No announcement yet.

Shaq and Conner Repping the AAC in the The Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaq and Conner Repping the AAC in the The Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship

Thought I would move this from the Conner in the 3-Point Championship ot it's own thread.

SAN ANTONIO, Texas – Wichita State seniors Conner Frankamp and Shaquille Morris will team up with ECU's B.J. Tyson and UCF's A.J. Davis to compete in the inaugural Dos Equis 3x3U National Championship, March 30-April 1 at Bill Greehey Arena on the campus of St. Mary's University.

The Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship will begin on Friday, March 30 with 24 pool play games streamed live on Twitter from 7 p.m.-12:30 a.m. EST and will continue on Saturday, March 31 with another 24 pool play games streamed live on Twitter from 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. EST. The event will conclude on Sunday, April 1 with the quarterfinals broadcast live on Twitter from 1:35-3 p.m. EST, and the semifinals, third-place game and championship game broadcast live on ESPN2 from 3:30-5:30 p.m. EST.

"We are so excited to host these 128 players at this one-of-a-kind event,” said Drew Russell, Intersport’s Vice President of Sports Properties. “For fans, this will be an opportunity to see the nation's top seniors compete in the rapidly growing and faced-paced nature of 3-on-3 basketball. For players, it will be one last opportunity to showcase their skills on a national stage and give them the chance to earn a significant sum of money. It will also expose them to the 3-on-3 format which may lead to new opportunities as they take the next step in their professional careers.”

Every game of the Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship matters as money will be on the line at all times throughout the competition. Participants will compete for a $100,000 prize pool that will be distributed as follows:
    • Each pool play win will earn the team $1,000.
    • A quarterfinal win will earn the team $1,000.
    • A semifinal win will earn the team $1,000.
    • The team that wins the third-place game will earn $1,000.
    • The team that wins the championship will earn $50,000.
    Each team roster will be comprised of four eligible seniors from the same Division I college basketball conference. Teams will be organized into eight pools of four and each team will be guaranteed three pool play games. The Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship Player Selection Committee consists of college basketball experts from a wide range of media outlets including ESPN, CBS Sports, The Athletic, USA Today, NBC Sports, The Ringer, and more. The complete rosters for each conference will be revealed through a series of studio shows streamed live on Twitter once a day from Monday, March 26 through Thursday, March 29.

Tickets for the Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship are on sale now and start at just $15 with multi-day and group packages available.

For more information on the Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship, including buying tickets, event updates, details and rules, please follow us on Twitter, @3X3UHoops, or visit www.3X3UHoops.com.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Thought I would move this from the Conner in the 3-Point Championship ot it's own thread.

SAN ANTONIO, Texas – Wichita State seniors Conner Frankamp and Shaquille Morris will team up with ECU's B.J. Tyson and UCF's A.J. Davis to compete in the inaugural Dos Equis 3x3U National Championship, March 30-April 1 at Bill Greehey Arena on the campus of St. Mary's University.

The Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship will begin on Friday, March 30 with 24 pool play games streamed live on Twitter from 7 p.m.-12:30 a.m. EST and will continue on Saturday, March 31 with another 24 pool play games streamed live on Twitter from 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. EST. The event will conclude on Sunday, April 1 with the quarterfinals broadcast live on Twitter from 1:35-3 p.m. EST, and the semifinals, third-place game and championship game broadcast live on ESPN2 from 3:30-5:30 p.m. EST.

"We are so excited to host these 128 players at this one-of-a-kind event,” said Drew Russell, Intersport’s Vice President of Sports Properties. “For fans, this will be an opportunity to see the nation's top seniors compete in the rapidly growing and faced-paced nature of 3-on-3 basketball. For players, it will be one last opportunity to showcase their skills on a national stage and give them the chance to earn a significant sum of money. It will also expose them to the 3-on-3 format which may lead to new opportunities as they take the next step in their professional careers.”

Every game of the Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship matters as money will be on the line at all times throughout the competition. Participants will compete for a $100,000 prize pool that will be distributed as follows:
    • Each pool play win will earn the team $1,000.
    • A quarterfinal win will earn the team $1,000.
    • A semifinal win will earn the team $1,000.
    • The team that wins the third-place game will earn $1,000.
    • The team that wins the championship will earn $50,000.
    Each team roster will be comprised of four eligible seniors from the same Division I college basketball conference. Teams will be organized into eight pools of four and each team will be guaranteed three pool play games. The Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship Player Selection Committee consists of college basketball experts from a wide range of media outlets including ESPN, CBS Sports, The Athletic, USA Today, NBC Sports, The Ringer, and more. The complete rosters for each conference will be revealed through a series of studio shows streamed live on Twitter once a day from Monday, March 26 through Thursday, March 29.

Tickets for the Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship are on sale now and start at just $15 with multi-day and group packages available.

For more information on the Dos Equis 3X3U National Championship, including buying tickets, event updates, details and rules, please follow us on Twitter, @3X3UHoops, or visit www.3X3UHoops.com.
    Didn't the time change from EST to EDT last week?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• SweetShocker
      SweetShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Am i missing something. Connor and Shaq only make 2 players. Who will be their 3rd player?

You can probalby go to each conferences website and find out the makeup of their team.

American Conference .

Missouri Valley Conference . No Alize Johnson.

Big East . The Big East might need to check out the difference between a quintet and a quartet.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 28, 2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

It is always great to see a Shocker recognized for his or her excellence. In this case it is twice as great seeing that Conner and Shaq both got chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Didn't the time change from EST to EDT last week?
        Not if you have been drinking Dos Equis.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 28, 2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Since this is a "faced-paced" event, I recommend Ron Baker not participate.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I'm on my 3rd does equis amber tonight. Faced paced seems about right
            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

zbjcqn1ynqld5egy44rw.jpg
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Just one game at 9:55pm tonight?

Comment

Schedule

Video

Comment

The SWAC defeated the Big 12.

Comment

Ria'n Holland was playing on the Southern team.

Comment

Starting now

Comment

Shaq with 2 3s (worth 2 pts) to start it out. Non-Shocker has 2 TOs already

Comment

Shaq and Conner might have better off making their own team and playing 2v3

Comment

Working...
                            X