just stirring the pot. However, if there is importance on early announcement of unis, I am a little surprised that's considered as "being held back" by whom ever decides those things.

• ShockdaWorld
                  ShockdaWorld commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, that’s what I said...that you were criticizing Marshall and what he could or couldn’t d...where are you pulling this stuff out of?

• ShockerFever
                  ShockerFever commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ShockdaWorld is all fluff.

And yes SV is right on the money with this. The Marshall is Infallible Crowd is rearing his ugly head. The guy is a legend and I want him at WSU forever. That doesn't mean he knows everything about everything or is incapable of making mistakes. And the one second someone says that about him, you are then anti-WSU or anti-Marshall. ShockdaWorld is quite the tool.

I seem to remember this from a few years back.

Comment

If it's as some think and the contract with Nike runs through July 1, wouldn't we expect any uniform reveals to be AFTER July 1? I doubt contractually there could be any mention/talk/planning of anything until after that date.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    If it's as some think and the contract with Nike runs through July 1, wouldn't we expect any uniform reveals to be AFTER July 1? I doubt contractually there could be any mention/talk/planning of anything until after that date.
                    It’s the basketball forum; a sport that won’t start again for nearly six months, but yet we talk about it year-round.
                    Last edited by SHOCKvalue; June 15, 2018, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• jdshock
                      jdshock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't think he's asking people to avoid talking about it. I think he's just explaining the lack of news.

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      jdshock, I was playing with SHOCKvalue, but he edited his original post later. I don't remember what he posted first.

• SHOCKvalue
                      SHOCKvalue commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry about that. Edited for clarity, and to take some sarcasm out of it.
                  Working...
                  X