Starting Line-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Line-Up

Was wondering what everyone thinks our starting line-up will be this year.

My guess:

C- Stutz
    PF - Hall
    SF - Smith
    SG - Murry
    PG - Ragland

Line change:

C - Orukpe
    PF - White
    SF - Egharvba
    SG - Kyles
    PG - Williams

That looks good.

If they substitute 5 players, who goes in for Hall?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
      That looks good.

Sorry, i was playing with the idea that Coach would possibly hold him back for the second line to have an offensive experienced forward with that group.

Comment

That looks good.

Anacreon.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
          That looks good.

Sorry, i was playing with the idea that Coach would possibly hold him back for the second line to have an offensive experienced forward with that group.
          Okay, maybe later on in the season when they find someone else that can step up, then maybe they can.

Comment

C- Stutz
            F - Hall
            F - Smith
            SG - Murry
            PG - Ragland

2nd Line

C - Orukpe
            F - White
            F - Anacreon
            SG - Kyles
            PG - Williams

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
              That looks good.

Anacreon.
              I like having Anacreon, but I hope its White. Would make me feel much better going forward.

Anyone rumoring that Stutz might redshirt this year? (Joking)

I just dont like our depth in the post. I hope Anacreon surprises me. I really hope Orukpe surprises me, its time for him to have it or not have it. Need to get him minutes and get him the ball. But what if he still isnt ready? What does that do to the lineup?

Anacreon at C?

Comment

5-Stutz
                4-Hall
                3-Murry
                2-Kyles
                1-Ragland

P-Anacreon
                W-Smith
                G-Williams

Comment

Re: Starting Line-Up

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                  Was wondering what everyone thinks our starting line-up will be this year.

My guess:

C- Stutz
                  PF - Hall
                  SF - Smith
                  SG - Murry
                  PG - Ragland

I agree with this starting lineup. I will reiterate that Demetric Williams will be one of the 10-20 best back up point guards in the country.

The only reason he won't start is because Ragland is a total stud.

Comment

I don't think things will be nearly so clear as a starting lineup and a 2nd 5. Of course, the quality of the opponent will dictate who and how much time will be seen.

In most competitive games, I expect Hall to be backing up the 5 ahead of EO. So, if GS can play around 25 minutes, expect Hall to see 10 minutes (more if GS has foul trouble). In this situation, Hall would play about 20 minutes at the 4 with JA and White splitting or a toss up for the remaining time to start the season. The timing of substitutions will be the tricky part. If EO plays better than I expect...great! It will help everyone.

Ragland plays the bulk at the 1 with DWill as his backup this year (hopefully we will not need Murry here). Depending on DWill's progress will determine how much time he'll see at the 1 and/or 2. Murry will start, it just may be a question of where...2 or 3. Nevertheless, short of any of the SG/SF seniors backsliding, they will get the bulk of the minutes with Murry playing both positions.

Comment

I think it remains to be seen whether EO will be 1st in for Garrett. I would be very happy if he has progressed to the point that 3G has that kind of confidence in him.

However, I could see James Anacreon coming in for Garrett with Carl moving over to the 5. Garrett would then rotate back in for Carl and then Carl for James.

That would leave EO for sopping up foul trouble minutes.

Again hope he has progressed far enough to be the 1st in but he had a long way to go to get to that point.

If James can defend the 3 we have the flexibility to go big (Stutz, Hall/White and Anacreon on the front line together).

We also have a lot of flexiblity to put a pretty formidable small lineup on the court. Hall, Anacreon, Ben/Ede/Evan, Toure/David/D-Will, Rags/D-Will.

A lot of possible combinations to respond to and create match-up issues.

I thinking we will redshirt 1 or 2 more young'uns this year (in addition to Ron) and we have a few candidates for that also. Really just about any of the freshman would be possibilites. It will depend on how they perform in pracitce and where we need the depth. If I had to venture a guess I would say Tekele for sure. Jake probably plays due to the need for depth in the frontcourt. Are Evan and Ede competing to see who plays and who redshirts? If Anacreon can not handle the three then probably both Evan and Ede will play.

My depth chart (assuming Anacreon can handle some time at the 3):

5 - Stutz, Hall, Orupke
                      4 - Hall, Anacreon, White
                      3 - Smith, Wessel/Egharvba, Anacreon(?)
                      2 - Murry, Kyles, Wessel/Egharvba
                      1 - Ragland, Williams
                      Walkons - Walker, Vautravers
                      D-1 Transfer - Armstead
                      Redshirts - Cotton, Baker, Wessel/Egharvba(?)

If 3 freshman reshirt that give us 11 active scholarship players. Last year we had 10 scholarship players abosrbing 98.3% of the minutes.

Considering I have only seen 7 of these guys play (excluding the walk-ons) this is about as speculative as you can get and pretty uninformed at best.

Comment

Armstead will be a redshirt because he has to

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                          Armstead will be a redshirt because he has to
                          That's right, my bad. Corrected.

Comment

C - Stutz/Hall/Ehimen
                            PF - Hall/White/Anaceron
                            SF - Kyles/Smith/Ede/Wessel/Anaceron
                            SG - Murray/Kyles/DWill/Wessel/Cotton
                            PG - Rags/DWill/Murray/Cotton

RS - Armstead/Baker/Cotton/Wessel - I don't think we can redshirt both Ede and Evan. I don't like the idea of redshirting both Evan and Tekele, but that may actually happen. There's so much depth on the perimeter that it doesn't make a lot of sense not to redshirt them and essentially wasting a year. Of course, whatever happens in Brazil can change all of this.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

With the lineups I've seen in this thread, I think White is going to surprise a lot of people. He had a monster Sr season.

If Orukpe is capable of being the backup for Stutz, then I'm going to raise my prediction for the Shox from 3rd in the Valley to 1st.

The reference to Ancreon as a "wing forward" is what I think led to the belief he might get time at SF. His JuCo coach refers to him as a "pure PF", so only time will tell what's shaking out there.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X