If Allen gets A Waiver From The NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Allen gets A Waiver From The NCAA

That would seriously impact the Shox look next season. Let's try a lineup.

1 - Torres - Doesn't know the system, but is an experienced PG
    2 - Stevenson - His attitude gives him the "way too early" edge at this spot
    3 - Allen - Teddy "Buckets" can score without using any "system". Puts a whole new spin on Torres at PG and nobody solid in the system first semester.
    4 - McDuffie - Potentially a true stretch 4, who does pretty good with offensive boards and second-chance points.
    5 - Midtgaard- Physically imposing on D and sets solid screens. Probably learned a little more than we saw last year.

That's 1 Sr, 1 Jr, 2 So's, and only 1 Fr.

The screening game could get to be an impromptu, on the spot, type of game when the wheels come off the intricacies of the system plays. It's not hard to see where Midtgaard is on the court, and Stevenson, Torres, and especially Allen can use that big body to get a step. If Allen gets a step, he's in layup drill mode.

There are a lot of newcomers we're not that familiar with. Burton and Dennis are major unknowns compared to some of the rest. Brown is another mystery player. I put Stevenson in there because he has an attitude that will go a long way in practices.

I think Moore could easily be the SF, moving Allen to SG.

Might want to close your eyes when the Shox are on the defensive end, but that was kind of the case last year.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

I guess Samaje will have to come off the bench

Comment

Rod Brown should be the early leader at the 3 just from time in the system.

Comment

• Aargh
        Aargh commented
        Editing a comment
        Reports from last year indicated he was having trouble with his jumper. If he struggles from the field, he's ZBrown without the D. Brown is a big unknown. If his shooting has improved he's a starter early.

• AndShock
        AndShock commented
        Editing a comment
        Zach Brown was Zach Brown without the D.

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Zach's injury hurt his D much more than we imagined last year.

If SHJ isn’t starting then I really wish we would’ve used his scholly to take a shot with a freshman.

Comment

Got a feeling the starting line-up may resemble a revolving door til the start of Conference play and perhaps beyond.

Comment

If SHJ is starting then I fear it could be a long season. I like the kid and applaud him for sticking with it, but hope he's not our best option at point guard.

Comment

SHJ starting would mean we will be flirting with our first below .500 season in a decade.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Wrong
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic in hoping that anxiety was the root of all of SHJ's problems and it's been fixed. I don't think anyone questions SHJ's skills or athleticism, his problem was strictly decision-making. I figured and was kind of hoping that he wouldn't be back next season, but if he wasn't shown the door then I'm assuming the staff has high hopes for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  Wrong
                  I bet you hear that word a lot.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

23 wins and an NCAA tournament next year. Book it.

Comment

Yes. People already weeding out returning players this year with so many inexperienced players coming in doesn’t show very much wisdom. Almost anything could happen and I would expect us to take some lumps.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I bet you hear that word a lot.
                        Good one, Carmichael. Probably your best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post

Good one, Carmichael. Probably your best ever.
                          Is there where you think you're a badass by going back-and-forth with me til you get the last word again, like you did on the AAC board?

I'm thinking so.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Is there where you think you're a badass by going back-and-forth with me til you get the last word again, like you did on the AAC board?

I'm thinking so.
                            Yup. That’s it. You got me. You matter.

Comment

Working...
                            X