No announcement yet.

CJ Keyser Transfering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only one MVC team in post season play. Unbelievable that all this conference can muster is ONE team

If you want a good laugh why UNI fans think the transfers are happening...

Comment

CJ seemed like a great guy and I'll really miss his reactions on the bench. But, you know it's coming...

My hot take: CJ was looking up at some of the freshmen we have coming in. He was a stud athlete but a so-so basketball player. I lost track of how many times CJ completely lost his man on defense, only to scramble and chase him down as the guy would lay it in. His only meaningful minutes came courtesy of SHJ's problems. His 3-point shot sometimes looked like he was throwing a dead bird up against a wall.

His benefits were his apparent A+ attitude, and his ability to jump out of the gym. Unfortunately, smiling and jumping don't win too many games.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

makes it sound like the exodus is over

Comment

Hot take: Dunk contest wide open for 2018!

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
            ShockdaWorld commented
            Editing a comment
            Rod Brown gonna bring the house down. BUT, don’t count out Erik Stevenson. That kids got hops too!!

Perhaps I'm in the minority but i saw a raw athlete with very limited basketball skills. I never understood the fascination with this guy. Just because no one returning was an obstacle for his minutes means he earned playing time or was a good fit. We need to bring in multiple pg's so I'm not surprised and don't think we're done.

Comment

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't think we are done? What?

• Topshock
            Topshock commented
            Editing a comment
            Obviously we have too many 5's still on the roster.

I wouldn't be stunned if shj is in the balance

Comment

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            figured that he would be the first one

UMBC?
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• proshox
            proshox commented
            Editing a comment
            He is the exact opposite version of a player that would fit UMBC’s offense.

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
          Do these players know something we don't in regards to the coaching staff?

Very odd to see a guy with a clear path to becoming a starter for 18/19 like Keyser just up and leaving. Walk-ons leave all the time and Shamet is a first round pick, but CJ leaving is a red flag in my opinion.
          The only Red Flag we know for sure about was the Suspension from playing/suiting up at the beginning of the year. I heard that HCGM was not a happy coach that CJ couldn’t gain valuable game experience that was available because of Markis’ injury before Christmas.

Comment

This is why I try not to get too excited by a recruit's mixtape. I remember seeing that "kiss the rim" video and forgetting there aren't any points scored for kissing the rim. Alas, I wish the young man the best of luck but like others here have said, it certainly didn't appear he had practiced or worked his way into a starting lineup.

Now, the question is, who are our top four targets now that we have some additional schollies available? And who's out there besides Akinjo do we covet, and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
              https://www.panthernation.com/forum/...1-ncaa-and-nit

If you want a good laugh why UNI fans think the transfers are happening...
              Man, that is one bitter, bitter bunch. Especially that BCPanther fella.

9th place in the Valley? Things sure are peachy in Panther Land.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                Do these players know something we don't in regards to the coaching staff?

Very odd to see a guy with a clear path to becoming a starter for 18/19 like Keyser just up and leaving. Walk-ons leave all the time and Shamet is a first round pick, but CJ leaving is a red flag in my opinion.
                Villanova put on quite a show on Saturday evening.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

CJ looked to be an exceptional athlete. Unfortunately the basketball IQ wasn't all quite there for Marshall's system. He find a good home and wish him the best.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

The American is a strong league, the kind in which a team is as likely to go astray (if not more so) by having superior athletes who aren't very accomplished basketball players as by having superior basketball technicians who aren't exceptional athletes.

Best of luck to CJ. I hope his new home works as well for him as moving did for guys like Tevin Glass, Corey Henderson, and Rian Holland.

Comment

Not surprised by this at all. I thought, in January, that we were seeing the last of CJ. I actually was a bit surprised that he came back to play at WSU this past season. Much is needed on this team (as is evident from the attitude and drive of this past season). RK hinted as much as well. Next year could be tough to watch at times...but, one can hope that 2-3 years from now, we’re all going to be relieved to be in a new era.

Comment

Sweet! Free's us a scholarship for a guy who might play well and behave.

Comment

Working...
                        X