Is UMKC game on tv tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC
    Aren't there more games on TV then ever?

I don't see how this is a "new low."
    The issue is most of those games aren't on a normal station. CH. 22 isn't the most convenient place to put a game and does almost seam like they place the Shox out of the way. It really sucks for those that have satelite and not Cox as they'll only be able to watch a couple of games this year unless they have friends.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

As someone living outside of the Wichita viewing market, Ch 22 has been great.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
        Guys like yourself and the KC-area folks are what's kept me from just outright hating the TV situation. I don't like it, but I'm not going to be too selfish, if JS thinks it is what's best for the program.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          Originally posted by ABC
          Guys like yourself and the KC-area folks are what's kept me from just outright hating the TV situation. I don't like it, but I'm not going to be too selfish, if JS thinks it is what's best for the program.
          We do not get most of the televised games in KC. For the most part, the only way we get to see the games are 1)ShockerVision and 2) if there's nothing better going on in or around KC, then Metro Sports will pick up the broadcast.

So far, there's been 1 televised game in KC this year.

For example: the UMKC/UNI game will be televised tomorrow instead of WSU/LSU on Metro Sports. The WSU/LSU game will be televised the next day at noon. Most in KC have Time Warner Cable, not Cox.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, vbird. For some reason I thought MetroSports picked up all of the games on Cox 22.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC

No that is not true. There was time when I could watch virtually every Shocker game on TV.

All of the home games were on the Shocker Channel and nearly every road game was on Channel 10 (Regular TV- I think one or two years, EVERY road game was on KAKE or espn etc).

Even during the worst of years (Mike Cohen, Scot Thompson) there were 8 to 10 road games on REAL TV and EVERY home game was on the Shocker Channel.

To me Shockervision is a huge step down from the Shocker Channel and Channel 22 is a big step down from having the games on KAKE.

Casual fans don't even know the games are on TV. And I get sick of my Ku friends making fun of our games being on "the weather channel".

The ideal situation would be to have more games on KWCH (or KAKE or even the CW) and have those same games on COX22 for the areas of the state that can't get KWCH. Also ShockerVision should supplement the ShockerChannel (be available for out of area people) not replace it.

Comment

I, for one, would love to see Shocker Channel return. Ny 87 year old mother is a huge Shocker fan and, obviously, would have difficulty attending games live and in person. Discontinuing Shocker Channel was a HUGE let down for the elderly and other shut-ins. Would love to see Royal and others on here campaign for its return!

Comment

I have no first-hand knowledge of the Shocker Channel. But wouldn't it have the same limitations as Cox 22 in terms of availability? Wouldn't the same people be complaining that they can't get it?

I'd be all for ShockerVision if they would actually produce it, instead of just simulcasting the video board feed.

Comment

Dunno anything about a Shocker channel. The only thing that keeps me from switching from cox to Dish, is that the WSU games are on cox.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989
                      Originally posted by ABC

No that is not true. There was time when I could watch virtually every Shocker game on TV.

All of the home games were on the Shocker Channel and nearly every road game was on Channel 10 (Regular TV- I think one or two years, EVERY road game was on KAKE or espn etc).

Even during the worst of years (Mike Cohen, Scot Thompson) there were 8 to 10 road games on REAL TV and EVERY home game was on the Shocker Channel.

To me Shockervision is a huge step down from the Shocker Channel and Channel 22 is a big step down from having the games on KAKE.

Casual fans don't even know the games are on TV. And I get sick of my Ku friends making fun of our games being on "the weather channel".

The ideal situation would be to have more games on KWCH (or KAKE or even the CW) and have those same games on COX22 for the areas of the state that can't get KWCH. Also ShockerVision should supplement the ShockerChannel (be available for out of area people) not replace it.
                      All good points and I totally agree.

The Cox deal is not a good one, mainly because Cox is a low-level cable company. Get it back on regular tv..
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

After watching the replay of the UMKC game, now I see the problem.

Yes, having the game as part of a window with weather and other stuff is low-rent.

In the past the games on Ch 22 were shown like it was a regular channel, not with all of the other crap on the edges.

I agree. It does make WSU look small time.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                          After watching the replay of the UMKC game, now I see the problem.

Yes, having the game as part of a window with weather and other stuff is low-rent.

In the past the games on Ch 22 were shown like it was a regular channel, not with all of the other crap on the edges.

I agree. It does make WSU look small time.
                          Only the replay is shown like that, not the original broadcast.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Royal Wrote:
                            I have no first-hand knowledge of the Shocker Channel. But wouldn't it have the same limitations as Cox 22 in terms of availability? Wouldn't the same people be complaining that they can't get it?

I was pretty young when we had it but if I recall it worked like a subcription service for the season. All home games were broadcast, not sure if there was a commentator or not, we listened to the radio. Basically it was like HBO, only for the shockers.

Comment

Originally posted by RockChalkWUShock
                              Royal Wrote:

I was pretty young when we had it but if I recall it worked like a subcription service for the season. All home games were broadcast, not sure if there was a commentator or not, we listened to the radio. Basically it was like HBO, only for the shockers.
                              The old Shocker Channel was the real deal. Full blown cable broadcast with play by play and color guys.... It was a great thing when you couldn't get a season ticket.... I think at one point it had a least 30,000 subscribers but I don't remember. I can't remember for sure, but I think all home and road games were on it, unless a network had rights, and it might have had them even then. I thinking back to the Gene Smithson era, wasn't in town during the Fogler years...and yes, it was subscription just like signing up for HBO.
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                              X