No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Team Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team leader is either going to be McDuffie by default or a freshman a. Those are really the only choices.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
      Team leader is either going to be McDuffie by default or a freshman a. Those are really the only choices.
      The Dane
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

If it's not McDuffie, we won't have a team leader. But it sounds like it will be McDuffie.

Comment

Whomever is in the WuShock costume for a given game.

Maybe the Patterson Legal Group guys.

Comment

Eric Stevenson... You're welcome

Comment

We still have 3 scholarships to give. Maybe the leader will be a player who is not even a Shocker yet.

Maybe it will be a player who is not even on scholarship. Go Tate!

Comment

According to Slick Will, Duff is ready to step into that role.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Leaders typically aren't appointed are become leaders just because they say they are going to be a leader. Generally these guys just naturally evolve. It can be developed but it seems ot me to be largely a natural, innate ability some players have and some don't.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• shock
                  shock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are getting some mileage out of this pic...

• ShockdaWorld
                  ShockdaWorld commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I remember posting it on two threads that asked the same question, but I struggled to get it to load the first time. If I posted it more times than that, I apologize. If not, you’re welcome.

Welp. Guess there is ONE option left for team leader...at least among guys with considerable experience.

Comment

Stevenson will be the guy, if not next season, the ones the follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    I think Austin will definitely come into this role next season. There are times he seemed to be the one that would help get guys fired up and he seems to communicate well and get guys in the right spot on the court. I can't remember what game it was but it was one where our walk-ons were being worked in. Kaelon Malone had just scored, and I think Kaelon was having one of those mini celebrations in his head and Austin gave him a little love tap to remind him to get his butt back on defense. Another thing that really stands out is how he always seems to be the first one picking his brothers up after a tough loss.

I think he's going to be the extension of coach on the court, while Markis can definitely assume a leadership role as well. They're going to have to because they will be the most battle tested of the bunch next season.
                    I agreed with this. Too bad that won't happen now. We need Markis to really step up next year.

Comment

• Walker
                      Walker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No doubt. We’re going to need Markis big time.

I've said for quite some time that I thought ES was going to be a starter and a great player. With AR
                    leaving I think he will also be our best perimeter threat and very well our team leader by February.
                    Laugh, if you like, but SHJ's stock continues to rise and he could be the biggest surprise of all
                    including potential team leader. Unless we can sign an outstanding PG I believe this is our
                    starting back court.

Comment

Color me surprised if SHJ flourishes this year. I hope I am even slightly surprised, but my level of confidence is waning. Love him to death, also an East High alum, but will try to hold out hope.

Erik I expect to be the real deal. Immediately. He is too good at catch-and-shoot to be PG, but I think he would be a good PG if necessary.

This recruiting year has been difficult for me mainly because we have two of the guys playing in Wichita and yet we get zero information as to how they have performed game-to-game. Ditto for the others who signed letters of intent. When I was a young(er) pup, I used to subscribe to the local newspapers for recruits (Paul Guffrovich) and even sent $20 bucks to a sportswriter and asked him to send me updates on another recruit. Even in this information age, it was easier back then, but certainly not instantaneous.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'd bet if you just sent Taylor a tweet, he'd dig up more information that you could possibly want on the recruits performances this year.

Thanks, Stickboy, but I don't tweet.

Comment

The day the season ended, I thought the team leader next year would be Shamet. I figured he would probably be coming back. Then when he decided to go pro, I thought it would be Reaves. Now I just don't know. I guess it will be McDuffy although I guess it could be ES or one of the other new guys. I don't like all of this uncertainty. Hopefully everything will work out, but next years Shockers will be hard to recognize.

Comment

Working...
                        X