No announcement yet.

Kyle Lindsted Transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was he the primary recruiter on? Any concern about recruits backing out?

Comment

I hope this doesn’t impact any of our incoming recruits. The asst coaches are the ones that build the relationship with these kids. Kyle seemed like he had a hand in several of our incoming recruits.

Comment

When Linsted was hired I shook my head in disbelief. Why on earth would we disturb the beautiful deal we had going on at Sunrise. How does it benefit us that we are moving our primary contact from our minor-league affiliate a couple miles up the road where he no longer has day to day influence over our recruits. And who's going to be his replacement. Will it affect our relationship/influence at the academy. And how on earth is KL qualified to join a high-major D1 program. Then it hit me after reading an article written about the hiring. Gregg Marshall merely used his position and power to give a good guy a break making his dreams come true. Now Kyle finds himself with experience and value and will be able to further his career by working under another head coach.

Plus, while I doubt our relationship with the academy changes much, we don't really need to sign and park people down there as much as in the past. Our average quality of recruit has taken a significant step up since joining the AAC. Players are more ready-made than when we were in the Valley.

There is also another theory that may prove to have legs if explored...

Kyle was a very poor shaver.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
          Bye bye pipe line?
          Best of luck to Coach Linstead. He did a good job at WSU and it should help us with Sunrise recriting as Marshall was the one that gave him his opportunity to get to the next level. I have always had an issue wtih the pipe line credit since the only players I can remember that have any affiliation with the Sunrise were
          Rauno Nurger
          Zack Brown
          CJ Keyser
          Isaiah Chandler
          Chance Moore

This is all the kids I can think of that were a part of the program that we have signed. Nurger is the only one that WSU did not have a committment from, besides Keyser, who was off to another school before signing with us. They have had a lot of good players over the years, but Buddy Heild was the only one I really thougtht we missed. I really liked that Ron Baker that was playing for us during the same time period as Buddy. Wish Sunrise well and hope it does turn into a pipe line someday. If not, I think we will be just fine.

Comment

Could we pony up the money needed to lure back Heiar? He was a players’ coach, great recruiter and incredible at skill development.

Comment

• B&Gpassion
              B&Gpassion commented
              Editing a comment
              I wish. We miss him allot. He was a highly key ingredient to our success his entire tenure here.

Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post
            Could we pony up the money needed to lure back Heiar? He was a players’ coach, great recruiter and incredible at skill development.
            They would probably have to offer the Ass Head Coach position to him to even get their toe in the door. :) Might perhaps be well worth it.

Comment

I think it would be worth whatever it takes.

Comment

Would be good to have Heiar back for sure, but I think the cold response on the recruting trail last year would make that situation doubtful. Coach Marshall will get an excellent replacement for this postition.

Comment

With all the assistant coach turnover, I’m sure Marshall already has a guy in mind.

Comment

I hope it’s not Luke Barnwell

Comment

Serious question but how much will the Shox really miss this guy? Pipeline won’t change. Our geographic recruiting area is now tremendously enlarged benefit of the AAC.

Something was not right with the ‘17/18 team. Underperformed and the defense was not up to AAC standards.

IMO, Marshall recognizes what he needs to do to increase talent both form a player and Asst Coaching standpoint.

Best of luck to KL. See you in the tournament .

Comment

I was expecting and anticipating some turnover on the bench.

Linsted seemed to have been hired for the international pipeline he was getting at Sunrise. That didn't happen, with the exception of Midtgaard. The rest of the recruits he was involved with seemed to be because they were assigned to him. He didn't seem to have anything that looked like a recruiting territory or great connections with HS or AAU coaches.

I am neither surprised nor disappointed by this move. Linsted needed experience at the D1 level and Marshall gave that to him. He will probably be replaced with someone with similar D1 experience to what Linsted is leaving with.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

He seemed like a good guy. Didn't seem like he truly fit in however. Coach Marshall did him a solid! Best of luck to him!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Possible replacements:

Kevin Ollie
                            Jeff Lebo
                            Marty Simmons

Obviously I only know recent X-head coaches in two leagues.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Kevin Ollie would be intriguing

Comment

Working...
                              X