Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BkDCOmCH...y=worldwidejay

After looking at the photo does anyone still think Chance Moore is 6-9? I'm thinking redshirt candidate at least from a stand point of who most needs to work on his body.
    Let's put 6-9 to rest. I sat next to Chance at Shocker Madness, seen him at numerous games. He is nowhere near 6-9. I would even say 6-7 is a stretch.

Comment

• Aargh
      Aargh commented
      Editing a comment
      You need to measure to the top of his hair. Easy 6'9" (in shoes).

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Let's take a look at him.....he is 6'5", with the Afro 6'9"......pretty good dribbler.

• N Crestway
      N Crestway commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like Moore is leaning away from the camera...note post right behind him. Cagey move to make himself look shorter by a couple of inches.

latest?cb=20150825183133&path-prefix=protagonist.jpg
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Midtgaard, Udeze, Echineque at the 5
      McDuffie and Brown at the 4.
      Haynes-Jones, Torres, and Stevenson at the guard spots.

There red will be a 9th player that distinguished himself.
      Just a hunch...but Dexter Dennis might have something to say about this.
      78-65

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
        ShockdaWorld commented
        Editing a comment
        As might Burton

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Just a hunch...but Dexter Dennis might have something to say about this.
      Nah. He only mentioned eight players. Two or more likely, three more players will be in the rotation to begin the year at the guard and forward spots. Moore, Dennis, Burton, and Allen if he is eligible will most likely be candidates for those positions.

Comment

Originally posted by shelback View Post

Let's put 6-9 to rest. I sat next to Chance at Shocker Madness, seen him at numerous games. He is nowhere near 6-9. I would even say 6-7 is a stretch.
        I am willing wager a considerable amount of currency that Mr. Moore will be presenting a totally different pose when having his picture taken next year. Just a strong hunch that it will be more representative of what the head man in charge prefers when his players are in the public light.

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• shock
          shock commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats not how you spell Jamarius Burton

Asbjorn and Stutz working together. Awesome!

Comment

• BOBB
          BOBB commented
          Editing a comment
          Appears Stutz has a couple of inches on the God Bear.

You can’t tell height from digital photos. Garrett has gotten BIG though!
        Livin the dream

Comment

• N Crestway
          N Crestway commented
          Editing a comment
          Stutz doesn't look remotely like the kid who self destructed against VCU.

Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
        Asbjorn and Stutz working together. Awesome!
        And I hope he learns exactly nothing from him.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Not a fan of his game - plain and simple. Never have been. If he wants to give him pointers on personal finance that is fine. He can keep the rest of the tips to himself as far as I'm concerned.

T

• Wuzee
          Wuzee commented
          Editing a comment
          I watched when Paul Miller came back to campus all cut up after a couple of years in pro ball. He absolutely brutalized Garrett in pickup games -- to the extent that he got frustrated and walked off the court. I suspect the same sort of thing is going on right now with Garrett and Asbjorn. Pros know things that college guys don't. I'm sure he's passing that knowledge along.

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          While I rarely could be called out for embellishing...................................... ...............

............................................. my comment on Garrett was for effect. I hope Bear God is miles beyond Garrett at the same point in his career (I suspect he's not though). Stutz was a MONSTER... at the line. Other than that, he had perfected the art of the fadetoward (not to be confused with the fadeaway a la Miller). Stutz would fade toward the rim finishing about 3 feet short with amazing consistency. Oh don't bring those memories back to me. They need to remain repressed along with Kampman and White's...

Is there something Stutz could teach Midtgaard that would translate to Play Angry after a few years in the FiFi Euro league? Heh...

P.S. Paul Miller was twice the player Stutz was with respect to coordination and athleticism. What you (and I) saw that fateful summer was Miller with the demon of FiFi exercised from him. It was a magnificent thing to watch. A pure beast.

T

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; June 21, 2018, 02:47 PM.

Everyone should be excited about the future, and anxious to see these new guys get after it, and I have no doubt they will in fact get after it.

But I hope not too many of you expect improvement over the last 7 seasons or so....this is going to be a challenging season, at a minimum. Or maybe you just haven't seen these guys play yet.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          All I'm expecting is Play Angry - nothing more and nothing less. If Play Angry is absent... something is wrong. Something was definitely wrong last year.

Play Angry has nothing to do with shooting percentages or wins/losses; it's that frenetic, hair-on-fire, leave it all on the floor effort that we as Shocker fans have grown accustomed.

T

• Walker
          Walker commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it will really benefit us having that underdog mentality once again. There will definitely be some rough patches but I think coach is as passionate as ever and you just know that's going to shine through in this next group of guys.

I've got a suspicion that McDuffie is going to rebound and have a phenomenal senior season. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised after it's all said and done at season's end.

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Depends on which of the last seven seasons you're talking about, Doc. All they have to do is REACH the tournament, and there's a chance to improve, in one sense, on a couple of them.

mr-spock-youre-the-most-cold-blooded-man-ive-ever-know-why-thank-you-doctor-quote-1.jpg
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It’s a digital photo and you can’t judge height properly...I know it’s been said and someone will probably say it again. But here is a recent photo the ES posted. If Godbear is truly 7’0 and Echnique (think that’s him 2nd from left) is truly 6’11, McDuffie looks every bit of 6’9 and Udeze May have grew a few inches. This team is huge. And Rod Brown did nothing but hit the gym his redshirt year.

Comment

• wufan
            wufan commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you nailed it.

• 1972Shocker
            1972Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it might be Burton then Dennis on the right but those two perhaps should be used as bookends.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 24, 2018, 10:32 AM.

• Walker
            Walker commented
            Editing a comment
            Rod Brown has got some guns. Dude could darn near have a field artillery battery with those. I think he’s going to be our next junkyard dog coach relies on. I feel bad for the poor soul that ever makes him mad.

No Pooh Bear sitings yet?

Comment

When is Ricky Torres due?
            Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

1972Shocker I think you are in fact correct. I had Dennis and Burton swapped. Just ran accross this...Dennis showing showing off the bunnies.

So ready for college basketball. Guess I’ll have to settle for watching Shamet in summer league in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
                1972Shocker I think you are in fact correct. I had Dennis and Burton swapped. Just ran accross this...Dennis showing showing off the bunnies.

So ready for college basketball. Guess I’ll have to settle for watching Shamet in summer league in the meantime.
                Some serious air there, and he ain’t skinny!
                Livin the dream

Comment

• pinstripers
                  pinstripers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had the same kinda physique when I graduated high school sorta.

• Shocker1976
                  Shocker1976 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You had two arms and two legs?
              Working...
              X