No announcement yet.

CJ Keyser Transfering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno, I thought CJ was on the verge of playing meaningful minutes next year. He was finally getting into games that weren't garbage time down the stretch (up until the season finale against Cincinatti). With everyone leaving, I thought CJ would finally be a major contributor. I certainly expected him to see more minutes over SHJ...

But maybe like Shockm said, maybe it was a work ethic thing and Marshall got all he needed to know in the exit interview. We might never know, but I must admit I'm a little surprised.

Comment

Hmm there must be something going on behind the scenes. He was set for big minutes this year. We may end up with just Reaves and Midgaard when this is all said and done lol.

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't see anything from him that suggested he would be likely to start next year (just assuming some of the new guys are average ability HCGM wings)

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
      I dunno, I thought CJ was on the verge of playing meaningful minutes next year. He was finally getting into games that weren't garbage time down the stretch (up until the season finale against Cincinatti). With everyone leaving, I thought CJ would finally be a major contributor. I certainly expected him to see more minutes over SHJ...

But maybe like Shockm said, maybe it was a work ethic thing and Marshall got all he needed to know in the exit interview. We might never know, but I must admit I'm a little surprised.
      Agree. Had some meaningful stints, though not lengthy (partially because of fouls, I suppose), Marshall had continually been building CJ up in interviews as being someone he was counting on. With Marshall not only sticking with, not to mention continue to recruit him, Shaq after Shaq admitting he was lazy, it is not easy to wrap my head around CJ being dismissed for that type of thing (do we have any evidence of lack of work ethic? I haven't seen it on the court.)
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems like you are assuming CJ was pushed out. Maybe he was or maybe this was totally his decision. No way to really know is there?

I could see CJ being the one with out of state girlfriend issues. Nonetheless, I'm not surprised by the move. I didn't see him getting a lot of minutes next season. Seemed lost for a guy in his second year in the program and didn't see him being a scoring threat. Learned this year we can't hide guys on one side of the floor. Wish him the best of luck.

Comment

• Shock Top
        Shock Top commented
        Editing a comment
        Right. If you haven’t started figuring it out by the end of year two, you’re in trouble.

CJ never made the impact SHJ did, before SHJ started having his own issues.

If they believe they can provide SHJ with the help/support needed, he’d definitely be ahead of CJ on the depth chart.

Best of luck to CJ. Anyone who can kiss the rim has the physical gifts to make it in college basketball. Hope he gets his chance.
      The Assman

Comment

Not surprising. Best of luck to CJ, I know he can be successful wherever he ends up.

Man, next year is going to be interesting to put it mildly. Replacing 8 scholarship players is insane. But what an opportunity for the new guys to show their stuff and forge a new era all their own.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

if-you-could-stop-dropping-like-flies-thatd-be-great.jpg
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I wish him the best, I think he is going to be an outstanding player on someones team
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

He sure looked a little "deer in headlights" and frazzled out there. Hopefully for him the experience he got will help him at his new place. Good luck C.J
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

All speculation... maybe he leaned on Heiar and once he left he found the intensity too much...maybe he was told what he had to do to earn minutes and it was too much...maybe he won the lottery... all speculation.

Comment

Do these players know something we don't in regards to the coaching staff?

Very odd to see a guy with a clear path to becoming a starter for 18/19 like Keyser just up and leaving. Walk-ons leave all the time and Shamet is a first round pick, but CJ leaving is a red flag in my opinion.

Comment

• shock
                    shock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You were happy with the product on the court this year?

• ShockdaWorld
                    ShockdaWorld commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

Very odd to see a guy with a clear path to becoming a starter for 18/19 like Keyser just up and leaving. Walk-ons leave all the time and Shamet is a first round pick, but CJ leaving is a red flag in my opinion.
                  That was the first thought that rolled into my mind... hopefully its just wanting to be closer to home for CJ.

Comment

Why is it a red flag? Players leave all the time for different reasons. Maybe it's home, maybe it's a girlfriend, maybe he's tired of the city, or the college itself, or maybe he just wants a change of scenery, there are tons of options that have nothing to do with basketball, or maybe he doesn't think he can find time here. There are lots of reasons that aren't nefarious or imply anything else. Anyone remember Jake White? That was much more surprising, and yet it was a sign of... Nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

CJ needs to go somewhere and reinvent himself. Lots of time and effort spent by many on the young man and not just on the court. This is zero surprise to me.

Comment

Do we have enough information to begin projecting the transfers? For example, if you haven't played "x" number of minutes by your sophomore year, the next two do not project well?

Just curious if we can use some type of rational thought to project who might not be around.

Comment

• shock
                          shock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          More about how they impact the team with the minutes they are given.
                      Working...
                      X