X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Marshall Show - 03/19/18

Gregg Marshall Show Tonight - Last one of the 2017-18 Season

Monday, 03/19/18 - 6:00pm to 7:00pm
    All news, and all that matters to you in the Wichita region, plus 24-hour traffic updates, weather & more. Stream, read and download KNSS-AM from any device on Audacy.

98.7 FM
    1330 KNSS

Likely tape delayed broadcast: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoxSports/featured

Marshall - "overall we did not play well, turned the ball over and didn't advance. Disappointed"

Positives - "Was in the top 25 all of season, the loss to Cincinnati to hurt our motivation and never recovered"

Comment

"gave me a chance to begin spring recruiting"

Comment

Marshall - "season over, hitting the recruiting trail"

Comment

Said he was glad he wasn't the Cindy coach - losing a game where he was up 22 with 11 minutes left.

Comment

one on one meetings with players this week

Comment

definitely not done recruiting

Comment

Coach sounds like he thinks Duff is coming back

Comment

says AM has to get tougher. Is highly skilled, but is to nice.

Comment

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
                    GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I made the comment the other day that they might have to shackle him to a tree and beat him with a stick to make him meaner (KIDDING!). Dude carries himself like an amazing human being and by all accounts is such. I just wish he had...a competitive streak.

Sounds he will recommend to Landry to go through the NBA evaluation process (no surprise). If he comes out of that projecting to the first round, he should go (I agree). If he comes back he should get stronger, quicker and more consistent.

He felt like McDuffie was really hurt by missing all the fall ball and early season. Thinks we'll see a more consistent Markis next year.

Didn't sound like he thought CJ would be going anywhere since most those guys who were in front of him will be gone.

Thinks Asbjorn is the nicest viking he's ever met. He also thinks AM is extremely talented and can be a force.

SHJ??? Seems like his anxiety issues will have much to do with whether he returns. As someone with family members who suffer with anxiety I can attest that it can be very debilitating. It's much different playing in Koch Arena than in a high school or juco gym.

Pretty much said that our defensive regression was due to lack of speed on the perimeter.

Disappointed with the way Memphis treated Tubby. Memphis should pay Tubby everything he's owed. He likes Penny and has no problem with him becoming the new coach.

He likes Kevin Ollie as well but thought that change was probably due.

Said he wasn't going anywhere unless it was to Normal to kick Muller's butt. That is unless Lynn beat him to it.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So it sounds as though WSU won't be doing home/home with IllSt anytime soon. Wonder if the Jailbirds would do a buy game here -- wouldn't that be an entertaining offer to make?

Gotta luv 3G!
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Thanks for the summary!

Comment

I thought he sounded pretty rational, all things considered.

Comment

I appreciated the honest reflection on the defensive issues, and I concur with him...they just couldn't stop the drive, close out on jumpers, or prevent good scorers from even getting the ball in the first place. Did anyone else notice that our help defense wasn't as effective as it has been in the past? It seemed to me like when we would hedge with the bigs, there seemed to be a lot of open feeds to the roll player. Maybe it's just me...

Comment

Any talk about Lomax?

Comment

• Shockm
                            Shockm commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Only when talking about new coaches, GM said he didn’t like how Tubby was treated. He liked Penny and Penny only treated our coaches well during the recruitment of Alex.
                        Working...
                        X