WSU vs UMKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs UMKC

UMKC was down 23 in a game earlier this year and forced overtime.

We were hoping to have EO tonight but that didn't work out. .Sounds like UMKC is getting their EO tonght though....

UMKC is getting help. Kenny Simms, a 6-foot-9 transfer from Florida International, becomes eligible for tonight’s game. He will provide a post presence that has been lacking in the first 10 games.

“I can’t tell you how excited I am for him to join us,” Brumagin said. “He has been here for about a year, beating us up in practice and making us look bad.

“Kenny is a very good player, very physical. He has an air to him when he’s on the floor. That’s something this team needs right now. The way he competes will definitely help us.”
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Wont be as easy as many think . This is :posterwsu: 8) 8) a trap game!.
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

it very well could be but after a lose last game i think we'll come out and put them away early :wsu_posters:
        ShockerNut 2305

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerNut2305
          it very well could be but after a lose last game i think we'll come out and put them away early :wsu_posters:
          The last two times we played UMKC they stayed close through the first half. It took second half runs to put them away...

It is a trap game, the the line between a win and a loss for the Shox has never been thinner game in and game out...

Brummagen and Blackwell will keep us busy, now they throw in a player that has never been scouted...

Comment

Those of you who wanted to bench Gal to teach him a lesson may have your wish granted tonight. From today's Eagle:

WSU coach Gregg Marshall said there is a strong possibility he will change one or more players in the starting lineup for tonight. He won't know for sure until after today's shootaround. "The time is right to mix it up a little bit," Marshall said. "I told them that (earlier in the week) whenever we watched the video that we would probably mix it up."

Not saying this means Gal will be benched, but it might. I think Wendell might start tonight in place of Gal, with the starting line-up MB, WP, PJ, RC, and PT. Another line-up I think is possible for tonight is to move PJ to the 2 and start Mantas at the 3, with the starting line-up MB, PJ, MG, RC, and PT. That second line-up is the line-up I thought would be best at the start of the season. I hope to see it. Matt and PJ should play 35 minutes each every game at the 1 and 2. Mantas and Ellis can switch time at the 3. Ramon, Phil, JT, and Arbry can rotate in the 4 and 5. Give Gal and Wendell 5-10 minutes a game at the 1 or 2 when they can't screw anything up. That is until they prove they can score (Wendell) or not make bonehead turnovers every game (Gal). Maybe starting Mantas would kick-start his confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShockFan
              Not saying this means Gal will be benched, but it might. I think Wendell might start tonight in place of Gal, with the starting line-up MB, WP, PJ, RC, and PT. Another line-up I think is possible for tonight is to move PJ to the 2 and start Mantas at the 3, with the starting line-up MB, PJ, MG, RC, and PT. That second line-up is the line-up I thought would be best at the start of the season. I hope to see it. Matt and PJ should play 35 minutes each every game at the 1 and 2. Mantas and Ellis can switch time at the 3. Ramon, Phil, JT, and Arbry can rotate in the 4 and 5. Give Gal and Wendell 5-10 minutes a game at the 1 or 2 when they can't screw anything up. That is until they prove they can score (Wendell) or not make bonehead turnovers every game (Gal). Maybe starting Mantas would kick-start his confidence.
              Why not go with Bret Michael, Lance Harris, Graham Hatch, Brett Burley and Arbry Butler? Throw in Scott Thompson to coach as well. It might improve all their confidence.:shock: :roll:
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I posted this earlier on another thread, but I agree that a shakeup may be in order. Starting Mantas and benching Gal may jump start Mantas and teach Gal a lesson at the same time. Think how much better we would be if Mantas started playing closer to his potential and Gal stopped all those silly turnovers.

Comment

I can't believe people really wanna bench our 2nd leading scorer and best free throw shooter and point to turnovers as the reason. Our three main ball handlers have 20, 27, and 29 assists to go with 21, 23, and 20 turnovers. Those numbers are PJ, Gal, and Matt in that order. Why don't we bench PJ and Matt also?

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
                    I can't believe people really wanna bench our 2nd leading scorer and best free throw shooter and point to turnovers as the reason. Our three main ball handlers have 20, 27, and 29 assists to go with 21, 23, and 20 turnovers. Those numbers are PJ, Gal, and Matt in that order. Why don't we bench PJ and Matt also?
                    I agree that the calls to bench Gal are (at this point) unwarrented. However, I think that one of the reasons Gal gets more of the blame than PJ or Matt is the way his turnovers occur. There is something particularly unsettling about watching Gal get called for palming when there are 30 seconds left on the shot clock and he is standing five feet from the half court line without being closely guarded. Statistically and practically it may not be any more damaging but it does tend to cause more fan frustration.
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Bench Gal

I think Gal needs to be disciplined a little. Why bench him? Because it is a team sport and he needs to see how unselfish Matt and PJ play. Until Gal learns to play as a team, he will not get better. I think he can be a much better player. Starting Mantas might give him a boost of confidence. Gal should still get most of the bench minutes for backing up Matt and PJ. Just my opinion.

Comment

The more likely scenario would be PJ to the 2, and either Mantas or JT into the starting lineup... Wendell brings no scoring to the table, and no potential for scoring. Mantas at least has the potential.

Or Gal could start, JT could start in place of PT.

I don't see that Wendell in the starting rotation does anything but take points off the floor. No offence to WP.

:posterwu: :posterwu:

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
                          No offence to WP.
                          Did you mean "Offence" or "Offense"?

Either way works...
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                            Originally posted by jocoshock
                            No offence to WP.
                            Did you mean "Offence" or "Offense"?

Either way works...
                            Take your pick :D

I was not meaning to offend WP, but I get your point....both apply

Comment

Originally posted by benishock
                              I posted this earlier on another thread, but I agree that a shakeup may be in order. Starting Mantas and benching Gal may jump start Mantas and teach Gal a lesson at the same time. Think how much better we would be if Mantas started playing closer to his potential and Gal stopped all those silly turnovers.
                              Is Mantas going to play the 3 in your scenario? He seems like he'd be too sluggish/slow to play against other 3's on the Defensive end in my opinion. Unless you figure he should start over Ramon or Phil, which would be a terrible idea.
                              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                              X